PDA

View Full Version : Donovan McDumb

JTP53609
10-19-2009, 03:11 PM
has there ever been a qb that has done so many stupid things in his career but still gets the benefit of the doubt. He is a good qb but he has made some very dumb mistakes in his career and yesterday was just another one.
He calls a timeout inside of 2 minutes to go with the eagles driving, one problem though, THEY HAD NO TIME OUTS. Whether it is that or him not knowing the rules of overtime after the official tells both him and everyone else at midfield, or his terrible 2 minute drive in the SUPER BOWL where he was walking up to the line acting like it was the first qtr. He gets the pass all time and it seems the media gives him excuse after excuse, but I think he is just a dumb@$$ that is arrogant everytime I hear him talk.

Scarletfire1970
10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Rush is that you?

LOL. J/K.

I seen the game yesterday. That was pretty pathetic. Philly always seems to screw up 2 minute drives and the time out thing was just unreal.

redundantman
10-19-2009, 03:42 PM
A couple of helpful tips:

1. When criticizing McNabb ALWAYS preface the criticism with a disclaimer about how you are not racist followed quickly by thinly veiled fawning over his athleticism.
2. When replying to threads that criticize McNabb always start with racist accusations and proceed quickly to comparisons of the poster to Hitler and/or Stalin regardless of post content (especially stated disclaimers).
3. You are a clearly a racist and worse than Hitler.

aggiebones
10-19-2009, 03:43 PM
How in the heck do you think he gets a pass? He's been hammered on his whole career. He's been benched and been called out by big racist douche on national TV. Facts:
-He's a good QB the majority of the time under center.
-He blows up periodically in games, some important. (Favre does more often, but loved)
-He's not maybe a championship caliber QB, but how many are there really.
-Stays out of trouble, good affable guy (for an NFL football player) (not sure where you get the arrogance thing compared to all QBs).

Quite frankly, the opening statement in this thread is at least as McDumb as Donovan's gaff.
I could care less about him or the Eagles routinely, but this thread seemed so far out there, I had to respond. Guy made a dumb mental mistake. And he didn't know a rule once that he never had been faced with before. How you think he gets a pass is beyond me. They've drafted guys from their position to challenge him, but he's been consistently in the top 8 QBs in the league for a decade. Not so easy to replace.

eniparadoxgma
10-19-2009, 06:42 PM

1. When criticizing McNabb ALWAYS preface the criticism with a disclaimer about how you are not racist followed quickly by thinly veiled fawning over his athleticism.
2. When replying to threads that criticize McNabb always start with racist accusations and proceed quickly to comparisons of the poster to Hitler and/or Stalin regardless of post content (especially stated disclaimers).

:Clap :Clap :Clap

flippy
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
I think we're playing Philly in the SuperBowl.

I still think the Eagles are better than the Saints, Giants, etc.

Scarletfire1970
10-19-2009, 07:13 PM
OH good. Cause McNabb will choke and we will have our 7th Lombardi!!!!! :tt1

phillyesq
10-19-2009, 08:09 PM
I think we're playing Philly in the SuperBowl.

I still think the Eagles are better than the Saints, Giants, etc.

They don't impress me at all. I've seen this before -- they get off to a hot start, put up a few games where they blow people out, and then collapse. Aside from Samuel and some guys on their defensive line, they have nobody on defense. It is so bad that they resigned Trotter.

They have weapons on offense, but ultimately, the offense is led by McNabb. The guy who puked in the huddle during the super bowl. I don't think he'll ever win a sb with the eagles.

Plus, the Saints destroyed the eagles. The Saints were the only decent team they played, and they got crushed. In the AFC, the eagles would be lucky to contend for a wildcard spot.

Flasteel
10-19-2009, 08:57 PM

:Clap :Clap :Clap

I believe this is the crux behind Godwin's Law. The positive correlation between the length of online discussions and the use of Hitler analogies.

stlrz d
10-19-2009, 09:41 PM
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81346080.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC818F9BC549B5020B 26FD13ED7B73D4BC

PS - dig the fade on George Lynch! :lol:

Shoe
10-19-2009, 10:12 PM
White guys can't play Cornerback.

JTP53609
10-20-2009, 07:36 AM
all i know is that sal palantonio is the official eagle follower and we hear about them almost on a weekly basis, i scratch my head why and every time they talk about the eagles it seems that mcnabb is gets the benefit of the doubt for just about anything,

aggiebones
10-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Sal is the Eagle guy and his bias is hard to get past when talking about the Eagles. But he does have some connections there and, if dissected, his info is newsworthy.

They put other guys out there for him from time to time, benching or injuries and they always flop badly. Kobe looked pretty good last time out and could finally be hunting McNabb's spot. But when someone is moved, the backup rarely performs near the starter for the next season and most intelligent coaches know this. Hey we had fans here that were excited about Cliff Stoudt.

BTW, I was a white CB and option QB in HS damnit!
Granted I got no respect either or maybe I just wasn't that good. Hmmm, memory believes I was and Mom said so too.

stlrz d
10-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Sal is the Eagle guy and his bias is hard to get past when talking about the Eagles. But he does have some connections there and, if dissected, his info is newsworthy.

They put other guys out there for him from time to time, benching or injuries and they always flop badly. Kobe looked pretty good last time out and could finally be hunting McNabb's spot. But when someone is moved, the backup rarely performs near the starter for the next season and most intelligent coaches know this. Hey we had fans here that were excited about Cliff Stoudt.

BTW, I was a white CB and option QB in HS damnit!
Granted I got no respect either or maybe I just wasn't that good. Hmmm, memory believes I was and Mom said so too.

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/1391-1/kobe_bryant_dunk2.jpg

:?:

http://www.mrcheapstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/image/kobe_steak.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9706/07/japan.beheading/japan.kobe.lg.jpg

:wink: :lol:

aggiebones
10-21-2009, 04:46 PM
yep, you got me. Meant to put kolb and put kobe. That truly ruined my point as I doubt kobe likely can't play QB at 6'8. Well actually he's probably better than McNabb. I mean, who isn't?

stlrz d
10-21-2009, 08:18 PM
yep, you got me. Meant to put kolb and put kobe. That truly ruined my point as I doubt kobe likely can't play QB at 6'8. Well actually he's probably better than McNabb. I mean, who isn't?

I know what you meant...was just messin' with you. :D

But there has been a 6' 8" QB in the NFL...he is the brother of a pretty famous former MLB player.

http://halconesmarinos.com/img_jugadores/DmcGwireSea.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_z6y9JYt_O_s/Sbdx7Bo-AMI/AAAAAAAAADg/-4Qjhf9t8NE/s320/mcgwire.jpg

feltdizz
10-21-2009, 10:43 PM

I always get a kick out the "warning" of the racism label before it's issued.

Kinda like you want to help get the key words out on the table early... Set the tone
:Blah