PDA

View Full Version : Bengals lose Odom for the season...may lose Peko too

stlrz d
10-18-2009, 09:15 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -peko-too/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/18/bengals-worry-about-domata-peko-too/)

DukieBoy
10-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Those would be tough injuries for them. Then this division will boil down to the Steelers and Ratbirds, disappointment in Cinci and despair in Cleveland.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Those would be tough injuries for them. Then this division will boil down to the Steelers and Ratbirds, disappointment in Cinci and despair in Cleveland.

I can live with despair in Cleveland, sounds good to me!! :Cheers

costanza2k1
10-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Ouch...sucks for them, they were finally putting things together too.

phillyesq
10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Shame for the Bengals. I never like to see injuries, but this is a very big blow for them.

costanza2k1
10-19-2009, 12:45 AM
These injuries will test their hearts, will they lose faith and crumble or do they have enough leadership to carry on...time will tell.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Seems like the Rats are the healthiest of the 3 AFCN contenders.

JTP53609
10-19-2009, 07:35 AM
cant help but feel bad for them especially odom, guy is not a show boat he plays hard and is having a good season,....

Jooser
10-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Sucks for Cinnci, I was counting on them kicking the Ratbirds' asses at home later this season. ...and I thought for sure they'd choke against the stains in the rematch. Oh well, ya never know.....

:bungalssuck :ratsuck :brownssuck

Oviedo
10-19-2009, 08:47 AM
AFC North at the end of the season will be:

Steelers
Bumgals
Ravens
Stains

Ravens have avoided key injuries thus far but they are coming for them and when they do they will slide.

Iron Shiek
10-19-2009, 08:54 AM
AFC North at the end of the season will be:

Steelers
Bumgals
Ravens
Stains

Ravens have avoided key injuries thus far but they are coming for them and when they do they will slide.

That was my prediction at the beginning of the year. That and the Texans finishing ahead of the Titans...well I didn't see the Titans challenging for the Lions Futility Record! Ha.

I'll echo everyone's thoughts...that Odom was a heck of a pass rusher. Very unfortunate. I think they can keep it going still...for another couple of weeks, then shat down their legs come crunch time.

Jom112
10-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Not sure what's in worse shape after Sunday, the Bengals D-Line or my liver.

If the Bengals are serious about going far THIS season then we should try and be aggressive before the trade deadline. I think Fanene might actually be decent in replacing Odom at DE, but at DT, Peko will be a big loss because Tank Johnson is still battling plantar fasciitis. Pat Sims is pretty much our only healthy DT.

No excuses though, the Offense needs to start picking it up to overcome these injuries...

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2009, 02:45 PM

If the Bengals are serious about going far THIS season then we should try and be aggressive before the trade deadline. I think Fanene might actually be decent in replacing Odom at DE, but at DT, Peko will be a big loss because Tank Johnson is still battling plantar fasciitis. Pat Sims is pretty much our only healthy DT.

No excuses though, the Offense needs to start picking it up to overcome these injuries...

We'll trade you Casey Hampton for your first round pick! :wink:

Jom112
10-19-2009, 02:47 PM

We'll trade you Casey Hampton for your first round pick! :wink:

If you take Daniel Coats as well and promise to start him at TE over Miller, then deal. :lol:

Coats has worse hands than Ike Taylor. Limas Sweed is probably laughing at how bad his hands are...

AkronSteel
10-19-2009, 05:02 PM
These are two real big losses for the Bengals! Odom had brought a degree of rush to the Bengals they haven't had in a long time and Peko is probably their best DT. I expect to see them have a major drop off defensively. On a side note though Rey Maualuga is a beast. That kid can hit and will be a thorn in our side for a long time to come.

The Bengals may not be done but this definitely puts them behind the 8 ball. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Forte and the Bears beat them again come Sunday.

:2c