PDA

View Full Version : OT-Bills vs Jets

grotonsteel
10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Is anyone watching this game???? Its ugly..........

Sanchez 5 INT....!!!!!!!! Boy he will face the heat from media now.......no more Joe Namath comparision i guess for couple of weeks atleast

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm watching. The Bills actually have 6 FGs, the Jets FG holder bobbled a snap and had to make a throw.

He can still be compared to Namath - Broadway Joe had 5 pics in one game too!

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Namath sucks. Most overrated QB ever. A crock of a Hall of Famer. He had 47 more interceptions in his career than touchdowns (173 TD, 220 INT) and was only had a 50.1% completion percentage for his career. Even the historically awful bust JaMarcus Russell has a 51.8% completion percentage and has only 1 more interception then touchdown in his career (17 TD, 18 INT).

Namath gets all the credit for winning Super Bowl III, but he didn't even have a good game (17-28 for 206 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT). They won because of a strong defensive performance (5 forced turnovers) and the running of Matt Snell (30 carries for 121 yards and 1 TD). Namath is a hack. Yeah, I said it.

phillyesq
10-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Namath sucks. Most overrated QB ever. A crock of a Hall of Famer. He had 47 more interceptions in his career than touchdowns (173 TD, 220 INT) and was only had a 50.1% completion percentage for his career. Even the historically awful bust JaMarcus Russell has a 51.8% completion percentage and has only 1 more interception then touchdown in his career (17 TD, 18 INT).

Namath gets all the credit for winning Super Bowl III, but he didn't even have a good game (17-28 for 206 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT). They won because of a strong defensive performance (5 forced turnovers) and the running of Matt Snell (30 carries for 121 yards and 1 TD). Namath is a hack. Yeah, I said it.

How do you really feel? :lol:

I've seen a few Jets games this year, and while Sanchez shows a lot of promise, he also makes a lot of mistakes, and has gotten away with quite a few more that didn't come back to bite him. What will be interesting is whether he can throw the ball in the Meadowlands in bad weather. If not, the Jets have a big problem.

rpmpit
10-19-2009, 11:49 AM

How do you really feel? :lol:

I've seen a few Jets games this year, and while Sanchez shows a lot of promise, he also makes a lot of mistakes, and has gotten away with quite a few more that didn't come back to bite him. What will be interesting is whether he can throw the ball in the Meadowlands in bad weather. If not, the Jets have a big problem.

Yeah RB, don't hold back :lol: Namath's biggest accomplishment was making the AFL relevant by beating the Colts. But yeah, he was just a part of a good team. Not a great qb by any stretch. Jets fans have VERY little to be proud of in terms of history and accomplisment. I have a bunch of Jets fans as friends and it seems like every year their memories get worse and Namath gets better :lol:

Sanchez and really the whole Jets team started to believe their hype way too soon. I thought Ryan would do a better job of keeping them grounded. I guess I was wrong.

JTP53609
10-19-2009, 12:25 PM
i just find it funny how I knew that the jets and sanchez will come back to earth and crumble but the media made out with them 3 weeks ago saying how they are a super bowl contender, now there will be no mention of them, peter king for example had the saints ranked as the 24th best team 6 weeks ago, now he has them #1, are we supposed to take these people serious...and big ben throws for 417 yds, and i have not heard anything about it....