Uncle Rico
10-18-2009, 05:54 PM
*Patriots 45 Titans 0 at the half! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Djfan
10-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah. Can we watch another game now?

AngryAsian
10-18-2009, 06:20 PM
It is worth losing that one game in my pool to see this phenomenal thumping. I hate both teams, but to see the ones who dared to sin against the TT remain without a win since their heinous transgression.... priceless.

Djfan
10-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Fair enough, A, but can I just see Marsha get a career ending injury, please??

buckeyehoppy
10-18-2009, 06:57 PM
It is worth losing that one game in my pool to see this phenomenal thumping. I hate both teams, but to see the ones who dared to sin against the TT remain without a win since their heinous transgression.... priceless.

Couldn't agree more, ASIAN! When the outcome is this lopsided, it means the karma is irrefutable. You f--- with T3, bad things happen!

Flasteel
10-18-2009, 07:22 PM
...and it keeps getting worse for those who transgressed:

LenDale White carted off
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 18, 2009 6:15 PM ET
An injury has been added to an insulting evening for the Titans in the Foxborough snow.

Tennessee is trailing 52-0 early in the third quarter, and the Titans lost running back LenDale White in the second quarter to an undisclosed injury.

White left the game and was limping on the sideline before hoping on a cart and heading to the locker room early. It appeared to be an ankle injury, but that hasn't been confirmed.

White had six carries for 15 yards before leaving, and lost a fumble early in the second quarter when the game was only 10-0.

Starlifter
10-18-2009, 09:53 PM
lendale should consider drinking tequila again..........

Shoe
10-18-2009, 10:18 PM
What is disappointing is (as far as I've seen--granted, I don't watch every minute of every Tennessee game) that no commentator or TV analyst for that matter, mentions this quite strange anomaly.

To stomp in such a graphic way, the TT, and the resulting string of L's. Imaginative commentators should at least bring it to light... it'd make LenDale (and the rest) look like 10x the jacka$ses they are.

Jooser
10-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Stomp and brag about it. Wow, this is the worst case of TT curse I've ever seen. Damn.

Starlifter
10-19-2009, 09:56 AM
there must be steelers bar in nashville. the titans have a bye week next. next sunday our brothers/sisters in black and gold should pretend to be titans fans and hold a public ceremony trying to remove the 'curse'. have a portrait of myron. hand out towels to wave, sacrifice a virgin (if you can find one in Tenn). think how awesome it would be to the legend if they then WON their next game!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2009, 10:03 AM
there must be steelers bar in nashville. the titans have a bye week next. next sunday our brothers/sisters in black and gold should pretend to be titans fans and hold a public ceremony trying to remove the 'curse'. have a portrait of myron. hand out towels to wave, sacrifice a virgin (if you can find one in Tenn). think how awesome it would be to the legend if they then WON their next game!!!!

Well, since they are playing the Jaguars after the bye (who needed overtime to beat the Rams this weekend and lost to the Seahawks 41-0 the week before), the chances of a victory in their next game appear to be quite good.

D Rock
10-19-2009, 11:29 AM

Well, since they are playing the Jaguars after the bye (who needed overtime to beat the Rams this weekend and lost to the Seahawks 41-0 the week before), the chances of a victory in their next game appear to be quite good.

you sure about that?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20091004030

JTP53609
10-20-2009, 12:28 PM
well i guess the curse of the towel makes teams quit too, because the titans quit, they stopped playing...

Uncle Rico
10-20-2009, 12:45 PM
well i guess the curse of the towel makes teams quit too, because the titans quit, they stopped playing...
The Terrible Towel does work in mysterious ways.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-20-2009, 12:54 PM
If the Titans' woes are really due to "the curse of the Terrible Towel" then why did the Steelers have to go to OT to beat them, while the Pats* slaughtered them? If the Steelers had beaten Tennessee 59-0, it would be a lot easier for me to buy in to the "curse" thing. :lol:

Uncle Rico
10-20-2009, 01:19 PM
If the Titans' woes are really due to "the curse of the Terrible Towel" then why did the Steelers have to go to OT to beat them, while the Pats* slaughtered them? If the Steelers had beaten Tennessee 59-0, it would be a lot easier for me to buy in to the "curse" thing. :lol:
The Terrible Towel does not adhere to such simple logic because.....well.......it's a towel. :tt2

stlrz d
10-20-2009, 09:20 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k267/kagefury/terrible_towelie_game.jpg

proudpittsburgher
10-20-2009, 09:24 PM
The Terrible Towel does not adhere to such simple logic because.....well.......it's a towel. :tt2

I dunno, Lenwhale got carted off the field on Sunday. Maybe that's just one last poke in the eyeball for the curse.

Oviedo
10-21-2009, 08:00 AM
You would think by now that one of the local media outlets (radio or television) would have been smart enough to make some publicity out of this by offering to "remove" the curse if the Titans made an significant contribution to the school for the handicapped that it supports.

It would be a good way to do something for a charity and have the boneheads from Nashville show some class.

I sure some of the ESPN1250 folks could link up with theoir peers in nashville and do this for a good thing.