PDA

View Full Version : The non-offensive touchdowns MUST stop!

SteelTorch
10-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Forget our defense for a second - I don't know if you fellas have been keeping track, but as of today, we have given up a total of 4 non-offensive touchdowns in 4 games. 2 interceptions, one fumble, and one kickoff all returned for a touchdown.

That's 28 non-offensive points alone! I tallied it myself, and it amounts to a third of the amount of points total we've given up in the last four games.

I'm always glad for the win, but if we want to go far, we can't keep doing this. These mistakes are making our defense look worse than it's actually playing, and letting teams hang around until the last minute. Sooner or later, it's going to bite us in the rear-end. It already did in Cincy: take away that one TD, and we win. (Don't even get me started on the two fumbles in a row today).

On the bright side, Troy looked good, our D looked better, and thank God for Big Ben. :tt2

PS: Sorry for the lack of "Unnofficial Game Ball" threads, fellas. My schedule has kept me from posting here regularly. Feel free to make your own, if you wish. :wink:

stlrz d
10-18-2009, 04:34 PM
You'll get no disagreement from me.

buckeyehoppy
10-18-2009, 06:43 PM
The turnovers at key times in the game and ST breakdowns are what separate champions from contenders.

The way the Steelers have played the first six weeks has been good enough to get them to 4-2. But next week they get a real team with a real record. They have weaknesses...what NFL team doesn't? But giving the ball away and not taking control on ST is what will make the difference.

Simply put, the Steelers must have zero turnovers and must also create a few in a big home game next week. If they can do that, I'm sure we'll all breathe easier.

JTP53609
10-20-2009, 07:27 AM
i agree...

SteelTorch
10-26-2009, 02:25 AM
*Bump*

Today makes that 5 TDs in five games. I think I'm gonna end up bumping this every week until the streak stops. :)

Happy to get the win, but AGAIN...we have to stop giving these up, or I guarantee it WILL bite us in the ass again. :?

JTP53609
10-26-2009, 07:32 AM
5 non offensive touchdowns given up is 5 too many....

RuthlessBurgher
10-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Our two non-offensive TD's trumped their one non-offensive TD in this game, though. :wink:

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 02:08 PM
I feel like puking.