PDA

View Full Version : Let it be known that at 8:23 of the third quarter...

msp26505
10-18-2009, 03:16 PM
...the idiot color commentator whose name I don't know and refuse to learn finally correctly pronounced MenDENhall.

Who the flip is MendINGhall and why did it take two hours for someone to whisper into his earpiece that he was mispronouncing his name.

It's not like he was dealing with Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala. :wft :moon

Shoe
10-18-2009, 03:32 PM
fyi, it's 14:13 in the 4th... and he's still calling him Mendinghall. :wink:

stlrz d
10-18-2009, 03:38 PM
It's Wilcotts doing it. Sounds like Harlan is even stressing the name hoping he'll catch on.

msp26505
10-18-2009, 03:47 PM
It's Wilcotts doing it. Sounds like Harlan is even stressing the name hoping he'll catch on.

I agree Harlan's trying to help. Maybe if he referred to his partner as "Wilcox" he might get the message.

steelblood
10-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Solomon Wilcottings makes me long for the banal ramblings of Phil Simms or the manufactured and forced excitability of Gus Johnson.

A little off topic, but does anyone watch SEC football on CBS regularly. That Gary Danielson is the most pedantic SOB ever. He always knows what people were intending to do. He always second guesses coaches decisions. And, he's rarely right.

Starlifter
10-19-2009, 10:29 AM
notice how well wilcotts pronounces the browns players names. hey, when you play a scrub team - you get the scrub announcers.

ikestops85
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I also loved how LaVar Woodley made a tackle for a 3 yard loss :shock:

That guy had me wondering how we missed all the new steelers on the roster. :)

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2009, 10:50 AM
There is a guy in my office who is the commissioner of my other fantasy league who consistently pronounces Ben's name "Rotsinberger." He's not trying to be derogatory or anything...he just can't seem to say the name. Even though the guy is a Dolphins fan, you'd think after watching Ben win a couple of Super Bowls, you'd pick up on the dude's name eventually.

proudpittsburgher
10-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Well, Willcotts is an equal opportunity name screwer upper, he still calls Ben Rotlisberger. And he ket going back and forth with Mendenhall, but he pronounced it mendinghall more often than he got it right. And yes, Kevin Harlen kept finding ways to subtully correct him, but Solomin wasn't bright enough to pick it up.

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2009, 11:08 AM
We expect more from a guy who ended his career as a Steeler, even if he is tainted by the fact that he was a Bungle for the majority of his playing career.

Iron Shiek
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Ha...this thread is killin me. :lol:

Yeah "Wilcox" doesn't just save it for TV, when he does his radio show on Sirius its worse.

JTP53609
10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
soloman wilcots name sounds like a football play run by a home run hitter....

stlrz d
10-19-2009, 09:07 PM
This was brought up on the nationally syndicated Steve Czaban show on Fox Sports Radio this morning.

Every Monday they do a segment called "Upon further review" and people can call or text in responses.

Some dude called in and said, "Upon further review Solomon Wilcots is an idiot...it's RashaRD MenDENhall, not Rashad MenDINGhall!"

:lol:

Captain Lemming
10-19-2009, 09:31 PM
fyi, it's 14:13 in the 4th... and he's still calling him Mendinghall. :wink:

That was his name last year when he was injured

JTP53609
10-20-2009, 10:13 AM
last week was bad too with dick enberg....i love dick enberg always though he was great and he did countless super bowls, but he is slipping big time in the booth, (he has to be 75, so its not like it unexpected)...still love the OHHHH MYYY

Iron Shiek
10-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah but I noticed Enberg just randomly throwing it out there...nothing really happened this one time and he just threw out an "oh my" with no emphasis or anything. As if he didn't have anything to say and just reverted to his catch phrase to fill up the air time...

proudpittsburgher
10-20-2009, 05:16 PM
So if we mix the two commentators, we could end up with an outburst like this . . .

Ooooh Myyyyy! Mendinhall takes the handoff from Bin Roetlisberger and takes it 72 yards for the Steelers Touchdown. Ohhh Myyyyyy!! Seriously, there is a reason I like to turn the sound down and listen to Tunch and Billy.

stlrz d
10-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah but I noticed Enberg just randomly throwing it out there...nothing really happened this one time and he just threw out an "oh my" with no emphasis or anything. As if he didn't have anything to say and just reverted to his catch phrase to fill up the air time...

He's old...he probably sharted. :D

stlrz d
11-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Ugh...he's saying it on NFLN Playbook right now.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

stlrz d
11-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Heh, and right after I post that he corrects himself. Must have been a producer in his ear. :lol:

Also, after the bubble screen TD highlight Mike Mayock said he voted for Hines in the Heisman. To quote him he said, "That's how much I liked him."

SteelAbility
11-11-2009, 08:50 AM
last week was bad too with bad word enberg....i love bad word enberg always though he was great and he did countless super bowls, but he is slipping big time in the booth, (he has to be 75, so its not like it unexpected)...still love the OHHHH MYYY

Well meat/poison here. I still hate OHHHH MYYY. :P