PDA

View Full Version : Return of Troy vs. Loss of Aaron

Shoe
10-18-2009, 12:12 PM
*In your opinion*

is it a net gain for our defense today, or net loss?

stlrz d
10-18-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't think it's a gain anytime you lose a starter but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a loss either.

Last time Smitty was out, Troy was too. I'll be curious to see how it looks with Smitty out but Troy in.

Zigs
10-18-2009, 12:23 PM
I love Smith, but I think we have some players that can step in an make plays, we have no one who can fill Troy's shoes.

Captain Lemming
10-18-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't think it's a gain anytime you lose a starter but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a loss either.

Last time Smitty was out, Troy was too. I'll be curious to see how it looks with Smitty out but Troy in.

It is funny that people forget this when people say Smith is the underrated MVP of our defense.
I agree he is underrated, but the defense that stuggled when Smith was out was also missing Troy.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-19-2009, 10:57 AM
[quote="stlrz d":2dcz066o]I don't think it's a gain anytime you lose a starter but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a loss either.

It is funny that people forget this when people say Smith is the underrated MVP of our defense.
I agree he is underrated, but the defense that stuggled when Smith was out was also missing Troy.[/quote:2dcz066o]

When? In '07?

We were missing Clark and Smith, not Troy and Smith.

proudpittsburgher
10-19-2009, 11:10 AM
I think this could be a scenario of getting Troy back makes it a net gain, ONLY IF he is 100 percent. He didn't look it yesterday.