PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cribbs Out of Cleveland?

phillyesq
10-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Interesting rumor from PFT. The rumor is that Cribbs may be on his way out of Cleveland, going to Miami, with speculation that Ted Ginn would be involved in the deal. Cribbs is one of the few remaining players on the Browns with any talent, so I only see this as a positive.

Rumors fly of Josh Cribbs to Miami
Posted by Mike Florio on October 15, 2009 4:20 PM ET

Carlos "Big C" Holmes of the Dayton Daily News reports, citing an unnamed source, that the Dolphins are "showing interest" in trading for receiver/punt returner Josh Cribbs.

Cribbs has wanted a new contract for weeks and, despite some huffing and puffing about a holdout or a walkout, Cribbs has continued to honor his deal, despite a firm belief that owner Randy Lerner promised last December to adjust a contract that Cribbs has outperformed.

But Holmes omits one key factor regarding the team supposedly interested in Cribbs: Why would the Dolphins want him?

They shouldn't, unless Ohio native Ted Ginn would be moving from Miami to Cleveland.

The question then becomes whether Cribbs for Ginn would be a straight up deal, or whether a pick would have to be added on either side in order to even it out.

It's an interesting question, and we'll yield the remainder of our time to PFT Planet on a topic that, unlike the recent subject of sharp debate in the comments section of the site, actually relates to the game.

Sugar
10-15-2009, 05:07 PM
As a Steeler fan, I'd be very happy with that trade. :brownssuck

Mel Blount's G
10-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Winslow, Edwards now Cribbs. Who actually wants to play for C-leave-land?

Btw, on the topic of the stains, and guys worth a spit on their "team", has anyone heard or noticed if their 1st round center Alex Mack has lived up to all the hype many of us here were giving him? Is he so good or....?

RuthlessBurgher
10-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Winslow, Edwards now Cribbs. Who actually wants to play for C-leave-land?

Btw, on the topic of the stains, and guys worth a spit on their "team", has anyone heard or noticed if their 1st round center Alex Mack has lived up to all the hype many of us here were giving him? Is he so good or....?

We'll find out in a few days when he has a Big Ol' Snack lined up across from him. :o

frankthetank1
10-17-2009, 11:37 AM
that would be a pretty bad trade for the stains. hard to believe ginn was a high first round pick a few years ago.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-17-2009, 08:34 PM
that would be a pretty bad trade for the stains. hard to believe ginn was a high first round pick a few years ago.

And we are miffed at the late 2nd rounder spent on Sweed.

stlrz d
10-17-2009, 10:20 PM

Not all of us. Some of us aren't so quick to panic and give up on a guy. :)

fordfixer
10-18-2009, 02:32 AM
[quote=frankthetank1]that would be a pretty bad trade for the stains. hard to believe ginn was a high first round pick a few years ago.

Not all of us. Some of us aren't so quick to panic and give up on a guy. :)[/quote:19qaa8w6]
:tt1

buckeyehoppy
10-18-2009, 03:13 AM
I think the Clowns are amassing second round picks for their real future plan: trading up to the number 1 overall pick in 2011 to draft Terrelle Pryor.

Let's face it: the move would make sense in the world of the Clowns...and would work out about as well as Pryor is working out at tOSU right now.

Sounds like Cribbs for Ginn and a 2nd Rounder...and a huge belly laugh from the Steeler Nation for getting fooled again.

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2009, 04:13 PM

I recall a screen pass in which the RB was right behind Mack with only one guy between him and the first down marker. Unfortunately for Mack (and the RB), that one man was James Harrison. Needless to say, Mack was unable to block Harrison one-on-one in space, and the RB did not get the first down.

Wolfhound45
10-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I could only hope that Cribbs is on his way to any other team in the NFL outside of the AFC North. That guy drives me crazy every time we play the Clowns. We need to tackle him coming out of the tunnel!

:x

phillyesq
10-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I could only hope that Cribbs is on his way to any other team in the NFL outside of the AFC North. That guy drives me crazy every time we play the Clowns. We need to tackle him coming out of the tunnel!

The deadline came and went, and he is still a Brown. Looks like the rumor had no teeth. Too bad -- he is one of the few talented players left on that roster.

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2009, 08:07 PM

The deadline came and went, and he is still a Brown. Looks like the rumor had no teeth. Too bad -- he is one of the few talented players left on that roster.

Yeah...Cribbs, Joe Thomas, Shaun Rogers, and D'Qwell Jackson (who was placed on I.R. after the Steeler game)

JTP53609
10-21-2009, 09:10 AM

i bet it was the same reporter who reported that big snack was on the trading block...

proudpittsburgher
10-21-2009, 09:22 AM

He's like Eric Metcalf reincarnated. Can anyone else tell me why the Browns went away from the only thing that was working for them, the wildcat, in the second half? Oh, that's right, Mangini is the coach.

phillyesq
10-21-2009, 10:24 AM

Yeah...Cribbs, Joe Thomas, Shaun Rogers, and D'Qwell Jackson (who was placed on I.R. after the Steeler game)

Outside of Cribbs, Thomas and Rogers, and maybe eventually Mack, I can't think of another person on that roster who could start for the Steelers.