PDA

View Full Version : What if Ben Roethlisberger played for the Browns

SteelCrazy
10-15-2009, 09:37 AM
APPittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger walks courtside during halftime of an NBA preseason basketball game between the Boston Celtics and the Cleveland Cavaliers last year.The CantonRep.com plays the what if game when it comes to Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. What if Roethlisberger played for the Steelers?

In the 2004 NFL Draft, the Browns selected Kellen Winslow Jr. with the No. 7 pick instead of Roethlisberger, whose record with the Steelers is 56-23. The Browns have gone 29-56 since Roethlisberger entered the league.

Reporter Steve Doerschuk breaks down the difference between Browns quarterback Derek Anderson and Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger got an amazing Super Bowl-winning catch from Santonio Holmes in February. Anderson was benched last November after a much easier touchdown catch turned into a Braylon Edwards drop.

Roethlisberger plays on a team whose defense is always ranked close to No. 1. Anderson plays on a defense habitually lingering near No. 32.

Roethlisberger has a career completion percentage of 63.4 with a passer rating of 90.5. Anderson has corresponding numbers of 53.9 and 72.1.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-bl ... ws_49.html (http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2009/10/cleveland_browns_morning_news_49.html)

You know its bad in Cleveland when they resort to these type of articles...lol

MeetJoeGreene
10-15-2009, 09:54 AM
This is a classic example of the Irresitable Greatness (Ben) vs. the Immovable Suckage (Cleveland Browns).

My "guess" is that Ben would have made Cleveland better than they have been. He wouldn't, however have made it on par with what he and the Steelers have accomplished and certainly would not have 2 Super Bowls. He may actaully have had better stats.

Scarletfire1970
10-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Is this blogger insinuating that DA is as good as Roethlisberger if he would have had Santonio Holmes and the Steelers defense rather than Braylon Edwards and the Browns defense?

Really?

My guess is the Browns would have success with Ben because Ben is a winner.

rpmpit
10-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Dumb question here :?

Even with the games Ben has missed due to injury, also considering the post season games Ben has played in that Cleveland hasn't, is it possible that Cleveland has played 6 more games than Ben has since he's been in the league? Sorry for the run-on sentence.

ghettoscott
10-15-2009, 10:18 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zGTe5MsCVYc/RlJnGR8ENmI/AAAAAAAAANI/GdoS6KrhR6s/s320/Sporting+News+Cover.bmp

JTP53609
10-15-2009, 10:43 AM
so is he trying to compare the similarites between big ben and andereson....bc that third point is pretty bad if he is, the qb rating haha....

RuthlessBurgher
10-15-2009, 10:44 AM
If Ben Roethlisberger played for the Browns, he would not have gone 2-17 for 22 yards vs. the Bills. :wink:

stlrz d
10-15-2009, 11:14 AM
If Ben Roethlisberger played for the Browns, he would not have gone 2-17 for 22 yards vs. the Bills. :wink:

Wasn't it 23? You trying to short DA a yard? :lol:

JTP53609
10-15-2009, 11:22 AM
if he got drafted by the browns than we would definetly be comparing him to elway bc he would of refused to go to cleveland haha...

Djfan
10-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Dumb question here :?

Even with the games Ben has missed due to injury, also considering the post season games Ben has played in that Cleveland hasn't, is it possible that Cleveland has played 6 more games than Ben has since he's been in the league? Sorry for the run-on sentence.

I noticed that too. Even the press sucks there.

drprwnap
10-15-2009, 11:30 AM
APPittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger walks courtside during halftime of an NBA preseason basketball game between the Boston Celtics and the Cleveland Cavaliers last year.The CantonRep.com plays the what if game when it comes to Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. What if Roethlisberger played for the Steelers?

In the 2004 NFL Draft, the Browns selected Kellen Winslow Jr. with the No. 7 pick instead of Roethlisberger, whose record with the Steelers is 56-23. The Browns have gone 29-56 since Roethlisberger entered the league.

Reporter Steve Doerschuk breaks down the difference between Browns quarterback Derek Anderson and Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger got an amazing Super Bowl-winning catch from Santonio Holmes in February. Anderson was benched last November after a much easier touchdown catch turned into a Braylon Edwards drop.

Roethlisberger plays on a team whose defense is always ranked close to No. 1. Anderson plays on a defense habitually lingering near No. 32.

Roethlisberger has a career completion percentage of 63.4 with a passer rating of 90.5. Anderson has corresponding numbers of 53.9 and 72.1.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-bl ... ws_49.html (http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2009/10/cleveland_browns_morning_news_49.html)

You know its bad in Cleveland when they resort to these type of articles...lol\

The Browns are such losers that they would have f##ked up Big Ben. Look what they did to Tim Couch (and NO, I'm not comparing him to Ben). First round draft pick, didn't last 5 years, did he??? Granted he may not have been as good as some may have thought, but was he that bad or was it the team he was on?? The entire organization sucks from the top down.
:brownssuck

frankthetank1
10-15-2009, 11:31 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zGTe5MsCVYc/RlJnGR8ENmI/AAAAAAAAANI/GdoS6KrhR6s/s320/Sporting+News+Cover.bmp

oh god why did you have to post that????

Jooser
10-15-2009, 12:42 PM
...yeah, and what if I woke tomorrow a black woman??!!??!! :D

didn't happen, I'm still the ol' white Jooser man. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-15-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't know what he would have done for the Browns but the Steelers would still be on 4!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
10-15-2009, 12:51 PM

It could happen. After all, Michael Jackson did morph into an old white woman. :P

Mel Blount's G
10-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Brown's future will always be nothing more than a bunch of "what if's".

Doesn't matter how many number 1 picks the poopstains get or who they are, the browns will always suck. Deposit that fact in the bank and let it accumulate interest.

Oh, and of course it doesn't matter but, the browns had their chance at a "franchise" qb this year but passed on Dirty Sanchez

Jooser
10-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Brown's future will always be nothing more than a bunch of "what if's".

Doesn't matter how many number 1 picks the poopstains get or who they are, the browns will always suck. Deposit that fact in the bank and let it accumulate interest.

Oh, and of course it doesn't matter but, the browns had their chance at a "franchise" qb this year but passed on Dirty Sanchez

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/m_a550278d069c4286b0edd0ba10020c1f.gif :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

stlrz d
10-15-2009, 01:01 PM

Damn, I've always wanted to try a little brown sugar. :lol:

Jooser
10-15-2009, 01:12 PM

Damn, I've always wanted to try a little brown sugar. :lol:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r94/lkddav/vomit.jpg

I love you D, but RALPH!!!!!!!!!

Jooser
10-15-2009, 01:13 PM
But let me introduce you to Prison Mike. :D

stlrz d
10-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Dude, you did say black WOMAN. :lol:

Jooser
10-15-2009, 01:45 PM
You're in WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY to far in this fantsy D.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/Jrichardson39/gay.jpg

Besides, I'm just not that cute... gay, white, black, yellow, man, woman...or WTF.... :shock:

Sugar
10-15-2009, 05:04 PM
It's hard to know for sure of course, but I think BB would have made them a little better. He has a drive to win and would be the darling of the city of Cleveland for his ability to will them to 8-8 and 9-7 type seasons. He would have torched the Steelers secondary enough to get at least 3 wins against them in his time in the league.

Uncle Rico
10-15-2009, 06:31 PM
"I don't wanna hear bout no muthaf***in ifs!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4UeHWPeOrA

ghettoscott
10-15-2009, 07:54 PM

oh god why did you have to post that????

my bad man, thought i had typed some text. I am a Spurs fan and have a copy of that issue. The headline "what happens when the draft goes very very wrong" made me think of this thread. I imagine this is what brown fan thinks when they see Ben and his success and imagine what could have been...

Mel Blount's G
10-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Remember, the browns stole the guy a whole helluva a lot o' steeler fans wanted this year: Center Alex Mack. The Sh!tties had a chance at a potential franchise qb to take them outta perpetual loserville in Mark Sanchez but nooooo, Mangina (who has turned out to be the most overrated coach ever imo) decided to pass that qb onto his ol' team and reach for a center, which in turn bumped Eric Wood, the center our organization was really after, farther up in the draft order (taken by bills) and therefore putting top tier centers out of reach for us (we apparently tried to package something to move up in the 2nd round for Max Unger but nobody would bite on anything we offered). Guess Mangina figured that a center would make Derek Anderson the qb that nobody 'cept a select few in poopytown think he can be. Good luck wit dat Mr. Male Vag and the C-leave-land pwn3d's!!

snarky
10-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Ben is 62-24 including the playoffs and the games so far this season. Without playoffs he is 54-22.

I think usually, playoffs are omitted because the quality of competition in the playoffs is obviously higher and it becomes an apples/oranges thing. But Ben has a winning percentage in the playoffs of 0.800.

fordfixer
10-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Then they would suck with a better quarterback :brownssuck

SteelCzar76
10-17-2009, 01:39 PM
What if Ben Roethlisberger played for the Browns

He'd have no Superbowl rings, and those whom have some concept of reality wouldn't have to hear the "he's the greatest" nonsense from a particular demographic of the Steeler Nation that greatly exaggerate his ability in respect to that of his peers. LOL

Scarletfire1970
10-17-2009, 01:44 PM

He'd have no Superbowl rings, and those whom have some concept reality wouldn't have to hear the "he's the greatest" nonsense from a particular demographic of the Steeler Nation that greatly exaggerate his ability in respect to that of his peers. LOL
I disagree. They would be a much better team. Browns lack a good QB. They played well the one year that DA played over his head.

stlrz d
10-17-2009, 01:48 PM

He'd have no Superbowl rings, and those whom have some concept reality wouldn't have to hear the "he's the greatest" nonsense from a particular demographic of the Steeler Nation that greatly exaggerate his ability in respect to that of his peers. LOL

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FKX/0YTK/FB7FYD1U/FKX0YTKFB7FYD1U.MEDIUM.gif

The only thing I agree with is the no rings part. Not sure how much more Ben has to do to prove that he's an ultimate competitor and a winner.

I'm just glad we're only imagining him as a Brown and not experiencing it.

:tt2

SteelCzar76
10-17-2009, 02:00 PM

I disagree. They would be a much better team. Browns lack a good QB. They played well the one year that DA played over his head.

I don't know fire,....the Clowns have not put together any units since their return to the league that had enough talent to carry him (Roethlisberger) the way the group of men that coach Cowher assembled has in my opinion.

PSU_dropout43
10-17-2009, 02:50 PM

:lol: :lol:

Scarletfire1970
10-17-2009, 04:38 PM

I don't know fire,....the Clowns have not put together any units since their return to the league that had enough talent to carry him (Roethlisberger) the way the group of men that coach Cowher assembled has in my opinion.
Carried him? lol. You are joking right? I guess the teams prior to Ben didn't like the QB enough to "carry" them to two SB wins. They didn't like the QBs enough to carry them through the AFCC game let alone the SB.

stlrz d
10-17-2009, 10:15 PM

Carried him? lol. You are joking right? I guess the teams prior to Ben didn't like the QB enough to "carry" them to two SB wins. They didn't like the QBs enough to carry them through the AFCC game let alone the SB.

You're wasting your time with him Scarlet. He's one of those guys Colin Cowherd refers to as a "don't get it" guy with regards to Ben. "Don't get it" guys simply don't get the greatness that is Ben even though they are witnessing it with their own eyes.

Scarletfire1970
10-17-2009, 10:46 PM
I wonder if he is teeceemadison from the other board.

stlrz d
10-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I wonder if he is teeceemadison from the other board.

Possible...but teeceemadison used to just go OFF on how much he hated Ben. I think teecee went to HS with Ben and Ben stole his girl.

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM

Yeah, he only has two rings and is currently leading the league in passing. He sucks. Cowher's draft picks are carrying him. That's funny.

stlrz d
10-19-2009, 08:53 PM

Yeah, he only has two rings and is currently leading the league in passing. He sucks. Cowher's draft picks are carrying him. That's funny.

:lol:

JTP53609
10-20-2009, 10:15 AM
i wonder if he would still have a perfect record in cleveland????? im gonna go on a limb and say negative

ikestops85
10-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I loved the way Cleveland described Big Ben. "He's not just a QB ... He's a football player who plays QB". He's not always pretty, he's not always perfect ... he just manages to play winning football. Keep your Manning, Brady and Brees. We have Ben.

:Cheers