PDA

View Full Version : Which Steelers are Pro Bowl worthy at this point in the year

RuthlessBurgher
10-14-2009, 11:31 AM
If you look at stats so far, who are the Steelers that are Pro Bowl worthy based upon their performance in the first 5 weeks?

Ben (1st in the NFL in completion percentage, 2nd in passing yards, 4th in yards per attempt)

Hines (2nd in the NFL among WR's in catches, 3rd in receiving yardage)

Heath (2nd in the NFL among TE's in catches, 2nd in TD catches)

Harrison (2nd in the NFL among LB's in sacks, 1st in forced fumbles)

Anyone else that you feel is deserving right now?

Oviedo
10-14-2009, 11:41 AM
If you look at stats so far, who are the Steelers that are Pro Bowl worthy based upon their performance in the first 5 weeks?

Ben (1st in the NFL in completion percentage, 2nd in passing yards, 4th in yards per attempt)

I'd add Ike Taylor. May not have the stats but the guy gets the toughest assignments every week and he is money.

Possibly Sepulveda. Seems everything he kicks is inside the 20.

stlrz d
10-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Kemo is having a pretty good season.

Don't laugh!

JTP53609
10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
i agree with all the names from above, aaron smith was on his way to getting shafted again....

papillon
10-14-2009, 01:25 PM

Not Harrison, he's feasted on the weak teams the past two weeks. Not consistent enough at this time.

Pappy

flippy
10-14-2009, 03:15 PM
starks and kemo

jj28west
10-14-2009, 03:26 PM

I'd add Ike Taylor. May not have the stats but the guy gets the toughest assignments every week and he is money.

Possibly Sepulveda. Seems everything he kicks is inside the 20.

My votes are Harrison, Taylor & Sep.

The cushion that Ike gives up is more scheme then his lack of ability to man up (minus Fitz)

I think I can recall one TD he gave up which seemed more of a communication Breakdown with him & Mundy when Troy got hurt.

RuthlessBurgher
10-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Sepulveda has been a vast improvement over Berger and Ernster...no doubt. But since Shane Lechler is still on the Raiders, he will be the AFC punter in the Pro Bowl for sure.

flippy
10-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Sepulveda has been a vast improvement over Berger and Ernster...no doubt. But since Shane Lechler is still on the Raiders, he will be the AFC punter in the Pro Bowl for sure.

How bout the dude from SD?

pfelix73
10-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Yea, Ike is $ until you jinx him. Still not convinced he is one of the league's elite.

:tt1

pfelix73
10-14-2009, 07:06 PM
I'll say at this point, just #7.

:tt1

RuthlessBurgher
10-14-2009, 08:37 PM

Scifres is a good punter, as is Moorman in Buffalo and Hentrich in Tennessee. But I still think that Lechler is the class of the AFC. He's the Raiders' second best player behind Asomugha. Seriously.

Captain Lemming
10-15-2009, 01:42 AM
He could average 30 yards a punt and lead the league in total punt yardage. :D

Actually I know he is very good.....with so many opportunities to "develop his skills" it is no surprise he is so good :wink:

Scifres is a good punter, as is Moorman in Buffalo and Hentrich in Tennessee. But I still think that Lechler is the class of the AFC. He's the Raiders' second best player behind Asomugha. Seriously.