PDA

View Full Version : Hood, Mendenhall, and Polamalu

Uncle Rico
10-14-2009, 08:33 AM
If those three guys all end up starting against the Browns that would mean that 8 out of our last 9 first round draft picks would all be on the field Sunday. Not too shabby when compared to a lot of other teams in the league. (sorry Kendall Simmons)

Oviedo
10-14-2009, 08:37 AM
I understand the point you make but I doubt that Hood starts.

I kinda also think, and hope, that Troy doesn't start becaue I think we can give him another week to get better.

calmkiller
10-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Or we could just hold him out all year so hes ready for next year. If hes ready to play, play him.

fezziwig
10-14-2009, 09:19 AM
What are the chances of Troy wanting back too early ? Do you think Troy will jump the gun before he feels he is not healthy enough, just to play ?

JTP53609
10-14-2009, 09:48 AM
i think troy needs to play a few snaps this week just to catch back up to things, we need him next wk for the vikings....

RussBII
10-14-2009, 09:54 AM
i think troy needs to play a few snaps this week just to catch back up to things, we need him next wk for the vikings....

Correct. Just let him get back into the speed of things (his speed, preferably).

bostonsteeler
10-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Wow, we have to go back to '96 before we see a real first round bust.
Even Edwards lasted briefly -- long enough to cost us a trip to the superbowl :-(

aggiebones
10-14-2009, 11:04 AM
I was hoping he played 50% of his normal plays last week and up it to about 75% this week before the 2 weeks off to recover some more. But playing this week will give him some nice recovery time cause it will swell and be irritated whenever he comes back.

RuthlessBurgher
10-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I was hoping he played 50% of his normal plays last week and up it to about 75% this week before the 2 weeks off to recover some more. But playing this week will give him some nice recovery time cause it will swell and be irritated whenever he comes back.

The bye week isn't after this game. We still have Minnesota between Cleveland and the bye.

Shoe
10-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Or we could just hold him out all year so hes ready for next year. If hes ready to play, play him.

:Agree

fezziwig, I don't think Troy's the type to rush (too early) to get back. I think he plays when he feels he is ready. Honestly, he hasn't shown that "I'll die before I miss a game" mentality (which I'm not dogging; I'm just saying)

And as stated, I want him to have some game-time before he has to chase down AP & company next week.

(Oh yeah, and... interesting thread.)

fezziwig
10-14-2009, 05:06 PM

:Agree

fezziwig, I don't think Troy's the type to rush (too early) to get back. I think he plays when he feels he is ready. Honestly, he hasn't shown that "I'll die before I miss a game" mentality (which I'm not dogging; I'm just saying)

And as stated, I want him to have some game-time before he has to chase down AP & company next week.

(Oh yeah, and... interesting thread.)

Good deduction. I do like the idea of Troy getting some contact in prior to the bye week. It has been one bye week after another for troy in a way. I think more mentally it will help a guy like Troy than physically. Just the whole mindset of it all.

Look how well he did the first game.

NWNewell
10-14-2009, 05:59 PM

Agreed.... Letting him play 10-20 snaps to get back in a grove before we face Minnesota wouldn't be a bad thing. Provided he truly is healthy enough.

Flasteel
10-14-2009, 06:08 PM
If those three guys all end up starting against the Browns that would mean that 8 out of our last 9 first round draft picks would all be on the field Sunday. Not too shabby when compared to a lot of other teams in the league. (sorry Kendall Simmons)

How'd we get Plax out of jail? Has Troy Edwards been picked up? Just bustin' balls but the point is well taken. Hood doesn't have to start to see the field either, so as long as Polamalu comes back we'll have our full compliment of #1 picks