PDA

View Full Version : First Steelers home game for me...ever!

NC Steeler Fan
10-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Yep, despite my 45 years on this planet, I have never been to a Steelers
home game, but I will be there this weekend!!!! :tt1

Me and a girlfriend are driving up on Friday and shopping for Steeler gear and taking
in the sights of Pittsburgh on Saturday. Sunday will then be my first ever trip to the
motherland and I can tell you I WILL be kneeling down to kiss the ground when
I finally do get inside that stadium!!! :Bow :lol:

My Steeler godfather in da burgh got us tickets as an early Christmas present, and I
don't even know where the seats are yet...but I don't care! :tt2 Any pointers on how early
before the game we need to be inside so we can go see the SIX Super Bowl trophies and
other items of Steeler glory would be appreciated.

Anyways, if you see a blonde lady in a Steeler hat and jersey on TV holding up an:

"NC loves the Steelers!" sign, that would be me! :tt1

SteelerNation1
10-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Congrats NC. Soak it all in and may you never wash your eyes again! :tt2

proudpittsburgher
10-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Congrats, brother, congrats. Honestly, I have only been to preseason tilts at Heinz Field. I went to a crap-ton of games at three rivers (aunt used to be a nanny for the rooneys when I was little), but no- regular season games at Heinz.

JTP53609
10-13-2009, 11:12 AM
should be fun, i remember my first game, my dad took me to see the steelers beat the browns 17-7 at 3 rivers in 1994, it was in style too, private box, i remember being amazed at how nice it was.....

NW Steeler
10-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Congrats! My wife and I went last year for the first time ever as well, all the way from Washington state. It was a gift from my boss for our wedding. The coolest trip I ever took. I actually had to fight off the tears when we walked through the gates into the stadium. We were invited to a tailgate party, but since we had never been, we waited at the gates and went into the stadium when it opened. I knew the tailgating would be good when I got up that Sunday morning and at 7:30 two guys were sitting out in the parking lot drinking beer! We stayed at the Marriot right next to PNC park. Maybe next time I will partake in the tailgating, but I had to take in everything in the stadium. The walk of fame, the giant trophies, all of the banners...just a cool experience. Take it all in and enjoy! I can't wait to go again!

:Cheers

Jooser
10-13-2009, 11:15 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m66/jaymz696969/img014.jpg

proudpittsburgher
10-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Congrats! My wife and I went last year for the first time ever as well, all the way from Washington state. It was a gift from my boss for our wedding. The coolest trip I ever took. I actually had to fight off the tears when we walked through the gates into the stadium. We were invited to a tailgate party, but since we had never been, we waited at the gates and went into the stadium when it opened. I knew the tailgating would be good when I got up that Sunday morning and at 7:30 two guys were sitting out in the parking lot drinking beer! We stayed at the Marriot right next to PNC park. Maybe next time I will partake in the tailgating, but I had to take in everything in the stadium. The walk of fame, the giant trophies, all of the banners...just a cool experience. Take it all in and enjoy! I can't wait to go again!

:Cheers

Pretty cool story, NW. And do you have any job openings at your shop. Sounds like you have a pretty cool boss. :Bow

flippy
10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Heinz Field is awesome.

I still remember my first preseason game at HF like it was yesterday.

It was a stormy night and the game was delayed.

The clouds and sky were so surreal that they cast a reddish/orange hue over the city making it look like I was in a real life cartoon. I knew God was smiling down on me in that moment. I imagine the day I die will feel similar.

My favorite part of the night is when everyone had to come in from the seating due to lightning. I snuck back out in the rain and had the whole stadium to myself for what seemed like an eternity.

I felt like the king of the world that night in that moment. For a brief stint, HF was all mine.

I hope you have a great time....

JTP53609
10-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Heinz Field is awesome.

The clouds and sky were so surreal that they cast a reddish/orange hue over the city making it look like I was in a real life cartoon. I knew God was smiling down on me in that moment. I imagine the day I die will feel similar.

My favorite part of the night is when everyone had to come in from the seating due to lightning. I snuck back out in the rain and had the whole stadium to myself for what seemed like an eternity.

I felt like the king of the world that night in that moment. For a brief stint, HF was all mine.

was that the miami preseason game in 05

MeetJoeGreene
10-13-2009, 12:05 PM
That is awesome..

Do you need a list of things to do while in the Burgh or have you been there before?

Are you staying in the City or burbs?

SN1 can tell you tips for what time to get in and how to spot players,etc.

proudpittsburgher
10-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Heinz Field is awesome.

Was that a game against Philly? Can't remember the year. But I remember it was some kind of anniversary for the Steagles, or something. I remember the storm, though. I was on the 50 for that game.

JTP53609
10-13-2009, 12:15 PM
it is a must for you to have a primantis n' at...

Mister Pittsburgh
10-13-2009, 12:22 PM
I must be spoiled. My first game at Heinz Field was in its inaugural season. My buddy took me to the Steelers vs. Titans Monday night game. We killed them and being there at night was just surreal. Loved it.

Have been to dozens of games now, but that one will always be remembered as my first :Beer

JTP53609
10-13-2009, 12:27 PM
I must be spoiled. My first game at Heinz Field was in its inaugural season. My buddy took me to the Steelers vs. Titans Monday night game. We killed them and being there at night was just surreal. Loved it.

Have been to dozens of games now, but that one will always be remembered as my first :Beer

i rememeber that game, plaxico had his coming out party and we destroyed them, that was nice....

SteelerNation1
10-13-2009, 12:34 PM
My first game was in '85 vs. the Chiefs. They blocked a punt for a TD IIRC. The Steelers lost that game. :cry:

RuthlessBurgher
10-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Congrats, brother, congrats. Honestly, I have only been to preseason tilts at Heinz Field. I went to a crap-ton of games at three rivers (aunt used to be a nanny for the rooneys when I was little), but no- regular season games at Heinz.

Ahem...that should be Congrats, sister, congrats. :nono

NC, where are your seats? It would be nice to drop by and meet a truly die-hard Steeler gal. I'm all the way up in the bleachers of 525, FF, 25-26, by the way.

This will be my son's first regular season game at Heinz as well. He's 8 now, and I did take him to a pre-season game when he was 2, but he doesn't remember that. I also found some tickets on eBay to the Pens game against the Lightning the night before, so it will also be his first visit to the Igloo (in its last season in existance). We take him to see the W-B/S Penguins in Wilkes-Barre all the time, so this should be a great weekend experience!

Hey, SN1...since I won't be bogged down with the 5 hour drive on Sunday morning this weekend (since we are coming out on Saturday for the Pens game and staying at a hotel in Pittsburgh), would you mind it if I crashed your tailgate for the second game in a row? This time it will be with my son instead of my father, though. I know he'd have a blast if he could play some Steeler cornhole with his old man for a while (I don't think he'll be gambling on the results of the match, though), and maybe tossing around that football that you had in your truck for a bit. For these standard 1:00 games, at what time do you typically arrive at the Mercy lot and at what time do you typically break down and head into Heinz? Sorry to be so forward about it...I know that it's not polite to invite onesself...but since you have always been so accommodating of your PlanetSteeler brethren, I figured that it would be okay to ask. If not, though, I'd completely understand. I'll also be happy to contribute anything to the tailgate that you might want. Let me know. Thanks, man.

AngryAsian
10-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Congrats, NC. Its an awesome experience visiting Mecca. First time I went brought tears to my slanted eye and every time I have gone, the Steelers have won. This past weekend, my flight roundtrip from Florida and one night's stay at a nice hotel near the Pittsburgh Airport, plus my ticket... cost just under 300 dollars. With those prices, I'm thinking of going twice a year now to home games. Its well worth the travel. The hospitality of home fans and to be around a sea of Black and Gold, then to hear Renegade.... practically a religious experience. Have a great time.

Jigawatts
10-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Heinz Field is awesome.

I was going to ask that same question. All I remember is lighting and the dolphins turning the
ball over about 12 times. I also remember some know-it-all kid behind me talking the whole
game about how stupid Troy is and how he'll never learn the scheme. :shock:

Almost forgot to say... have a great time NC. :tt1

AngryAsian
10-13-2009, 12:42 PM

NC, where are your seats? It would be nice to drop by and meet a truly die-hard Steeler gal. I'm all the way up in the bleachers of 525, FF, 25-26, by the way.

This will be my son's first regular season game at Heinz as well. He's 8 now, and I did take him to a pre-season game when he was 2, but he doesn't remember that. I also found some tickets on eBay to the Pens game against the Lightning the night before, so it will also be his first visit to the Igloo (in its last season in existance). We take him to see the W-B/S Penguins in Wilkes-Barre all the time, so this should be a great weekend experience!

Hey, SN1...since I won't be bogged down with the 5 hour drive on Sunday morning this weekend (since we are coming out on Saturday for the Pens game and staying at a hotel in Pittsburgh), would you mind it if I crashed your tailgate for the second game in a row? This time it will be with my son instead of my father, though. I know he'd have a blast if he could play some Steeler cornhole with his old man for a while (I don't think he'll be gambling on the results of the match, though), and maybe tossing around that football that you had in your truck for a bit. For these standard 1:00 games, at what time do you typically arrive at the Mercy lot and at what time do you typically break down and head into Heinz? Sorry to be so forward about it...I know that it's not polite to invite onesself...but since you have always been so accommodating of your PlanetSteeler brethren, I figured that it would be okay to ask. If not, though, I'd completely understand. I'll also be happy to contribute anything to the tailgate that you might want. Let me know. Thanks, man.

Ruthless, I'm glad you decided to bring your son. I know you were on the fence about it. BTW, tell papa Ruthless that I spoke with my buddy and the parking spot for the day during Bike Week is all good. GIve him my digits and I'll give him details on where this spot is. Its a 2 min. walk from all the festivities. Have a great time with your son.

RuthlessBurgher
10-13-2009, 12:45 PM

Ruthless, I'm glad you decided to bring your son. I know you were on the fence about it. BTW, tell papa Ruthless that I spoke with my buddy and the parking spot for the day during Bike Week is all good. GIve him my digits and I'll give him details on where this spot is. Its a 2 min. walk from all the festivities. Have a great time with your son.

Cool...I'll pass on the info about Daytona in February.

proudpittsburgher
10-13-2009, 12:48 PM

Ahhh, my sincere appologies, sister. :tt2

SteelerNation1
10-13-2009, 12:51 PM
RB,
you don't EVER to "ask" to come to my tailgate. Just show up (give me a $20) and we're all good. :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, come on by. We will be in the lot around 7 or 7:30. Maybe earlier if I can sneak out. :oops: We will head into the game around 11:00 or 11:15. Please don't bring anything to eat or drink. We'll have snack foods, but probably not too much else for this game. See you guys on Sunday!

RuthlessBurgher
10-13-2009, 01:02 PM
RB,
you don't EVER to "ask" to come to my tailgate. Just show up (give me a $20) and we're all good. :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, come on by. We will be in the lot around 7 or 7:30. Maybe earlier if I can sneak out. :oops: We will head into the game around 11:00 or 11:15. Please don't bring anything to eat or drink. We'll have snack foods, but probably not too much else for this game. See you guys on Sunday!

Sounds great, man! I don't think we'll make it over during the 7:00 hour like you do (perhaps more like 9:30 or 10:00 or so because we probably won't get to the hotel until it's pretty late following the Pens game), spend an hour or so with you guys, then take him inside to soak in the Great Hall, etc. I know he'll think that tailgating beforehand is cooler than just going right into the stadium. See you Sunday!

papillon
10-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Of course, SN1 being a gentleman and all will of course, invite you to his tailgate prior to the gamer to visit with his peeps. I know he'll do it, I just know it. :D

Things to do in Pittsburgh on gamer day

I don't know where you're staying, but, Station Square should be on the list and a Gateway Clipper ride to the game and back are in order.

After getting back, take a ride on the incline and be sure to take your camera, so that, you can take some pictures of the city from on top of Mt. Washington.

While you're up there, you frequent one of the finer eateries on Mt. Washington that are more casual in their dress code.

Do some shopping in Station Square for Steeler memorabilia when you get back from Mt. Washington.

Right nerxt to the stadium are Carnegie Science Center and a sports training center where you can race against world class sprinters, virtual hang glide, use a trampoline while tethered (so you can try anyhting you like safely), check the speed of your fast ball and host of other activities.

NC, have a fun and enjoy your visit.

Pappy

pfelix73
10-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Shows you how well I pay attention- I thought this game was in Cleveland until now.

Hey Ruthless, a couple of us will be out for the Minn. game and we're in 526 KK. Is KK the very top row?

Where do you all tailgate? By the looks of things a lot of parking seems to have been taken away right out side of the Carnegie Science Center. True?

:tt1

RuthlessBurgher
10-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Of course, SN1 being a gentleman and all will of course, invite you to his tailgate prior to the gamer to visit with his peeps. I know he'll do it, I just know it. :D

Things to do in Pittsburgh on gamer day

I don't know where you're staying, but, Station Square should be on the list and a Gateway Clipper ride to the game and back are in order.

After getting back, take a ride on the incline and be sure to take your camera, so that, you can take some pictures of the city from on top of Mt. Washington.

While you're up there, you frequent one of the finer eateries on Mt. Washington that are more casual in their dress code.

Do some shopping in Station Square for Steeler memorabilia when you get back from Mt. Washington.

Right nerxt to the stadium are Carnegie Science Center and a sports training center where you can race against world class sprinters, virtual hang glide, use a trampoline while tethered (so you can try anyhting you like safely), check the speed of your fast ball and host of other activities.

NC, have a fun and enjoy your visit.

Pappy

The Carnegie Science Center is closed on Steeler gamedays and the SportsWorks thing that is next to it is in the process of being renovated. Originally, it was supposed to be ready this fall, but I believe the timeline has been pushed back to this winter.

But everything else that Pappy suggested is spot on. For your first trip to Heinz, you definitely should park at Station Square, take the Gateway Clipper boat ride to Gate A at Heinz, walk over to the SN1 tailgate on Reedsdale and Fontella (in the Mercy Behavioral Health lot across the street from the new Rivers Casino), get to the stadium early so that you can take plenty of pictures in the Great Hall, then after the game you can shop at Hometowne Sports when you get back to Station Square, and perhaps eat at the Melting Pot if you like fondue (I've never eaten up on Mount Washington, so I cannot comment on the restaurants up there). And if it is your first time in the city, don't forget to enter the city through the Fort Pitt Tunnel, so the skyline explodes in front of you as soon as you exit the tunnel. You'll love it.

fordfixer
10-13-2009, 10:24 PM
And don't forget the Steelers stay at the (down town) Hilton the night before the game. If you wanted to try to get some autographs

stlrz d
10-13-2009, 10:31 PM
RB,

No one to man the grill? :D

The Chargers game this season was my first trip to Heinz, NC. I got to go to 3RS once in '98 and that was awesome...and I'm glad I finally made my first trip to Heinz...looking forward to getting back next year!

Perhaps when the single season tix go on sale you can get in on the Planet tailgate for next season?

calmkiller
10-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Nice NC! I got tickets to the Vikings game for my father and mother for their birthdays. I am also taking my GF. It will be her first Steelers Game. She is not a huge football fan yet, but she'll come around. I am excited. Enjoy the experience. Hope the weather is good for you!

RuthlessBurgher
10-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Shows you how well I pay attention- I thought this game was in Cleveland until now.

Hey Ruthless, a couple of us will be out for the Minn. game and we're in 526 KK. Is KK the very top row?

Where do you all tailgate? By the looks of things a lot of parking seems to have been taken away right out side of the Carnegie Science Center. True?

We are in FF, and there are either 5 or 6 rows behind us...I've never actually walked all the way to the top in my 8 years with these seat (that would make either KK or LL be the very last row...so even if you aren't the very last row, you are at best second to last). We are in 525, so you will be one section over from us. Stop by row FF seats 25-26 and say hi to me and my Dad (my son will be with me for the Browns game, but my Dad will be with me for the Minnesota Favres game).

SteelerNation1
10-13-2009, 11:53 PM
2 things:
NC you are more than welcome to stop by the tailgate. Ruthless gave excellent directions a couple of posts up. Secondly, for stlrz d, no there isn't anyone to man the grill, and even I did it, how the hell would I live up to the standard you set two weeks ago?

RuthlessBurgher
10-14-2009, 12:04 AM
2 things:
NC you are more than welcome to stop by the tailgate. Ruthless gave excellent directions a couple of posts up. Secondly, for stlrz d, no there isn't anyone to man the grill, and even I did it, how the hell would I live up to the standard you set two weeks ago?

Yup...just look for the white Ford Escape with the big Steeler flagpole with the helmet on top (unless you are scared that my 8 year old can throw bean-bags better than you).

fordfixer
10-14-2009, 12:04 AM
2 things:

Yup...just look for the white Ford Escape with the big Steeler flagpole with the helmet on top (unless you are scared that my 8 year old can throw bean-bags better than you).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mister Pittsburgh
10-14-2009, 04:23 AM

i rememeber that game, plaxico had his coming out party and we destroyed them, that was nice....

Exactly. Place was rocking and Plax had like 200+yds receiving.

pfelix73
10-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Ruthless- I'll look for you at the Vikings game. As far as tailgating, I didn't realize that SN1 was the one who had the big party, so maybe if it's OK with him, I'll stop by one of these games as well. Probably not for a 1pm game, but the later games, I'd be interested.

I realize it's not cool to invite oneself either, but I'd be OK with giving up that 20 spot towards food and beverages, etc.. :lol:

And since it's Brownies week:

:brownssuck

stlrz d
10-14-2009, 11:22 AM
2 things:

I am available for hire. A plane ticket and game ticket is a reasonable fee.... That would get you my services on the grill, food (I'd even step it up into ribs, steaks and the like) and another crazy, screaming fan to represent the only partially obscured Steeler Nation banner. :D

NC Steeler Fan
10-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Okay, so like, SN1, it's been a frenetic morning at work and all I managed to find regarding directions was the "Mercy lot"?

Can you elaborate specifically on where you guys will be? I still don't know where our
seats are; I just know we'll be there! :wink:

Oh, and if you guys needed some help recognizing me, here's a pic without my
Steeler gear on.

Don't worry, I'll be leaving the long iron at home! :lol:

stlrz d
10-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Okay, so like, SN1, it's been a frenetic morning at work and all I managed to find regarding directions was the "Mercy lot"?

Can you elaborate specifically on where you guys will be? I still don't know where our

Steeler gear on.

It's where Reedsdale becomes Fontella St...or vice versa. :D

Kitty corner from the lot is the Rivers Casino. I asked where the Mercy Behavioral Center was and easily found it from there.

It was so easy even a caveman could find it...even though it took him a long time!

(this is where I would post the pic of RB as a caveman if I had it) :P

RuthlessBurgher
10-14-2009, 01:18 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":2vua3vtw]Okay, so like, SN1, it's been a frenetic morning at work and all I managed to find regarding directions was the "Mercy lot"?

Steeler gear on.

Kitty corner from the lot is the Rivers Casino. I asked where the Mercy Behavioral Center was and easily found it from there.

It was so easy even a caveman could find it...even though it took him a long time!

(this is where I would post the pic of RB as a caveman if I had it) :P[/quote:2vua3vtw]

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0908/captain-caveman-capt-captain-caveman-cavey-teen-angel-hanna-demotivational-poster-1249528488.jpg

SteelerNation1
10-14-2009, 02:27 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":3is3j2ji]Okay, so like, SN1, it's been a frenetic morning at work and all I managed to find regarding directions was the "Mercy lot"?

Steeler gear on.

(this is where I would post the pic of RB as a caveman if I had it) :P[/quote:3is3j2ji]
Yep, what he said! :tt1

RKSteel
10-14-2009, 02:48 PM

Steeler gear on.

NCSF, enjoy the game. I'm taking my 10yr daughter, its her first game too.
Seeing the Steelers play at home can only be described using the immortal words of Jeff Spicoli, "Awesome, Totally Awesome!"

(If I had a picture this is where I'd post it) :D

flippy
10-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Heinz Field is awesome.

Yes

RuthlessBurgher
10-14-2009, 03:16 PM

Steeler gear on.

NCSF, enjoy the game. I'm taking my 10yr daughter, its her first game too.
Seeing the Steelers play at home can only be described using the immortal words of Jeff Spicoli, "Awesome, Totally Awesome!"

(If I had a picture this is where I'd post it) :D

http://www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/05/spicoli-gravestone.jpg

NC Steeler Fan
10-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Okay for those of you who drive up north more than I do...need some travel advice.

In West Virginia is 79 from Morgantown to Charleston to 77 to Beckley a decent interstate for snowy weather? They are callilng for some snow starting maybe tomorrow and into this weekend.

I usually take 19 from Beckley up through Summersville to 79 to Morgantown. However, I'm afraid that the elevation on that route is giving me some concern.

Any help is appreciated!

aggiebones
10-15-2009, 11:23 AM
I've never been either. Dad never wanted to waste money on pros like that, but he loves the Steelers. We moved away to TX when I was 11. I've been to Heinz for the Pitt/A&M game, but will likely not go until my kids are ready to go with me. Only 4.5 and 2 at this point, so maybe in a year or 2. I'm anxious though and have thought about it.
I did go to 3Rivers for baseball games though, so I've at least been in that gone stadium.

NC Steeler Fan
10-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Our seats are: Section 523, row HH, seats 1-3.

I understand that is slightly below cloud level? :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
10-15-2009, 12:20 PM

I'm in 525, row FF, seats 25-26, so I feel your pain. Bring your binoculars! :lol:

stlrz d
10-15-2009, 12:54 PM

Find a spot on the rotunda or in the open EZ where SN1 and his band of degenerates, miscreants and ne'er do wells hang out!

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/sn1.jpg

ps - the guy in the red dangling the baby won't be there...can't speak for the obese dude in the cheerleader outfit though. Oh yeah, and be sure to get SN1 a terrible towel...looks like he needs one!

RuthlessBurgher
10-15-2009, 01:15 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":1xr7a40a]Our seats are: Section 523, row HH, seats 1-3.

Find a spot on the rotunda or in the open EZ where SN1 and his band of degenerates, miscreants and ne'er do wells hang out!

ps - the guy in the red dangling the baby won't be there...can't speak for the obese dude in the cheerleader outfit though. Oh yeah, and be sure to get SN1 a terrible towel...looks like he needs one![/quote:1xr7a40a]

I did the rotunda thing after the Tailgate, which was a blast due to the company, but for this game I'm heading back to my seats. You are far away and high, but it is a good view to watch the play as a whole develop (this is the angle from which the coach's tape is filmed). Plus you have a straight-on view of the Jumbotron with the skyline behind it, which is nice.

However, though, you may not realize that the seats up here are metal benches. My father and I always bring cushions (since you are a deer hunter, NC, you should have good quality padding that you can transfer from your tree stand to your bleacher seats, I would imagine...that's what we bring). You are going to be hip-to-hip and elbow-to-elbow with your neighbors, since Pittsburgh folk tend to be more on the husky side as opposed to the anorexic side.

RKSteel
10-15-2009, 01:22 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":29dvphve]Our seats are: Section 523, row HH, seats 1-3.

ps - the guy in the red dangling the baby won't be there...can't speak for the obese dude in the cheerleader outfit though. Oh yeah, and be sure to get SN1 a terrible towel...looks like he needs one!

I did the rotunda thing after the Tailgate, which was a blast due to the company, but for this game I'm heading back to my seats. You are far away and high, but it is a good view to watch the play as a whole develop (this is the angle from which the coach's tape is filmed). Plus you have a straight-on view of the Jumbotron with the skyline behind it, which is nice.

However, though, you may not realize that the seats up here are metal benches. My father and I always bring cushions (since you are a deer hunter, NC, you should have good quality padding that you can transfer from your tree stand to your bleacher seats, I would imagine...that's what we bring). You are going to be hip-to-hip and elbow-to-elbow with your neighbors, since Pittsburgh folk tend to be more on the husky side as opposed to the anorexic side.[/quote:29dvphve]I'm up in 524 row Z, 15 & 16.
RB you are not kidding about the bleachers. At the game last yr, if was with an adult instead of my daughter, I don't think we would have fit.

stlrz d
10-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Do they allow seat backs?

They offer cushion AND save your seat!

Lambeau is ALL bleachers so I recommend them to anyone who goes to a game there...plus they rent them right at the field...you carry them up to your spot, sit on them all game and leave them...they pick them up after.

RuthlessBurgher
10-15-2009, 01:31 PM

Lambeau is ALL bleachers so I recommend them to anyone who goes to a game there...plus they rent them right at the field...you carry them up to your spot, sit on them all game and leave them...they pick them up after.

There are seatbacks and cupholders, but it is one continuous metal bench, though.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0579/8460/heinz100_feature.jpg

NC Steeler Fan
10-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Wow, this is great information, thanks! :D

Yes, I actually do have seat pads that are made just for such situations
and they are now on the packing list for tonight!

I take it there is a seat chart online...lemmee see if I can dig it up...

stlrz d
10-15-2009, 07:46 PM

There are seatbacks and cupholders, but it is one continuous metal bench, though.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0579/8460/heinz100_feature.jpg

Not what I was talking about...but I wasn't aware that the bleachers at Heinz had permanent backs...that's kind of nice actually.

At Lambeau all that is there for seating is flat, metal benches with no backs. They rent "seat backs" which fold up for easy carrying. When you get to your seat you unfold, hook to the bench and you have a cushion to sit on and a cushioned back...and most importantly it reserves your personal space on the bench. After the game they pick them up so you don't have to return them.

I did a google search to try and post a pic of what I am talking about but the only images are of cheapies that people can buy themselves. The ones they rent are quite sturdy since they are used every week of the season and take a lot of abuse.

SteelerNation1
10-15-2009, 10:06 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":k7e1l838]Our seats are: Section 523, row HH, seats 1-3.

ps - the guy in the red dangling the baby won't be there...can't speak for the obese dude in the cheerleader outfit though. Oh yeah, and be sure to get SN1 a terrible towel...looks like he needs one![/quote:k7e1l838]
Cmon d. You couldve at least given me a terrible towel. Shoot, I'd even had settled for a pink one from the sd game!

stlrz d
10-15-2009, 11:03 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":3ppk75c2]Our seats are: Section 523, row HH, seats 1-3.

Cmon d. You couldve at least given me a terrible towel. Shoot, I'd even had settled for a pink one from the sd game![/quote:3ppk75c2]

:lol:

That was a photoshop someone did back when we were discussing the Steelers playing over seas. I didn't catch the towel until after I added Michael Jackson...but I never changed it because adding Michael, for me, was kind of a PITA.

RuthlessBurgher
10-16-2009, 12:14 AM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":2cbwouob]Our seats are: Section 523, row HH, seats 1-3.

Cmon d. You couldve at least given me a terrible towel. Shoot, I'd even had settled for a pink one from the sd game![/quote:2cbwouob]

You'll always be wielding a Towel in my sig, brother! Even if it is only a handful of pixels...

NC Steeler Fan
10-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Greetings from Pittsburgh!!!! :Boobs :tt2

Spent the day today shopping in the Strip District in "dahntahn". As we entered the first of several amazing "all Steelers gear" stores, my jaw just dropped. All I could do was just stand there in front of aisle after aisle of all sorts of totally cool Steeler stuff. And, the prices were killer! I picked up an official NFL, six-time champions, fully lined wind breaker with amazing graphics for $60.00. For the ladies...one store had a whole wall of nothing but Steelers purses and handbags!!! :Steel :lol:

For those of you who have never been, be prepared to make several trips back to your car with bags of Steelers goodies!! Even the officially licensed products were all very reasonably priced; unlike some of the outlying stores I've been to in Latrobe for training camp. And, everywhere we went there were folks dressed in full Steeler regalia! It was like a pre-game-day tailgate everywhere you looked!

The weather looks like it will hold off for us tomorrow, just cold and cloudy; keep your fingers crossed! No signs of any stains fan yet; although we did pass a few cars on the road up through WV with stains license plates on the back...poor bastages... 8)

Can't wait for the game tomorrow!!!!

HERE WE GO
STEELERS
HERE WE GO! :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

pfelix73
10-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Have fun. Enjoy the atmosphere.

I'll be out for the Vikings game.

papillon
10-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Okay for those of you who drive up north more than I do...need some travel advice.

In West Virginia is 79 from Morgantown to Charleston to 77 to Beckley a decent interstate for snowy weather? They are callilng for some snow starting maybe tomorrow and into this weekend.

I usually take 19 from Beckley up through Summersville to 79 to Morgantown. However, I'm afraid that the elevation on that route is giving me some concern.

Any help is appreciated!

You could always stay on 77 all the way to 70 in Ohio and then go East to 79 into Pittsburgh. Either way you'll be hoping for the road crews to keep the roads clear. I'm sure you know this, but, each state has a phone number that you can call to get weather conditions of the interstates.

Pennsylvania: Conditions & Construction Interstates 814-355-6044 State Police
Ohio: Highway Help - 1-877-7-PATROL (Must be in Ohio to use the phone #)
West Virginia: Current Road Conditions can also be obtained toll-free at 1-(877) WVA-ROAD

The Ohio one is rather worthless to out of state travelers, since, you would like to have the weather information before you get into Ohio, but, it was all I could find.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
10-18-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm in the Burgh as well. I took Jake to the "O" in Oakland for dogs and fries for lunch, then went to the Children's Museum, then to Tessaro's for burgers for dinner, and finally to the Igloo for a 4-1 Pens win. Jake had an awesome day, and there is only more to come tomorrow! :)

NC Steeler Fan
10-18-2009, 07:21 AM
I'm in the Burgh as well. I took Jake to the "O" in Oakland for dogs and fries for lunch, then went to the Children's Museum, then to Tessaro's for burgers for dinner, and finally to the Igloo for a 4-1 Pens win. Jake had an awesome day, and there is only more to come tomorrow! :)

OMG, we ate at Tessaro's yesterday too! :shock: Around 3:00 p.m.

Had the burgers too; what a total coicidence! :lol:

HERE WE GO
STEELERS
HERE WE GO!

RuthlessBurgher
10-18-2009, 09:12 AM

OMG, we ate at Tessaro's yesterday too! :shock: Around 3:00 p.m.

Had the burgers too; what a total coicidence! :lol:

HERE WE GO
STEELERS
HERE WE GO!

We were there around 5:30. Good burgers, eh? I couldn't believe my 8 year old ate the whole thing!

fordfixer
10-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Pic's anything? :tt1

stlrz d
10-20-2009, 07:25 AM
Pic's anything? :tt1

I'm thinking she had a bit of traveling to do after the game. Plus when she gets home there are chickens to milk and cows to feed. :D

NC Steeler Fan
10-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh yeah, I've got some good pics; especially for those who've never gone to a game
in da burgh. Wading through a million emails at the moment, but I'll have them up soon.

The wildest thing happend late in the game though. I'm sitting there with my
homegirls during a commercial time-out when this guy walks up from out of the blue and says to me:

"So, I take it you had a good trip up from NC?"

Immediately I'm thinking, "WTF? How does this guy know I'm from NC?" :wft

And, so I said, "How do you know I'm from NC?" :shock:

And, he replied: "Because I'm Ruthlessburger from the board!" 8) :tt1

Geezus, I didn't think anyone would pay attention enough to my ramblings to note where our seats were! :lol:

Anyways, totally cool to have met you and your son, Ruthless. I hope you had a great trip back home. We did; and I can hardly wait to go back!!! :tt2 :tt2
:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Oh yeah, I've got some good pics; especially for those who've never gone to a game
in da burgh. Wading through a million emails at the moment, but I'll have them up soon.

homegirls during a commercial time-out when this guy walks up from out of the blue and says to me:

Geezus, I didn't think anyone would pay attention enough to my ramblings to note where our seats were! :lol:

Anyways, totally cool to have met you and your son, Ruthless. I hope you had a great trip back home. We did; and I can hardly wait to go back!!! :tt2 :tt2

Great meeting you too! Since you just happened to be one section over and two rows back from our seats, I took notice. If you were in Section 504 Row M or something like that, I would have forgotten about it quickly. Glad you enjoyed your first game (I know Jake did). We also had a couple sitting in front of us where the guy had been to a bunch of games with the guys before, but this was the first time he took his girlfriend. She had the same Polamalu jersey that my son had, so she kept high fiving my son when good things happened for a little positive first-game karma.

NC Steeler Fan
10-20-2009, 12:50 PM

Great meeting you too! Since you just happened to be one section over and two rows back from our seats, I took notice. If you were in Section 504 Row M or something like that, I would have forgotten about it quickly. Glad you enjoyed your first game (I know Jake did). We also had a couple sitting in front of us where the guy had been to a bunch of games with the guys before, but this was the first time he took his girlfriend. She had the same Polamalu jersey that my son had, so she kept high fiving my son when good things happened for a little positive first-game karma.

Are you kidding? Both me and my girlfriend (who made the trip up with me) were told by our resident burgh companions that if we had lost that game, we weren't allowed to come back!! :lol: :lol:

After you left us, we had a little boy about your son's age behind us who started chanting:

"Clevaland sucks, Cleveland sucks..." when the crowd got going; and his mother told him, "Don't you start saying that at school this week!"

So, what did he do? He DEFINITELY got it out of his system at the game! That's all we heard the whole 4th quarter! :lol:

Oh and, for those of you who haven't heard it in person, at the stadium...

Renegade.....was.....AWESOME!!!

stlrz d
10-20-2009, 09:16 PM

You had a stalker????? :shock:

Oh and, for those of you who haven't heard it in person, at the stadium...

Renegade.....was.....AWESOME!!!

I was hoping they would skip playing it when I was there.

Unfortunately, they didn't. :(

pfelix73
10-20-2009, 09:55 PM
We know that Renegade isn't your favorite of all time, so I guess we'll have to chip in and get you some black n gold ear plugs for when you get to Heinz. :lol:

stlrz d
10-20-2009, 10:06 PM
We know that Renegade isn't your favorite of all time, so I guess we'll have to chip in and get you some black n gold ear plugs for when you get to Heinz. :lol:

I was there a few weeks ago for the Chargers game. :)

fordfixer
10-20-2009, 10:10 PM

Here's my :2c :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2009, 11:50 PM

http://images.outdoorinteractive.net/mgen/303309_d.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2009, 11:52 PM

While we're at it, we can pitch in to get cockface a brown and orange butt plug. :shock:

By the way, I'm NOT doing a Google image search for that. NO SIR! :lol:

NC Steeler Fan
10-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Okay, trying to post pics, but having technical difficulties...

NC Steeler Fan
10-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Okay, no clue why the pics won't post...following boxes and upload seems to go okay, but when I hit Submit, nothing shows up? :(

MeetJoeGreene
10-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Okay, trying to post pics, but having technical difficulties...

just sign up to photobucket (its free and easy)... upload the pictures there (easy),
the post them as images here... (fairly easy but any one that has photoshopped can walk you through that...

stlrz d
10-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Okay, no clue why the pics won't post...following boxes and upload seems to go okay, but when I hit Submit, nothing shows up? :(

The file size is probably too large.

As MJG said, get yourself a free photobucket account (http://www.photobucket.com), upload the photos to that account and then post them here using the image urls photobucket will create automatically.