PDA

View Full Version : Miami's Final Drive

Discipline of Steel
10-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Boy did I enjoy watching the Dolphins game last night, particularly the final drive to win it. Talk about unconventional...they were rotating all sorts of personnel packages in and out. Henne, White, and Brown all took snaps. The run blocking was excellant, NY did not know which part of the line Miami was going to attack. I just knew they were going to run it in once they got down to the 4 yard line. Rex Ryan looked stunned on Ginn's bomb and then again at the end. And Miami deserved it too after the refs gift wrapped NY's go ahead TD with a marginal 49 yard pass interference call. I really enjoyed that performance and wish our team to have a running game that can pound the ball like that.

DukieBoy
10-13-2009, 07:42 AM
The Dolphins really mixed it up and mixed them (Jets) up. Execution was excellent, and the unpredictability and aggressiveness of their strategy made a mess of the Jester's D.

Great game.

JTP53609
10-13-2009, 07:43 AM
hmmm, before the jets were put into the hall of fame alot of us here knew they would come back to earth but the media just blew them up anyway, like i said and most of us thought 8-8 at best

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-13-2009, 09:47 AM
hmmm, before the jets were put into the hall of fame alot of us here knew they would come back to earth but the media just blew them up anyway, like i said and most of us thought 8-8 at best

The media does become a little premature with teams who exceed expectations early....but when that team is from New York.......watch out!!!

proudpittsburgher
10-13-2009, 10:05 AM

The media does become a little premature with teams who exceed expectations early....but when that team is from New York.......watch out!!!

I think we have all learned that you can not win a super bowl in the first half of the season, but you sure as hell can lose one. If nothing else, 2004 taught us that, we beat New England and Philly in back to back weeks, but drug ourselves into the playoffs and lost. All New York has done is not lost their chance yet, just like Denver, Indy and some other teams. Put youselves into position, and let he media hype whomever they want. If we do things the way we need to, they will be talking about us plenty in February.

SteelerNation1
10-13-2009, 12:37 PM

I think we have all learned that you can not win a super bowl in the first half of the season, but you sure as hell can lose one. If nothing else, 2004 taught us that, we beat New England and Philly in back to back weeks, but drug ourselves into the playoffs and lost. All New York has done is not lost their chance yet, just like Denver, Indy and some other teams. Put youselves into position, and let he media hype whomever they want. If we do things the way we need to, they will be talking about us plenty in February.
The media was sucking us off in 2004 but we went 15-1!!!!!!!! The GD Jets were 2-0 and they were crowning them AFC Champs!

proudpittsburgher
10-13-2009, 12:47 PM

The media was sucking us off in 2004 but we went 15-1!!!!!!!! The GD Jets were 2-0 and they were crowning them AFC Champs!

Yea, the press comes earlier for the Brady's, Mannings and New York teams than it does for us. I agree, but it doesn't make me as mad anymore. Of course, it really depends on the mood I am in at the time. :)

ikestops85
10-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Boy did I enjoy watching the Dolphins game last night, particularly the final drive to win it. Talk about unconventional...they were rotating all sorts of personnel packages in and out. Henne, White, and Brown all took snaps. The run blocking was excellant, NY did not know which part of the line Miami was going to attack. I just knew they were going to run it in once they got down to the 4 yard line. Rex Ryan looked stunned on Ginn's bomb and then again at the end. And Miami deserved it too after the refs gift wrapped NY's go ahead TD with a marginal 49 yard pass interference call. I really enjoyed that performance and wish our team to have a running game that can pound the ball like that.

That was some of the best and most imaginative play calling I have seen in a very long time. I wonder if we ... no, I'm not going there after a win. :)