PDA

View Full Version : holmes and big ben

JTP53609
10-12-2009, 07:38 AM
I looked around and did not see this posted so....
second series of the first qtr ben throw what looks to be an out and holmes runs down the sideline, another wrong route run by one of them and i think it is holmes...really starting to get frustrated with that, holmes cost us the game in cincy because of it (IMO) and he almost did it again...

steelblood
10-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Good point. Holmes does not seem to have taken the next step to becoming a great receiver. In fact, he's regressed a bit and is making rookie mistakes. Hopefully, he'll put it together soon.

Jooser
10-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Could be a factor of other things. Like, the defender is looking for the hot route because of the blitz and Tone knows it, and thinks he can fake it and break it deep for long strike. You never know. I think they'll get their heads together soon though.

RussBII
10-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Could be a factor of other things. Like, the defender is looking for the hot route because of the blitz and Tone knows it, and thinks he can fake it and break it deep for long strike. You never know. I think they'll get their heads together soon though.

I think he definitely switched his route because of coverage. He had his arm up, ala Randy Moss, and he looked like he was breaking free deep down the sideline.

We'll never know whose fault it was. Did Santonio read the D right and Ben didn't? Vice Versa?