PDA

View Full Version : Several questions

BATMAN
10-11-2009, 10:35 PM
1. Why is Matt Spaeth on the team ? He seems to do more damage than good. Okay, maybe I'm a little over board with, " why is he on the team but, " he seems to produce more negative stuff like holding of late for one.

2. Why did our running game vanish after Mendy runs up for 65 yards ?

3. Do you guys think Hines will get his 100 touchdowns in his career ?

4. Will Lima get benched due to another drop ?

5. What do you think LeBeau did or say that got our defense into gear at the end and why all of a sudden, did our defense roll off so many sacks when, it seemed to be far from reach previously ?

6. I think our special teams coverage can stand to step it up, what do you think ?

7. Lamar Woodley looks to be out of shape or just ..............?

8. Man, is our secondary mid section weak or what ? I hope Troy can make impact right away.

9. Was it me or am I imaginingHArris still getting held for the most part ?

steeler_george
10-11-2009, 10:52 PM
1. Why is Matt Spaeth on the team ? He seems to do more damage than good. Okay, maybe I'm a little over board with, " why is he on the team but, " he seems to produce more negative stuff like holding of late for one. I like Spaeth, he is what he is a 2nd tier catching TE. But does what he is told, tries to develope into a blocker, but don't see it. This is regards to his penalty right?

2. Why did our running game vanish after Mendy runs up for 65 yards ? I have no freakin idea. Or did we go to no-huddle with Moore in.

3. Do you guys think Hines will get his 100 touchdowns in his career ? Damn close, he still has the will and drive. At least 2 or more seasons in him.

4. Will Lima get benched due to another drop ? With Wallace play, it will be hard to demote him.

5. What do you think LeBeau did or say that got our defense into gear at the end and why all of a sudden, did our defense roll off so many sacks when, it seemed to be far from reach previously ? Dudes, your killing my chances for Canton. I was thinking the same, is holding back? /color]

6. I think our special teams coverage can stand to step it up, what do you think ?[color=#40FF00]I am not sure, they vastly improved with Tomlin over the years.

7. Lamar Woodley looks to be out of shape or just ..............??

8. Man, is our secondary mid section weak or what ? I hope Troy can make impact right away.

sd steel
10-11-2009, 11:06 PM
1. Why is Matt Spaeth on the team ? He seems to do more damage than good. Okay, maybe I'm a little over board with, " why is he on the team but, " he seems to produce more negative stuff like holding of late for one. I like Spaeth, he is what he is a 2nd tier catching TE. But does what he is told, tries to develope into a blocker, but don't see it. This is regards to his penalty right?

2. Why did our running game vanish after Mendy runs up for 65 yards ? I have no freakin idea. Or did we go to no-huddle with Moore in.

3. Do you guys think Hines will get his 100 touchdowns in his career ? Damn close, he still has the will and drive. At least 2 or more seasons in him.

4. Will Lima get benched due to another drop ? With Wallace play, it will be hard to demote him.

5. What do you think LeBeau did or say that got our defense into gear at the end and why all of a sudden, did our defense roll off so many sacks when, it seemed to be far from reach previously ? Dudes, your killing my chances for Canton. I was thinking the same, is holding back? /color]

6. I think our special teams coverage can stand to step it up, what do you think ?[color=#40FF00]I am not sure, they vastly improved with Tomlin over the years.

Mendy "disappeared" because we only had 12 offensive plays in the second half.....Mendy carried it 6 times.

JTP53609
10-12-2009, 07:33 AM
good points, i was wondering the same thing about mendy,
- sweed, oh boy, still have faith but come on now sweed catch it please...
- woodley looks to be out of shape, he has the same backside as casey hampton it looks like....
- willi colon, cant have a game with out a penalty
- very good post....
dont forget santonio doing messing up another route early in the first qtr

fezziwig
10-12-2009, 08:32 AM
I forgot about Santonio messing up another route and as for the only 12 plays come second half, i didn't count them but I'll trust you guys are correct.

With just the twelve plays it means the offense had shut down as much as our defense has. Be it trying to do something different from first half or the Lions and other teams have been able to adjust during half time and the Steelers coaching is not up to the challenge.

Funny what one of you said about Lebeau and his chance for Canton. He probably reminded his team, "hey, these people think I'm something special, you've erase that all in three quarters. Try earning your pay checks. "

SteelCrazy
10-12-2009, 09:06 AM
[quote=BATMAN]1. Why is Matt Spaeth on the team ? He seems to do more damage than good. Okay, maybe I'm a little over board with, " why is he on the team but, " he seems to produce more negative stuff like holding of late for one. I like Spaeth, he is what he is a 2nd tier catching TE. But does what he is told, tries to develope into a blocker, but don't see it. This is regards to his penalty right?

Mendy "disappeared" because we only had 12 offensive plays in the second half.....Mendy carried it 6 times.[/quote:1whh1y05]

We had the ball 5 times in the third and twelve in the fourth. Total of seventeen plays in the second half. None the less, it was bad play calling and blocking that caused our horrid second half.

Jooser
10-12-2009, 09:27 AM
1. Why is Matt Spaeth on the team ? He seems to do more damage than good. Okay, maybe I'm a little over board with, " why is he on the team but, " he seems to produce more negative stuff like holding of late for one.
Spaeth is a solid pass catcher. With Johnson hurt, he is our next best answer behind Heath.

2. Why did our running game vanish after Mendy runs up for 65 yards ?
We didn't have the ball much in the second half. Plus, we had the lead, the Lions felt that we'd go to Turtle Ball and stacked the box to shut down the run.

3. Do you guys think Hines will get his 100 touchdowns in his career ?
Yes. :Clap

4. Will Lima get benched due to another drop ?
It will take a miracle or injury for him to dethrone Wallace.

5. What do you think LeBeau did or say that got our defense into gear at the end and why all of a sudden, did our defense roll off so many sacks when, it seemed to be far from reach previously ?
If you lose, you have to thumb wrestle JH? Seriously, he simply unchained the beast. We've been soooo conservative since Troy has been out.

6. I think our special teams coverage can stand to step it up, what do you think ?
It wasn't a good effort yesterday, but dome fields seem to produce decent ST numbers for returners, IMO.

7. Lamar Woodley looks to be out of shape or just ..............?
Not out of shape, OUT OF FREAKING POSITION! Woodley is a pass rusher first. He's too slow to be dropping out in pass coverage all the time like has been the case for weeks now. Unchain the Beast!

Noone covers the turf like Troy. This defensive scheme is built around his speed. Troy's return will make an immediate impact. The soft zone will not be the norm all the time.

YES, they hold him all the freaking time. Yesterday in the chat room, someone commented they saw his jersey spring back like a rubber band. It's really getting annoying at all the non-calls. Seems like the more the players and coaches point it out, the more the league thumbs it's nose. :Hater

fezziwig
10-12-2009, 09:43 AM
I watched Harrisons jersey get pulled from the back like Stretch Armstrong on just one of the holds.

These teams no he NFL is doing nothing about it and they probably figure, hold because the favor is on our side.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-12-2009, 10:01 AM
[quote=BATMAN]1. Why is Matt Spaeth on the team ? He seems to do more damage than good. Okay, maybe I'm a little over board with, " why is he on the team but, " he seems to produce more negative stuff like holding of late for one. I like Spaeth, he is what he is a 2nd tier catching TE. But does what he is told, tries to develope into a blocker, but don't see it. This is regards to his penalty right?

Mendy "disappeared" because we only had 12 offensive plays in the second half.....Mendy carried it 6 times.

We had the ball 5 times in the third and twelve in the fourth. Total of seventeen plays in the second half. None the less, it was bad play calling and blocking that caused our horrid second half.[/quote:289589j0]

I think the bad blocking could have been taken care of if the playcalling was better. You don't line up under center and run plays with 5 step drops and long developing pass patterns for the WR when the defense is bringing the heat. You get in shotgun with a single back and either call quick hitters to the TE and WR or you call draws so the RB can take advantage of creases formed by defenders getting out of their lanes.

Either way you look at it, bad job by Arians or by Ben, whichever was calling the plays.

Inexcusable that your RB averaged about 9 yards a carry in the first half and you 'forgot' to use him.