PDA

View Full Version : Wallace or Washington?

NorthCoast
10-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Through 4 games Wallace: 14-194, 13.9 avg.

Washington (not quite 4 games): 14-135, 9.6 avg.

I would say the Steelers found an adequate replacement for Nate. I agree with someone who said Wallace will be OPY.

NorthCoast
10-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Poor Nate, just had a takeaway for an INT by Indy. Nate never was a fighter for the ball.

BATMAN
10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
props to wallace for sure and why are they still throwing to sweed ?

steeler_george
10-11-2009, 10:34 PM
For a rook he seems more sure handed than Nate is now, after what 4 years in the league.

I recall Nate, had just as many big drops as Sweed did in his first 2 years. Don't forget, Nate was our #4 WR before we got rid of Cedric and promoted Sanatonio.

But I love Wallace, he is a player. I would be confident him starting, if (knock on wood) he had to start due to injury.

Lonbull
10-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Definitely Wallace -

He's a rookie so he's still getting acquainted with the playbook - but so far he makes the tough catches and he's definitely a threat for the long ball anytime he's on the field.

I've been really impressed with Wallace and I'm definitely looking forward to watching his development.

Washington - was a very solid player for the Steelers, and I've never seen a WR get the kind of seperation that Nate sometimes got on the field. However Nate never really proved to me that he could make the "tough" catches. In fact when the game was on the line I was always concerned that Nate's number would be called.

Even though Wallace is a rookie - I feel relatively comfortable with him coming down with a catchable pass.

L.B.

BATMAN
10-11-2009, 10:37 PM
For a rook he seems more sure handed than Nate is now, after what 4 years in the league.

I recall Nate, had just as many big drops as Sweed did in his first 2 years. Don't forget, Nate was our #4 WR before we got rid of Cedric and promoted Sanatonio.

But I love Wallace, he is a player. I would be confident him starting, if (knock on wood) he had to start due to injury.

I remember Nate having his shares of drops but nothing like Sweed.

And yes, Wallace is better than both at this point of their careers.

steeler_george
10-11-2009, 10:44 PM

I remember Nate having his shares of drops but nothing like Sweed.

And yes, Wallace is better than both at this point of their careers.

Till this day, I blame him for our lose to the Bengles (Super hangover season), he was horrible that game. Don't quote me, this is from memory. He dropped a sure TD, and killed critical drives in that game. But I wasn't a hater, I new he had potential.

stlrz d
10-11-2009, 11:17 PM
props to wallace for sure and why are they still throwing to sweed ?

What should they do?

Captain Lemming
10-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Wallace IMHO is more impressive thaneven most understand for the following reason.

Starting with the first preseason game he got wide open deep, in a good majority of his games and has been mostly underthrown.

He could easily have had three more preseason and three more regular season TDs. And it is not just Ben. Two of the backups underthrew him too. The QBs are struggling to hit him in stride because of his rare speed. Corners too dont seem to anticipate his ridiculous speed.

He is surprisingly good underneath as well, he can take advantage of deep cushions.

I tell you people this dude is going to be scary good.

SteelCrazy
10-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Its definitely Wallace. He's a rookie and is just as good as Nate. His uP side is a whole lot more than Nate ever had.

RuthlessBurgher
10-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Consider that, coming into this season, many a draftnik was touting Ole Miss QB Jevan Snead as a potential elite level first round pick in the next draft.

That is because he was awfully good last season with Mike Wallace in Oxford (26 TD's and 13 INT's with a 8.45 YPA average). So far this season, without Wallace, he has 6 TD's and 6 INT's with a 6.25 YPA average. He threw 0 TD's and 4 INT's in a loss to Alabama yesterday. Even though the Rebels beat Vandy a week ago, he threw 3 INT's to go with his 3 TD's. And the week before that, in a loss to South Carolina, he was 7 for 21 passing. Perhaps it was Wallace who made Snead look good.

JTP53609
10-12-2009, 07:26 AM
leather seats or vinyl
sunroof or no sunroof
a.c or open windows...

wallace or washington

Oviedo
10-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Nate who??????????????????????????

MeetJoeGreene
10-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Nate who??????????????????????????

$$$$

fezziwig
10-12-2009, 08:44 AM
I bet you Nate is loving his choice to join the Titans this season. I wonder if the fans are putting blame on him or asking , why hasn't he been a difference maker ?

I'm not blaming Nate, just saying how fans can direct the blame, justified or not.

Jooser
10-12-2009, 08:46 AM
This isn't even close. Of course Wallace is sooooo much better. Now, if only our QB can learn to quit under throwing his speed! :wft

fezziwig
10-12-2009, 09:46 AM
This isn't even close. Of course Wallace is sooooo much better. Now, if only our QB can learn to quit under throwing his speed! :wft

I'm glad someone mentioned this. Can Ben not throw that far or isn't he and Wallace getting the reps for Ben to learn the mechanics of him and Wallace ?

JTP53609
10-12-2009, 10:11 AM

the one was bad, but i recall the first deep ball that wallace dropped. was right on his numbers....just sayin

Oviedo
10-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I bet you Nate is loving his choice to join the Titans this season. I wonder if the fans are putting blame on him or asking , why hasn't he been a difference maker ?

I'm not blaming Nate, just saying how fans can direct the blame, justified or not.

Another great chioce by the Steelers front ofice realizing you don't overpay for someone who will never be better than an average #3 receiver. Stupid move on the Titans part. Not sure what they watched the last couple of years but it must have been a highlights film produced by Nate's agent.

fezziwig
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM

Another great chioce by the Steelers front ofice realizing you don't overpay for someone who will never be better than an average #3 receiver. Stupid move on the Titans part. Not sure what they watched the last couple of years but it must have been a highlights film produced by Nate's agent.

:lol: dude, that is funny.