PDA

View Full Version : steeler nation invades ford field

True Fan
10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
look at this as super impressive or super pathetic, but i was wondering if any home team's stadium fan base was as dominated by an oppossing teams fans base as it was in detroit today. i swear it had to be 65/35 steelers fans. and 9/1 when you counted steelers apparell compared to lions. Steeler fans should be proud, lions fans should be ashamed.

SteelerNation1
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Were u wearing Steelers gear or Lions gear? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

True Fan
10-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Were u wearing Steelers gear or Lions gear? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

c'mon will. i had the whole family decked out in woodley, hines, polamalu and ben.

proudpittsburgher
10-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I saw people in Bengals jerseys and Dolphins jerseys. :wft And if it wasn't a 3-1 advantage, i don't know what it was.

Iron Shiek
10-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I saw people in Bengals jerseys and Dolphins jerseys. :wft And if it wasn't a 3-1 advantage, i don't know what it was.

I don't know...i bet I can top that. Someone wore a Darrel Revis Jets jersey to the Steelers game last week vs the Chargers. Us Planet attendees had a good laugh over that one. Talk about 'WTF'??!!

ColumbusSteelerFan
10-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Agreed that it was at least 60% Steelers fan today if not more. Will have full report later. Great to see them in person again!

RuthlessBurgher
10-11-2009, 10:52 PM

I don't know...i bet I can top that. Someone wore a Darrel Revis Jets jersey to the Steelers game last week vs the Chargers. Us Planet attendees had a good laugh over that one. Talk about 'WTF'??!!

I think the old school Keith Jackson jersey (the former Eagle tight end, not the "Whoa, Nellie" broadcaster) topped the Revis one. Since Darrelle went to Pitt, it could just have been a Pitt student wearing that jersey to a Steeler game in Pittsburgh.

Wolfhound45
10-11-2009, 10:58 PM
I will ask the dumb question. What was up with the Steelers copying the "foot stomp sack dance" that LF did when he was with the Steelers? Was that a way of honoring him? Or (I shudder to think this) mocking him?

RuthlessBurgher
10-12-2009, 12:06 AM
I will ask the dumb question. What was up with the Steelers copying the "foot stomp sack dance" that LF did when he was with the Steelers? Was that a way of honoring him? Or (I shudder to think this) mocking him?

I hope that it was a way of honoring him. I think that there is still a healthy amount of respect for Foote in the Steeler locker room.

Wolfhound45
10-12-2009, 12:09 AM

I hope that it was a way of honoring him. I think that there is still a healthy amount of respect for Foote in the Steeler locker room.

That is the way that I interpreted it as well. Just wanted to make sure I did not miss something in chat.

Lonbull
10-12-2009, 01:29 AM

In a way I thought it might be a little of both - as in -

"Hey dude we miss you........but you're still a Lion and we're kicking your butt".

However the only guy I saw do it was James Harrison - and, he doesn't strike me as the "good natured" kind of guy. If it would have been Farrior, no question, but with Harrison - I'm not so sure?

L.B.

stlrz d
10-12-2009, 07:12 AM

In a way I thought it might be a little of both - as in -

"Hey dude we miss you........but you're still a Lion and we're kicking your butt".

However the only guy I saw do it was James Harrison - and, he doesn't strike me as the "good natured" kind of guy. If it would have been Farrior, no question, but with Harrison - I'm not so sure?

L.B.

Gay did it too.

Just wondering if they took offense to his comments about being squeezed out due to a "high draft pick having to play"?

JTP53609
10-12-2009, 02:55 PM
on tv, it did not sound that loud, i remember last yr in washington it was nuts, had to be 60% steeler fans, and at the timet he skins were 6-2 haha

proudpittsburgher
10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
on tv, it did not sound that loud, i remember last yr in washington it was nuts, had to be 60% steeler fans, and at the timet he skins were 6-2 haha

That was more of a product of so many empty seats and the fact an indoor Ford Field made it feel like an exhibition game. At times I felt bored. Plenty of here we go steelers, here we go chants, especially after the scores.

RuthlessBurgher
10-12-2009, 04:45 PM
All of the "HEEEEEEEEEEATH" chants from the crowd came through on the TV broadcast clear as day.

stlrz d
10-12-2009, 09:19 PM
All of the "HEEEEEEEEEEATH" chants from the crowd came through on the TV broadcast clear as day.

Yup, and I also laughed when the visiting team (that was us) was on D and the defenders were doing the arm flap thing calling for the crowd to get louder. :D