PDA

View Full Version : Speed Kills

Iron Shiek
10-11-2009, 03:04 PM
This kid Wallace is the real deal. What a draft pick. He is getting it done.

Crazy seperation on that td, my god.

stlrz d
10-11-2009, 03:07 PM
This kid Wallace is the real deal. What a draft pick. He is getting it done.

Crazy seperation on that td, my god.

Lovin' it...he is gonna help Ben tear that Rats pass D apart!

AngryAsian
10-11-2009, 03:17 PM
This kid will be the heir apparent when Hines retires as our new WR coach. :Beer

Chadman
10-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Steelers ROY- Chadman called it 3 weeks ago... :Boobs

BURGH86STEEL
10-11-2009, 07:02 PM
It will be interesting to see how things play out in the future with the WR corps. Will Sweed ever step up? Will Holmes become expendable if he wants to much money? How long will Ward continue to produce at a high level? Can't ignore the potential that Wallace has shown.

Steelgal
10-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Wish we could get a good look at McDonald too......

JTP53609
10-12-2009, 08:07 AM
i was wrong when i thought that ward would start showing his age (for an nfl player), but my gosh, he looks like he can play 5 more years, he was never the fastest, tallest, strongest but he knows how to play and knows what he needs to do.....wallace will be the #1 in 2 years and i love the things he said after the game...

Iron Shiek
10-12-2009, 08:29 AM
i was wrong when i thought that ward would start showing his age (for an nfl player), but my gosh, he looks like he can play 5 more years, he was never the fastest, tallest, strongest but he knows how to play and knows what he needs to do.....wallace will be the #1 in 2 years and i love the things he said after the game...

Your comments about Ward merit two :tt2 .

:tt2 :tt2

People keep trying to predict his demise, but he is such a great technical player, that he can keep doing what he does for a while.

fezziwig
10-12-2009, 08:52 AM
I have a feeling Wallace might step in to Santonio spot if they can not retain Smokey. I would have no problem with that either. Hines can't be replaced in my opinion. I wish we had a Hines junior on the team that could be groomed by Hines while he is still here.

As for Hines showing his age, not. The guy is marvel with what he can still do. I hope he gets his 100 touch down catches and I hope he does it in his Steeler uniform. I've said this from the start of Hines being drafted, why didn't they use him more during his early days ? I and I believe all of us seen his talent and drive but yet, they drafted Troy Edwards, Plaxico and whom ever else that got the nod before Hines.

Hines was good enough to be a starter from the start or at least should have been getting more playing time from the start. I bet he would be closer to 100 TD's if they had played him earlier.

Jooser
10-12-2009, 09:06 AM

Your comments about Ward merit two :tt2 .

:tt2 :tt2

People keep trying to predict his demise, but he is such a great technical player, that he can keep doing what he does for a while.

Well, he may be the strongest! If not in body, then his will reigns supreme. But, he's still pretty darn strong.

SidSmythe
10-12-2009, 12:32 PM
This kid will be the heir apparent when Hines retires as our new WR coach. :Beer

You bite ur tongue young man.
Ward is on pace for a 100+ catch season this year and ur talking " reti......"
I just can't say it!!! :moon

JTP53609
10-12-2009, 12:35 PM

can you imagine hines ward coaching, i dont think it will ever happen, talk about someone wanting to put on a helmet and play, i could see him teaching a player a few tricks and then just grabbing the helmet and saying "here let me show you" haha....

RuthlessBurgher
10-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Considering Hines has the 2nd most receptions out of all of the WR's in the NFL, and the 3rd most receiving yards out of all of the WR's in the NFL, and I think the old fella's still got some life in those old legs.

fezziwig
10-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I think last week they said that Hines holds the record for consecutive receptions completions

RuthlessBurgher
10-12-2009, 04:51 PM
I think last week they said that Hines holds the record for consecutive receptions completions

I'd guess Hines has the Steeler record for consecutive games with a catch, because Jerry Rice has the NFL record for consecutive games with a catch at 274 (1985-2004). Hines has only played in 175 games in his career so far.

SidSmythe
10-12-2009, 05:12 PM

I'd guess Hines has the Steeler record for consecutive games with a catch, because Jerry Rice has the NFL record for consecutive games with a catch at 274 (1985-2004). Hines has only played in 175 games in his career so far.

That was for "active" Players ... T.O. had it but blanked week 2 in Buffalo, so Hines has the "active" record now.

fezziwig
10-12-2009, 11:49 PM
I don't care what the game condition would be,I would make sure Hines gets a catch every game. Just like they have for the last 160 or so times.