PDA

View Full Version : Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na, hey hey hey, goodbye

LasVegasGuy
10-11-2009, 01:26 PM
It's been nice knowing you Willie Parker. Woo Hoo!

stlrz d
10-11-2009, 01:34 PM
It's the Lions. Parker's not going anywhere.

costanza2k1
10-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I don't think the Lions may have anything to do with it. Or how well Mendy does, Willie has been very fragile of late. I just don't think he's capable of putting in a sting of 5 games in a row anymore. He may be finished.

Iron Shiek
10-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Parker will be a decent change of pace back. We have to maintain some kind of rotation. The "Run the wheels off him" approach obviously didn't work before, why would we do it now with Mendenhall.

But I agree, Parker is losing his "starting" job as we type.

grotonsteel
10-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Great 10 yd run by Mendy... :tt2

LasVegasGuy
10-11-2009, 03:55 PM

Your precious, still holding out hope for Parker are you? Dude, give it a rest already they guy stinks. The quickest way to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

LasVegasGuy
10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Parker will be a decent change of pace back. We have to maintain some kind of rotation. The "Run the wheels off him" approach obviously didn't work before, why would we do it now with Mendenhall.

Change of pace back? Does it look like Mendy needs a breather? Runs just as hard now as when the game started. The only way I want to see Willie on the field is either returning punts, up by 40 or bringing water to Mendy.

stlrz d
10-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Just when I didn't think it could get any dumber.

LasVegasGuy
10-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Just when I didn't think it could get any dumber.

Sorry to hear you spent some of your unemployement check on a number #39 jersey. Maybe someday you can bust it out on "has been" night but you may have decide between Barry Foster, Bam Morris, Willie Parker or Tim Worley.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Your precious, still holding out hope for Parker are you? Dude, give it a rest already they guy stinks. The quickest way to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Your posting seems a little more aggressive than the average on this forum.

You wanna make something of it?

stlrz d
10-11-2009, 04:08 PM
And it continues to get dumber.

LasVegasGuy
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM

Easy there........internet tough guy.

LasVegasGuy
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM

Discipline of Steel
10-11-2009, 04:16 PM

Please dont feed the troll.

Pittsburgh was outrushed by Detroit 110 to 82.

LasVegasGuy
10-11-2009, 04:22 PM
[quote="stlrz d":10ua86jm]It's the Lions. Parker's not going anywhere.

Pittsburgh was outrushed by Detroit 110 to 82.[/quote:10ua86jm]

We were outpassed 282 to 277 too. I guess we send Ben to the bench in favor of Batch. What was your point again?

calmkiller
10-11-2009, 04:24 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1hx0xqml]It's the Lions. Parker's not going anywhere.

Pittsburgh was outrushed by Detroit 110 to 82.

We were outpassed 282 to 277 too. I guess we send Ben to the bench in favor of Batch. What was your point again?[/quote:1hx0xqml]

Seems logical in your world.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-11-2009, 04:37 PM

Sorry, I thought you might get see this as a joke trying to make a point. My bad, and apologies to the board.

Flasteel
10-11-2009, 06:06 PM

Change of pace back? Does it look like Mendy needs a breather? Runs just as hard now as when the game started. The only way I want to see Willie on the field is either returning punts, up by 40 or bringing water to Mendy.

Hey LVG...you are fast becoming one of the biggest douchebags to ever troll this board. I think I was fully correct by adding you to the original cast of The Lesions of Doom.

You're pathetic.

eniparadoxgma
10-11-2009, 06:31 PM

You say that after posting personal attacks...

Do you not see the irony?

AngryAsian
10-11-2009, 06:43 PM

Very Morpheus-esque of you, Eni. :lol:

BTW, since we're in that time of year where Halloween is in focus, would you mind posting that Halloween pic of you and your daughter... the "Chad Vader" one. I still laugh about that one.

pfelix73
10-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Let's put it into perspective and be realistic. Parker will still have a role in this offense as the season continues into the winter months. We'll need the extra RB and Willie will be ready to go.

Anyone who thinks Mendenhall is the only RB we'll need is just fooling themselves. And don't forget the best 3rd down back in the league- Mewelde..... We'll need all 3 of them down the stretch.

When the season is over, and only then, should we talk about Willie possibly saying good bye. And he may even re sign... :tt1

LasVegasGuy
10-11-2009, 08:34 PM

Hey LVG...you are fast becoming one of the biggest douchebags to ever troll this board. I think I was fully correct by adding you to the original cast of The Lesions of Doom.

You're pathetic.

I forgot about your little lame lesion of doom. Feel free to bring it back and add me all you like. I won't lose any sleep over it.

LasVegasGuy
10-11-2009, 08:37 PM

Hey Goth.....Who am I challenging or telling them to make something of it? No irony here, move along please.

snarky
10-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I forgot about your little lame lesion of doom. Feel free to bring it back and add me all you like. I won't lose any sleep over it.

I imagine this is similar to how Tomlin feels about his critics.

eniparadoxgma
10-11-2009, 09:11 PM

Very Morpheus-esque of you, Eni. :lol:

BTW, since we're in that time of year where Halloween is in focus, would you mind posting that Halloween pic of you and your daughter... the "Chad Vader" one. I still laugh about that one.

No problem. I'll post it elsewhere though mang. 8)

Flasteel
10-11-2009, 09:13 PM

You're pathetic.

http://i36.tinypic.com/21a0gi1.gif

eniparadoxgma
10-11-2009, 09:17 PM

Hey Goth.....Who am I challenging or telling them to make something of it? No irony here, move along please.

Hey Jock (?).... It would seem we have differing opinions concerning the definition of "internet tough guy".

Yours apparently relies on challenging someone else explicitly (ie "Want to make someone of it?") but ignores more covert methods of challenging someone, such as attempting to insult someone online by talking about things in their real life and bringing the collective IQ of the board down by toddlerish ad hominem attacks.

I, on the other hand, count attacks against people online through insults or more explicit "threats" as symptomatic of Interweb Tough Guy-ism.

So, yes, it was ironic. You decided to insult someone by referring to things in their real life ONLINE and then turned around and accused someone of being an internet tough guy.

Friggin hilaaaaaaaaaaarious. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

eniparadoxgma
10-11-2009, 09:19 PM

bwahahahahahaha

stlrz d
10-11-2009, 09:29 PM

You're pathetic.

Cowhersucks should be changed to True Fan. Same guy.

Nice post Enip...and what's really funny is the "tough guy" doesn't even have his "facts" straight. :D

snarky
10-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Nice post Enip...and what's really funny is the "tough guy" doesn't even have his "facts" straight. :D

It is funny that there seem to be some people around here that think because something was true at a particular point in time it remains true forever. I imagine these are the people you see wearing parkas in July because it was cold in February.

Iron Shiek
10-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Let's put it into perspective and be realistic. Parker will still have a role in this offense as the season continues into the winter months. We'll need the extra RB and Willie will be ready to go.

Anyone who thinks Mendenhall is the only RB we'll need is just fooling themselves. And don't forget the best 3rd down back in the league- Mewelde..... We'll need all 3 of them down the stretch.

When the season is over, and only then, should we talk about Willie possibly saying good bye. And he may even re sign... :tt1

That was pretty much what I was trying to say earlier in the thread pfelix, but apparently LVG thinks we can just run Mendy until he's limpin around in the backfield trying to gain a yard. Willie may not be the Willie we used to know, but a combiniation of MEndy, Willie and Mewelde is going to be needed down the stretch.

Lesions = Awesome

pfelix73
10-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Ah, sorry if you already said the same earlier. Must have over looked it....

Great minds think a like, I guess... :lol:

:tt1

RuthlessBurgher
10-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Do I agree that Rashard should be our starting RB? Certainly.

Do I think that Willie a worthless turd? That's absurd (and even moreso that it was your point of view for several years now during a couple of Super Bowl winning seasons).

Mendenhall is our best option at RB now...no question in my mind.

But you want to take a guy that ran 48 times as a college freshman, 78 times as a sophomore, 262 times as a junior, 19 times as an NFL rookie...and all of the sudden turn him into a one-man show workhorse like the RB's who eclipse the 370 carry barrier in a season? That's just foolish.

Coming into the season, Willie was the starter, Mendenhall was the #2 option to keep him fresh, and Moore was the 3rd down and hurry-up offense RB. When Willie comes back from injury, Mendenhall should now be the starter, Parker should now be the #2 option to keep him fresh, and Moore should still be the 3rd down and hurry-up offense RB. It only makes sense.

JTP53609
10-12-2009, 07:28 AM
where was mendenhall in the late second early third qtrs, why was he not in at all. he was not hurt was he...

Iron Shiek
10-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Ah, sorry if you already said the same earlier. Must have over looked it....

Great minds think a like, I guess... :lol:

:tt1

No, that is quite alright. It got lost in all the bickering...I'm glad you tried to bring us back on topic of Steeler football.