PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben Calls Audible As Good Samaritan

fordfixer
10-10-2009, 04:10 AM
Big Ben Calls Audible As Good Samaritan
Steelers QB Helps Car Accident Victim

POSTED: 9:16 pm EDT October 9, 2009
UPDATED: 2:02 am EDT October 10, 2009
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/spo ... etail.html (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/21256342/detail.html)

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger called in a Strip District car accident to city 911 on Friday afternoon.

The two-vehicle accident happened near the corner of 16th Street and Liberty Avenue.

While the second car was being towed away, one of the people who Roethlisberger helped at the scene talked with Channel 4 Action News reporter Sheldon Ingram.

"He saw the whole situation of what happened to me. He got out, called police and gave the information. He was cooperative in helping me," said Otis Mitchell. "I was a little dazed, a little shook up, but I'm a Steeler fan. What a coincidence."

Mitchell told Channel 4 Action News that Roethlisberger was behind the second car and stopped to help when he saw the accident.

Mitchell, who had two passengers in his vehicle, said the side of his station wagon was hit by a vehicle driving in the opposite direction.

"Everybody's shook up. He just came out of no where with a lot of force, rammed me into a pole, just going on like no concern," said Mitchell.

Mitchell said Big Ben even took time to sign his Steelers hat before leaving.

No serious injuries were reported by 911.

Police said they were able to get a license plate number and description of the vehicle that hit Mitchell's station wagon.

The case remains under investigation.

stlrz d
10-10-2009, 07:13 AM

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/spo ... etail.html (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/21256342/detail.html)

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger called in a Strip District car accident to city 911 on Friday afternoon.

The two-vehicle accident happened near the corner of 16th Street and Liberty Avenue.

While the second car was being towed away, one of the people who Roethlisberger helped at the scene talked with Channel 4 Action News reporter Sheldon Ingram.

"He saw the whole situation of what happened to me. He got out, called police and gave the information. He was cooperative in helping me," said Otis Mitchell. "I was a little dazed, a little shook up, but I'm a Steeler fan. What a coincidence."

Mitchell told Channel 4 Action News that Roethlisberger was behind the second car and stopped to help when he saw the accident.

Mitchell, who had two passengers in his vehicle, said the side of his station wagon was hit by a vehicle driving in the opposite direction.

"Everybody's shook up. He just came out of no where with a lot of force, rammed me into a pole, just going on like no concern," said Mitchell.

Police said they were able to get a license plate number and description of the vehicle that hit Mitchell's station wagon.

Coincidence???

"the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection"

Hmmmmm....

proudpittsburgher
10-10-2009, 08:34 AM

Coincidence???

"the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection"

Hmmmmm....

Yea, I get a little dazed and shook up as a Steelers fan too, but alcohol is usually the culprit, not a car accident. :)

steelernation77
10-10-2009, 11:39 AM
A Steeler fan in Pittsburgh? What are the odds?

NKySteeler
10-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Yea, I get a little dazed and shook up as a Steelers fan too, but alcohol is usually the culprit, not a car accident. :)

Ha Ha Ha!...... Now THAT is funny! :lol:

.... Yes, alcohol is the culprit with me also. But lately, it has been for medicinal purposes as far as dealing with the anxiety that comes with the 4th qtr defense...

stlrz d
10-10-2009, 01:48 PM
I guess I was making fun of the "Steelers fan in Pittsburgh, Steelers player" type "coincidence".

Now if this dude had been in an accident in Milwaukee and Ben was there to call 911...THAT would have been a coincidence!

JTP53609
10-12-2009, 08:23 AM
A Steeler fan in Pittsburgh? What are the odds?

haha, i know, i thought they were in other parts of the country, so there are real fans in pittsburgh too, are the penguins and pirate fans there also..