PDA

View Full Version : Home Game Parking/Walking

RKSteel
10-09-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm going to the Browns game next week. I usually park in the lot off of Commonwealth, near Point State Park.

Can you still walk over the Fort Duquesne Bridge? In the past I have, but the last two years it looked like it was underconstruction and I walked over the 6th st bridge.

Thanks.

RuthlessBurgher
10-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Don't know about whether or not you can walk across the Fort Duquesne Bridge now. I normally try to park at the lot on 6th St. and Fort Duquesne Blvd. since it is still only $5, then walk across the Clemente Bridge (6th St.) which takes you to PNC Park.

RKSteel
10-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Don't know about whether or not you can walk across the Fort Duquesne Bridge now. I normally try to park at the lot on 6th St. and Fort Duquesne Blvd. since it is still only $5, then walk across the Clemente Bridge (6th St.) which takes you to PNC Park. Last year I parked in a garage right near the 6th st bridge. I like the other lot cause I stay over in Monroeville, so I can jump right onto the Blvd of Allies to 376.

My daughter asked if there were boats we could take, so I might be taking the Gateway clipper across.

RuthlessBurgher
10-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Don't know about whether or not you can walk across the Fort Duquesne Bridge now. I normally try to park at the lot on 6th St. and Fort Duquesne Blvd. since it is still only $5, then walk across the Clemente Bridge (6th St.) which takes you to PNC Park. Last year I parked in a garage right near the 6th st bridge. I like the other lot cause I stay over in Monroeville, so I can jump right onto the Blvd of Allies to 376.

My daughter asked if there were boats we could take, so I might be taking the Gateway clipper across.

Parking in Station Square and taking the Clipper over is an experience that is worthwhile if your daughter has never done it before. It can be a bit of a pain coming back after that game even though there are 3 boats going, because everyone is leaving the stadium at the same time and there tends to be a wait, but if you don't have to be somewhere right after the game, then I think it is worth it. Plus, when you get back to Station Square, you can do some shopping there (like at Hometowne Sports) or grab a bite to eat (my wife loves the Melting Pot).

papillon
10-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Give your daughter the whole experience and park on Mt. Washington and take the incline down to Station Square and then the Gateway Clipper over to the stadium. Ruthless, has a good idea for after the game if you don't have to be anywhere in particular, do a little shopping and grab dinner (Melting Pot is good) and then take the incline back to the car (or truck).

Pappy

RKSteel
10-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Give your daughter the whole experience and park on Mt. Washington and take the incline down to Station Square and then the Gateway Clipper over to the stadium. Ruthless, has a good idea for after the game if you don't have to be anywhere in particular, do a little shopping and grab dinner (Melting Pot is good) and then take the incline back to the car (or truck).

Pappy Thanks Paps, this sounds like a good idea. I'm guessing there is parking near the incline?

As for the Melting Pot, my daugher is 10, chicken fingers is her stable food item. I would love to eat at Bettis restaurant again, but I know it will be packed after the game.

RuthlessBurgher
10-09-2009, 04:40 PM

Pappy Thanks Paps, this sounds like a good idea. I'm guessing there is parking near the incline?

As for the Melting Pot, my daugher is 10, chicken fingers is her stable food item. I would love to eat at Bettis restaurant again, but I know it will be packed after the game.

My son is 8 and my daughter is 5. They are definitely chicken fingers and cheeseburger types. But they had a blast dipping bread cubes and apple slices in melted cheese, plus dipping strawberries, bananas, pineapples, brownies, cheesecake, marshmallows, etc. in melted chocolate at the end. There was enough choices in the middle (chicken, steak, shrimp, veggies, pierogies, etc.) to satisfy them. And you are beyond the age where you need to worry about them burning themselves on the table burner. It ain't necessarily cheap, but it was a fun experience. We may only do it once a year, but it's worth it.