PDA

View Full Version : Who is better? (Part 2)

Shoe
10-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I WASN'T HIRED FOR MY DISPOSITION

-or-

Silverback

Discipline of Steel
10-08-2009, 09:45 PM
I WASN'T HIRED FOR MY DISPOSITION

-or-

Silverback

Its not even close...Lambert

fezziwig
10-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow ! I have to go with Lloyd.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Didn't they have Llyod fall into to coverage more than Harrsion ?

It just seems to me, they have Harrison more dedicated to going after the QB than they had Lloyd .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've never seen a motor like Lloyds before. One second he is in on the play, shaken from the play, away from the play and the next second, he is full hustle and on top of the play.

Haariosn is great and he got us a Super Bowl win along with defensive player of the year but, I think I would still like to have Lloyd along with his enthusiasm.
Another season or two of Harrison and who knows, maybe I'll change my mind ?

fezziwig
10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh yeah, Lambert over all linebackers and Ham just as equally.

Shoe
10-08-2009, 09:56 PM

Hahah... stick to the argument boys.
Jesus Christ would go sideline to sideline faster than Lambert or Ham combined, so I would take him first.

rpmpit
10-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Lloyd

steelblood
10-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Llyod was a little nastier. He was the most intimidating linebacker of his era (imho). Deebo is nasty and intimidating, but not on Llyod's level. Deebo has not exactly had a long career as a starter either. Still, last season, Deebo did things that Llyod never did. The sacks, the forced fumbles, and winning games with huge plays made Deebo's 2008 season the best single season by any Steelers linebacker, and I'm not sure there is even a close second. I'd love to revisit this question in 2-3 years. At that point, Deebo may be the a clear choice.

RuthlessBurgher
10-09-2009, 10:08 AM

Jesus Christ would go sideline to sideline faster than Lambert or Ham combined, so I would take him first.

But Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NwMmft2Mlzg/SjkA4a8msOI/AAAAAAAABAc/ee--QMbisY0/s320/PedroCerrano%5B1%5D.JPGhttp://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/eddie_harris.jpg

NW Steeler
10-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Nice work Ruthless, nice work indeed!

:Clap
:Cheers
:tt2

SteelerNation1
10-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Harrison and I can't believe I'm actually typing this. His 100 yrd SB43 play will live as the single greatest play OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

birtikidis
10-09-2009, 08:40 PM

but i don't think jesus would decleat a receiver going across the middle or try to take the qb's head off just because he's a qb.

birtikidis
10-09-2009, 08:41 PM
as Urban Myer would say (if jesus were a LBer), "we have a nice guy playing lber, he has all the tools, but he's a nice guy not a linebacker" (he said something like that about our rb's his first year)

Captain Lemming
10-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Lloyd has a body of work.

But Harrison had a better SINGLE SEASON than Lloyd ever had last year.

16 sacks and over a hundred total tackles is LT kind of numbers.

Unlike Porter who people love to compare to Lloyd, Harrison is like Lloyd more than just a pass rusher.

Lloyd was without peer as a pusuit LB. Lloyd, like Polamalu could close in on a ball carrier from a distance. The biggest mistake teams made was trying to "Avoid Lloyd".

The best strategy was to attack Lloyd. Lloyd could not take on, and dominate a 300 lb tackle like Harrison.

Harrison is a much better pass rusher, and better at shedding a lineman to get a ball carrier.

Harrison last season played like Lloyd and Kevin Greene in one player.

Really he was every bit as effective, and showed the same skills as LT in his prime.