PDA

View Full Version : The last time

stlrz d
10-08-2009, 11:29 AM
the Ravens lost to the Patriots, and subsequently whined about the officiating, was in 2007...and the following week they got smoked by the Colts 44-20. It was 44-7 after 3 quarters. (thanks to a poster on Cold, Hard, Football Facts for that info).

Wouldn't it be great if they got beat by the Bengals? Not saying it would be in a similar fashion, but to have a let down against them and let it slip away would be awesome!

They lose, we beat the Lions and that puts us and the Ravens at 3-2, with both of us having a loss to a Bengals team that, frankly, isn't that good and only beat us because of missed opportunities and/or inept play calling.

I'm not saying the Bengals will win, but with the Ravens shoddy secondary Palmer certainly has a chance to put up some big numbers, keeping the Ravens on their heels.

The Bengals don't scare me so I'd love to see them take the Rats down a peg for us!

JTP53609
10-08-2009, 11:41 AM
i would love it too, the bungles were lucky to beat us, but it still makes me angry.....that game in 2007 when the patsies beat the rats, i remember bart scott going nuts throwing a flag as hard as he could to the back of the endzone and than he whined that the AFRICAN AMERICAN referee was rascist towards him because he called him boy haha...oh that was a funny game,

papillon
10-08-2009, 11:45 AM
The Steelers win regardless of wins and loses that game. Since, we haven't played the Ravens yet it would probably be best for the Bengals to get a conference loss. The Steelers only need worry about beating the Lions and continuing to win games, the rest will fall into place.

Pappy

stlrz d
10-08-2009, 11:54 AM
The Steelers win regardless of wins and loses that game. Since, we haven't played the Ravens yet it would probably be best for the Bengals to get a conference loss. The Steelers only need worry about beating the Lions and continuing to win games, the rest will fall into place.

Pappy

But we're not on the team. We don't play the games...so we as fans can talk about stuff like this. :P

I agree the team should focus on one game at a time...but as fans we can discuss all we want! :) I believe the Ravens are the better team and it would be better for them to lose because the Bengals won't be around for the stretch run. :D

:tt2

Mister Pittsburgh
10-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I would say the Bengals have a good chance to beat the Ravens. The Bengals had the Broncos beat, beat the Steelers. The Ravens beat a bunch of crappy teams and lost to the only real team they played so far.

Oviedo
10-08-2009, 12:22 PM
I would say the Bengals have a good chance to beat the Ravens. The Bengals had the Broncos beat, beat the Steelers. The Ravens beat a bunch of crappy teams and lost to the only real team they played so far.

The Bumgals are going to start being the Bumgals again. No way they beat the Ravens.

proudpittsburgher
10-08-2009, 01:16 PM
I get the feeling that the Ravens are going to use the Bengals game to make a statement.

LordVile
10-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I agree that the Ravens are a better team than the Bungles, so I def want the Ravens to lose. I don't fear the Bungles, but the Ravens have always been a concern thru the years.

RuthlessBurgher
10-08-2009, 04:26 PM
i would love it too, the bungles were lucky to beat us, but it still makes me angry.....that game in 2007 when the patsies beat the rats, i remember bart scott going nuts throwing a flag as hard as he could to the back of the endzone and than he whined that the AFRICAN AMERICAN referee was rascist towards him because he called him boy haha...oh that was a funny game,

Calling someone of the same race "boy" isn't racist...I guess it could be considered to be "ageist" coming from an older ref to a younger linebacker, though. It would have been funnier if the black ref just glared at the black Bart Scott and said "Nigga please..." :lol:

Iron Shiek
10-08-2009, 04:49 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: That would've been something.

Jom, where you at? Give us your perspective on this.

And in actuality, I see where you are going with that thinking d, I don't know if I could take it though. These Bungle fans around here will never shut up if they are in first with wins over the two division rivals. But I guess it makes the eventual letdown later in the year even more monumental.