PDA

View Full Version : BLACK 20

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 09:19 PM
If you saw license plates (or "tags" as they're called in so many places) with "BLACK 20" on them would you know what they were referencing?

Chavezz
10-07-2009, 09:28 PM
It's a play we run

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 09:30 PM
It's a play we run

Nope!

anjang86
10-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Dewayne Washington?

Iron Shiek
10-07-2009, 09:56 PM
I wonder what it is. The first game I heard Ben yell it, I thought it was some audible....no?

My non-steelers friends watching the game with me were making fun of him.

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 10:28 PM
It's just part of the normal pre-snap cadence.

Favre's is "Blue 58" and I've seen plates around here with different variations of that. Blue 58, Blu 58, Bloo 58...no Blew 58 though! :lol:

Anyway, watching the replay I noticed it a lot and thought it might be interesting to get them on a plate myself. Of course no one around here would get the reference though. :D

sd steel
10-07-2009, 10:34 PM
If you saw license plates (or "tags" as they're called in so many places) with "BLACK 20" on them would you know what they were referencing?

What numbers and colors come up on a roulette wheel after I just put all my money on Red 21?

sd steel
10-07-2009, 11:59 PM
It's just part of the normal pre-snap cadence.

Favre's is "Blue 58" and I've seen plates around here with different variations of that. Blue 58, Blu 58, Bloo 58...no Blew 58 though! :lol:

Anyway, watching the replay I noticed it a lot and thought it might be interesting to get them on a plate myself. Of course no one around here would get the reference though. :D

Not to argue with you again, but we did use those number and colors to dictate the route being run, and how many steps the QB was going to take before he threw. White dictated a 3 step drop, and having a 1-3-5-7 all meant what routes we were running. So if the QB got up to the ball and wanted to stick with the run he would call Blue 22, but if he saw blitz, he could call white 21, meaning he was going to take a 3 step drop, and the slot was run the 1 route, (an up pattern). So yes it is a cadence, but it is used as an audible as well depending on the number and colors in some systems. Our QB always had to throw a Pink 69 into the mix 3 or 4 times during a game.
:lol: :lol:

stlrz d
10-08-2009, 12:19 AM
[quote="stlrz d":iwnclgzn]It's just part of the normal pre-snap cadence.

Not to argue with you again, but we did use those number and colors to dictate the route being run, and how many steps the QB was going to take before he threw. White dictated a 3 step drop, and having a 1-3-5-7 all meant what routes we were running. So if the QB got up to the ball and wanted to stick with the run he would call Blue 22, but if he saw blitz, he could call white 21, meaning he was going to take a 3 step drop, and the slot was run the 1 route, (an up pattern). So yes it is a cadence, but it is used as an audible as well depending on the number and colors in some systems. Our QB always had to throw a Pink 69 into the mix 3 or 4 times during a game.
:lol: :lol:[/quote:iwnclgzn]

I guess what I meant by normal cadence was "black 20" means "the play called in the huddle is what we are going with"...just as "blue 58" means that for Favre. You'll hear those two call that on both running and passing plays.

Pink 69...that is funny. :D

rpmpit
10-08-2009, 10:44 AM
[quote="stlrz d":2cytpnlh]If you saw license plates (or "tags" as they're called in so many places) with "BLACK 20" on them would you know what they were referencing?

What numbers and colors come up on a roulette wheel after I just put all my money on Red 21?[/quote:2cytpnlh]

I was thinking roulette too. Mrs. Armpit's uncle won a Lincoln Continental in Atlantic City years ago playing craps (I guess?? I'm not a big gambler.) and his license plate reads DICE 52.

JTP53609
10-08-2009, 10:56 AM
brown 2 is what most qb's said last year when they saw our defense...referring to the pooping of themselves...

steelblood
10-08-2009, 11:23 AM
He said it on almost every down against san diego.

black twenty

black tw---(and the ball is snapped)

Djfan
10-08-2009, 12:21 PM
brown 2 is what most qb's said last year when they saw our defense...referring to the pooping of themselves...

That's funny.

RuthlessBurgher
10-08-2009, 03:33 PM
There is a website: http://black20.com/