PDA

View Full Version : Ben on Gates

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm watching the replay on NFLN and Ben is talking to a coach after the Gates TD catch in which Ike made a feeble attempt at a tackle.

The coach says, "That guy is the real deal" to which Ben says, "Animal...I remember when he used to play basketball at Kent and he'd come to Miami...we'd heckle the hell out of him but he was good".

So funny to now think of Ben sitting in the stands heckling Gates on the court. :lol:

SteelerNation1
10-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Yep, I was a Golden Flash and Gates was an animal on the court. You could see he was dripping w/ athleticism.

Iron Shiek
10-07-2009, 09:59 PM
I would see several Buckeyes football players at basketball games quite a bit the one season I went to a bunch, but never saw them get too wild.

Ben heckling would be a funny sight, but you couldn't take it too seriously, he was a skinny nerdy looking kid then, no?

JTP53609
10-08-2009, 10:59 AM
I would see several Buckeyes football players at basketball games quite a bit the one season I went to a bunch, but never saw them get too wild.

Ben heckling would be a funny sight, but you couldn't take it too seriously, he was a skinny nerdy looking kid then, no?

in the non gayest way possible, ben was a good looking guy when we drafted him out of college, looked like the typical pretty boy qb, now he looks more like a somebody that would heckle in the stands haha....

feltdizz
10-08-2009, 02:08 PM

in the non gayest way possible, ben was a good looking guy when we drafted him out of college, looked like the typical pretty boy qb, now he looks more like a somebody that would heckle in the stands haha....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3llepgDjVww&feature=related

I tried to embed but I'm not that savvy

Captain Lemming
10-09-2009, 03:48 AM

I watched Ben do that wrestling intro thing because my tivo records anything "Steelers" which was in the show description. Ben looked way too much like someone who "watches wrestling" regularly the other night. He looked way too natural in that environment.

I agree, even in football he looks more like a typical fan than an elite athlete nowadays.

But as long as he wins, he can look like Jabba the hut for all I care.