PDA

View Full Version : I have a bad feeling about this game

Jigawatts
10-07-2009, 08:14 PM
1) Coach LeBeau played for Detroit from 1959-1972. I'm afraid he'll give away our defensive strategy to his former team.

2) Detroit leads the series at home 13-4. The sum of 13 + 4 = 17. Mike Wallace is going
to have a horrible game.

3) Pittsburgh won the most recent match up 35-21. Detroit is due for a win.

4) Sometimes you call tails, the coin lands on tails, and you still lose the toss.

5) The Steelers are 0-1 in the NFC North during the Tomlin era. He just doesn't know how to handle the NFC North teams as well as he can handle a mop.

6) The weather will be a huge factor.

7) Larry Foote will be playing in front of his home town Detroit Persian Doughboys.
"I make dough, but don't call me doughboy."

fordfixer
10-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Did you come up with that on your own or did you have help? :lol:

Jigawatts
10-07-2009, 08:21 PM

Are you calling me a liar? :loser

:lol:

rpmpit
10-07-2009, 08:21 PM
8 I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but I heard that Detroit is Jerome Bettis' hometown. I also heard that he called the Rooney's and convinced them to force Tomlin to start FWP over Mendenhall.

fordfixer
10-07-2009, 08:27 PM

No I just thought maybe you had come up with this after you hit your head on the sink after you fell off the toilet :lol:

AngryAsian
10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we not win a pretty big game the last time we were on that field?

Jigawatts
10-07-2009, 08:49 PM

No I just thought maybe you had come up with this after you hit your head on the sink after you fell off the toilet :lol:

No, last time I fell off the toilet, I just forgot why I was standing on the toilet.
The experience didn't inspire me at all. :lol:

Actually, I have two forms of inspiration for this thread that I think I'll be doing every week.

1) The poster formerly known as tommiesteel with his "I have a bad feeling" threads.
2) Paps reverse mojo prediction.

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Wasn't there a poster (BigFish or something like that) who used to do a "top 10 reasons why we'll lose this week" thread...or something along those lines?

Jigawatts
10-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Wasn't there a poster (BigFish or something like that) who used to do a "top 10 reasons why we'll lose this week" thread...or something along those lines?

Ah yes, bigeyedfish.

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 09:02 PM

Ah yes, bigeyedfish.

That's it! :lol: Same name as a Dave Matthews song.

eniparadoxgma
10-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Might be a hint of bigeyefish (who apparently is on another Steelers site getting ripped for his postings by people that don't *get it*...still) but the thread title is all tomiesteel.

Thanks for bringing that guy back to my cranium. :x

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Might be a hint of bigeyefish (who apparently is on another Steelers site getting ripped for his postings by people that don't *get it*...still) but the thread title is all tomiesteel.

Here comes another one (http://www.techcomedy.com/users/user_info.htm?nick=teeceemadison)! :D

So if you know where BEF is you should get him over here...I always dug those top 10 threads! :lol:

feelthesteel
10-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Start Batch!!

man if we lose this one then im gonna be very bummed for awhile.

Iron Shiek
10-07-2009, 10:03 PM
[quote="stlrz d":45fjqdku]Wasn't there a poster (BigFish or something like that) who used to do a "top 10 reasons why we'll lose this week" thread...or something along those lines?

Ah yes, bigeyedfish.

That's it! :lol: Same name as a Dave Matthews song.[/quote:45fjqdku]

I've seen a very good live performance of this song actually.

As for the thread, those were great because you could really see how the trolls or naysayers really think, it was more insightful than a typical "we suck" or sky is falling thread.

sd steel
10-07-2009, 10:25 PM
1) Coach LeBeau played for Detroit from 1959-1972. I'm afraid he'll give away our defensive strategy to his former team.

2) Detroit leads the series at home 13-4. The sum of 13 + 4 = 17. Mike Wallace is going
to have a horrible game.

4) Sometimes you call tails, the coin lands on tails, and you still lose the toss.

5) The Steelers are 0-1 in the NFC North during the Tomlin era. He just doesn't know how to handle the NFC North teams as well as he can handle a mop.

7) Larry Foote will be playing in front of his home town Detroit Persian Doughboys.

I know "Persian" would make sense being that Detroit is known for it's large Iraqi population, but I think it is the Detroit Pershing Doughboys, if I'm not mistaken.

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 10:30 PM
[quote=Jigawatts][quote="stlrz d":39fx9keu]Wasn't there a poster (BigFish or something like that) who used to do a "top 10 reasons why we'll lose this week" thread...or something along those lines?

Ah yes, bigeyedfish.

That's it! :lol: Same name as a Dave Matthews song.[/quote:39fx9keu]

I've seen a very good live performance of this song actually.

As for the thread, those were great because you could really see how the trolls or naysayers really think, it was more insightful than a typical "we suck" or sky is falling thread.[/quote:39fx9keu]

http://media.podhoster.com/thatradio/images/bigstockphoto_hammer_striking_nail_w_sparks_333329 .jpg

Flasteel
10-07-2009, 11:01 PM

to have a horrible game.

Jigariffic!!

papillon
10-07-2009, 11:25 PM

No, last time I fell off the toilet, I just forgot why I was standing on the toilet.
The experience didn't inspire me at all. :lol:

Actually, I have two forms of inspiration for this thread that I think I'll be doing every week.

1) The poster formerly known as tommiesteel with his "I have a bad feeling" threads.
2) Paps reverse mojo prediction.

What is this reverse mojo you speak of? :wink: :P

Pappy

Jigawatts
10-08-2009, 04:42 AM

to have a horrible game.

I know "Persian" would make sense being that Detroit is known for it's large Iraqi population, but I think it is the Detroit Pershing Doughboys, if I'm not mistaken.

:oops: Should have looked that one up. :lol:

fezziwig
10-08-2009, 08:07 AM
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Steelers went up there and lost. Detroit plays hard, they want to feel good about going up against last years Super Bowl champs, our defense is a shell of what they used to be and you never know about a BA offense.

papillon
10-08-2009, 09:24 AM
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Steelers went up there and lost. Detroit plays hard, they want to feel good about going up against last years Super Bowl champs, our defense is a shell of what they used to be and you never know about a BA offense.

I disagree 100% we know exactly what we get with this year's offense based on the first 4 games. They are good, very good and should put up points easily. The question is whether or not the defense can play for 60 minutes.

Pappy

JTP53609
10-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Here comes another one (http://www.techcomedy.com/users/user_info.htm?nick=teeceemadison)! :D

So if you know where BEF is you should get him over here...I always dug those top 10 threads! :lol:

i used to be on that other site and purposly got kicked off because they were complete idiots on that site, so rude and stuck up, i used to like his top 10's but evereyone else hated it, I wish I would of known of this site a long time ago...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-08-2009, 02:32 PM

6 other patients at the institution helped him. :lol: :lol:

Sorry Jiga

Jigawatts
10-08-2009, 04:02 PM

Sorry Jiga

I have my own room, so nobody helped. :wink:

I forgot to mention one of my concerns...

Our defense has a history of making rookie Qb's look good. :cry:

RuthlessBurgher
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM

Sorry Jiga

I have my own room, so nobody helped. :wink:

I forgot to mention one of my concerns...

Our defense has a history of making rookie Qb's look good. :cry:

Stafford may look good standing on the sideline due to his knee subluxation.

But I expect our defense to make Daunte Culpepper look like, well...Daunte Culpepper. :lol:

frankthetank1
10-08-2009, 04:46 PM

you wouldnt be surprised if the steelers lost? i would be shocked. i have only seen the lions saints game week 1 but they do look better than last season but i would still say they are a bad team. if the defense contains calvin johnson and kevin jones then they wont do anything on offense. the way the offense has played so far this season they should have a huge game on the ground and passing.

fezziwig
10-08-2009, 10:01 PM

you wouldnt be surprised if the steelers lost? i would be shocked. i have only seen the lions saints game week 1 but they do look better than last season but i would still say they are a bad team. if the defense contains calvin johnson and kevin jones then they wont do anything on offense. the way the offense has played so far this season they should have a huge game on the ground and passing.

I'm a firm believer that anything is possible in the NFL.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Start Batch!!

man if we lose this one then im gonna be very bummed for awhile.

I heard we only signed Batch for the info he could give us this game on his old team.

Will that Steelers FO stop at nothing to steal a win? :lol: