View Full Version : Ike Redman resigned to PS

steelerkeylargo
10-07-2009, 07:28 PM
as expected!! :tt1

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Ike?

Glad no one picked him up.

I never saw the answer to that question from the other post - if another team had picked him up, could they have put him on their PS, or would they have had to make room on their 53-man roster?

Eddie Spaghetti
10-07-2009, 07:41 PM
figured this would happen. the amount of hype this guy has gotten out of some practice performances is mind boggling. hopefully this will slow the lovefest down a little.

he's a nice developmental running back.

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Ike?

Glad no one picked him up.

I never saw the answer to that question from the other post - if another team had picked him up, could they have put him on their PS, or would they have had to make room on their 53-man roster?

Can't go from one team's PS to another team's PS...but since he was waived I believe he could be claimed and put on another team's PS.

steelerkeylargo
10-08-2009, 01:04 AM
on a related note the Raiders signed Gary Russell today.

Oviedo
10-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Don't be surprised if we see another Redman-Eason switch before game time. Looks like FWP won't be able to go again this weekend.

If Redman is activated it is only for an extreme emergency. Carey Davis will get a carry before he does.

LouSteel
10-08-2009, 10:18 AM
As I understand it, the mechanics are as follows:

We released him from the roster, and offered him a position on the PS. Any other NFL team could've offered him a PS spot as well -- once Carolina cut Sonny Harris, we offered him a PS position. The player can chose where to land. Redman chose the Steelers PS, or no one else offered him a PS spot.

Now that he's on the Steelers PS, we can call him up and release him as we want. Any other team can make a claim to him, but they are required to keep him on the active roster for 3 games.