PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I've always been all about defense. I've always preferred defense over offense and when I played, I played defense (OLB in HS & Safety in college). Great defense gets me more excited than great offense always.

When I was in HS I received a Terry Bradshaw "jersey" (it was a shirt that looked like a jersey) as a gift...didn't actually pay for it myself. We had a house fire and lost everything. When we went to the local thrift store (located in a WI town of 600 people) to get some temporary clothing...well, believe it or not that same "jersey" was there...so bizarre! Again, did not pay for it myself.

Anyway, that's the only "jersey" I've ever owned from the O side of the ball. I bought a black Kirkland jersey years ago, and in '05 bought a black Troy jersey. I've always been tempted to buy a Ward jersey but just couldn't bring myself to do it...because he plays offense you see.

Well after seeing what our QB has done for us, and after having seen him play in person for the first time ever on Sunday night (he was out when I saw them in GB in '05 and Batch played instead) I had to do it.

http://www.jersey101.com/en/product_det ... proid=4563 (http://www.jersey101.com/en/product_details.asp?proid=4563)

That $38 includes shipping.

I feel kind of dirty for going offense.... :oops:

MeetJoeGreene
10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Good job.

But I always kind of thought that you swung both ways.....

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Good job.

Only if Trai Essex is involved. :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
10-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Good job.

There's some imagery that no one wants in their head......

rpmpit
10-07-2009, 02:02 PM
I've always been all about defense. I've always preferred defense over offense and when I played, I played defense (OLB in HS & Safety in college). Great defense gets me more excited than great offense always.

When I was in HS I received a Terry Bradshaw "jersey" (it was a shirt that looked like a jersey) as a gift...didn't actually pay for it myself. We had a house fire and lost everything. When we went to the local thrift store (located in a WI town of 600 people) to get some temporary clothing...well, believe it or not that same "jersey" was there...so bizarre! Again, did not pay for it myself.

Anyway, that's the only "jersey" I've ever owned from the O side of the ball. I bought a black Kirkland jersey years ago, and in '05 bought a black Troy jersey. I've always been tempted to buy a Ward jersey but just couldn't bring myself to do it...because he plays offense you see.

Well after seeing what our QB has done for us, and after having seen him play in person for the first time ever on Sunday night (he was out when I saw them in GB in '05 and Batch played instead) I had to do it.

http://www.jersey101.com/en/product_det ... proid=4563 (http://www.jersey101.com/en/product_details.asp?proid=4563)

Don't feel bad. Ben plays offense like a crazed linebacker so its all good!!!

d, have you ever ordered from jersey101 before? My buddy told me about them just last week. He said one of his coworkers ordered from them and he was waiting to see what the thing looked like before he ordered anything himself.

SteelHead
10-07-2009, 02:16 PM
At one time I felt the same way.....there's just nothing like the feeling you get seeing a dominant defense impose their will. However in my opinion watching Ben play quarterback is about exciting as it gets.

NC Steeler Fan
10-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm getting a custom #86 jersey one day that says:

"Mrs. Ward"

SteelerNation1
10-07-2009, 02:31 PM
I feel kind of dirty :oops:
You should feel dirty the way you talked about the poor girl w/ the pink pants! :D

SteelerNation1
10-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Good job.

ROFLMAO!

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2009, 02:36 PM
You just wait, D. Next jersey for you will be a Jeff Reed. :)

JTP53609
10-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Good job.

i hope nobody is balemic because this will make them throw up in addition to thier normal throwing up

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm getting a custom #86 jersey one day that says:

"Mrs. Ward"

I'm going to tell Mrs. Asian that it was probably a good thing that you were not able attend the Tailgate, since there were many a lady who were curious about our friendly neighborhood Hines Clone. :x :lol:

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 04:29 PM

Don't feel bad. Ben plays offense like a crazed linebacker so its all good!!!

d, have you ever ordered from jersey101 before? My buddy told me about them just last week. He said one of his coworkers ordered from them and he was waiting to see what the thing looked like before he ordered anything himself.

A guy I work with ordered 3 of them (of all different teams) and they all look great.

I feel kind of dirty :oops:
You should feel dirty the way you talked about the poor girl w/ the pink pants! :D

I posted the pic in the tailgate thread so you could get it to Angelo. She's dirty! :lol:

Good job.

ROFLMAO!

I was hoping you'd see that! :D

frankthetank1
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
thats funny d im the same way. i played both wr and cb in hs but perferred playing defense much more. i got a hines jersey a couple years ago but it was my first jersey from the offensive side. the next jersey i get will definetly be #7. not only have i always enjoyed watching and playing defense more than offense, i have always hated qb's. i will say some that is probably due to the steelers never having a good qb since i have been watching until they drafted ben. a lot of it is because most qb's are pretty boy pansy a$$'s like romo and brady. ben is one tough sob so it makes it justifiable buying a qb jersey

Flasteel
10-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm not trying to call anyone gay or anything, but the whole deal about wearing a jersey with some other dude's name drapped across your back is well...kind of gay. :P

Yeah, I admit to buying jerseys in the past, but the last one I owned was a Kordell jersey circa 1998. These days, I'm rockin' a camo fatigue top with Steeler, NFL, & Super Bowl patches sewn on...it's pretty cool despite being homemade.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-07-2009, 05:35 PM
I owned a Kreider jersey and was very proud of it. Upon his being let go by Arians :HeadBanger I had to choose a new one. I didn't want to get one that everyone else had. I used to get compliments out the wazoo when I wore the Kreider down to Heinz Field. But, upon entering the store I saw the Roethlisberger throwback and decided that was the one.

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm not trying to call anyone gay or anything, but the whole deal about wearing a jersey with some other dude's name drapped across your back is well...kind of gay. :P

Yeah, I admit to buying jerseys in the past, but the last one I owned was a Kordell jersey circa 1998. These days, I'm rockin' a camo fatigue top with Steeler, NFL, & Super Bowl patches sewn on...it's pretty cool despite being homemade.

While we are on it . . . buying a jersey and having your last name put on the back is , um, very gay

NKySteeler
10-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Looks good, man!..... I've been contemplating ordering a few more (I have probably 10-12 jerseys), and maybe I'll use this site if my "source" dries-up.... :wink:

Flasteel
10-07-2009, 05:56 PM

While we are on it . . . buying a jersey and having your last name put on the back is , um, very gay

Agreed.

And I also recognize the problem alluded to by Mr. Pitt. (inadvertant Seinfeld reference) From Bubby Brister, to Rod Woodson, to Barry Foster, I had to keep retiring my jersey every time one of these guys left.

NKySteeler
10-07-2009, 05:58 PM

Guess I'm gay.... (and yea, several folks on here might call me worse than that... Ha Ha!) ... Because I have an "87" away jersey with my own name on it.... I was ticked after we dumped Bruener, so I put my own on it.... Sorry.

Les 74
10-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Guess I'm gay.... (and yea, several folks on here might call me worse than that... Ha Ha!) ... Because I have an "87" away jersey with my own name on it.... I was ticked after we dumped Bruener, so I put my own on it.... Sorry.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll just let this go by the wayside.

NW Steeler
10-07-2009, 06:44 PM

I'd like to see Woodley or Timmons make ONE PLAY like those in your sig sometime soon!

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2009, 06:53 PM

Agreed.

And I also recognize the problem alluded to by Mr. Pitt. (inadvertant Seinfeld reference) From Bubby Brister, to Rod Woodson, to Barry Foster, I had to keep retiring my jersey every time one of these guys left.

That is why a lot of guys opt for a Lambert, Greene, Blount, etc. jersey instead of guys on the current team, since those HOFers will be Steelers forever. You can wear them to a game and not feel out of place (plus the block numbers are a bonus). I saw a Dirt Dawson jersey at Heinz this weekend. Cool.

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 07:15 PM

Agreed.

That is why a lot of guys opt for a Lambert, Greene, Blount, etc. jersey instead of guys on the current team, since those HOFers will be Steelers forever. You can wear them to a game and not feel out of place (plus the block numbers are a bonus). I saw a Dirt Dawson jersey at Heinz this weekend. Cool.

Saw a Dungy 21 home jersey this weekend.

Flasteel
10-07-2009, 07:30 PM

That might be the gayest thing I've ever heard of. Did you get an iron-on rainbow patch for the sleeve? :P

Sorry Les, I couldn't let it slide. You two yahoos don't show up here enough to get your regular beatin's

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2009, 07:50 PM

Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh, but I still think it's kinda wierd. And I vowed to never buy another actve players jersey again after I was burned by Jason Gilden, Kendrell Bell, and Rod Woodson . . . but then I went out and bought a Troy jersey. And I get the sneeking thought that my next jersey is going to be Ben's. But I would love to get a lambert jersey. Bleir would be kinda cool too.

Jigawatts
10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
At the game, I saw a guy with a black 88 jersey customized with the name OchoOcho.

That's disposable income at its worst.

AngryAsian
10-07-2009, 09:12 PM
At 43 years old, I have practically eradicated most vices (no women, no drugs, no smoking, and an occasional drink). If honoring a favorite player by wearing their jersey is gay, so be it. Everybody has their own perspective... plus my daughter absolutely treasures Sundays when we can rock our matching jerseys. :tt1

eniparadoxgma
10-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I owned a Kreider jersey and was very proud of it. Upon his being let go by Arians :HeadBanger I had to choose a new one. I didn't want to get one that everyone else had. I used to get compliments out the wazoo when I wore the Kreider down to Heinz Field. But, upon entering the store I saw the Roethlisberger throwback and decided that was the one.

Bah. I'd still be rockin a Kreider jersey if I had one. He may not be on the level of Lambert, Greene, etc but I liked 'em enough to keep wearing it...unless he went to play for the Bungles or something.

I have a few jerseys, so piss off FLA. :tt2

bostonsteeler
10-07-2009, 10:30 PM
At the game, I saw a guy with a black 88 jersey customized with the name OchoOcho.

That's disposable income at its worst.

That's fscking brilliant! :Bow

I wouldn't mid a siete or an ochoseis or even a nuevedos
After last week tresquattro is beginning to look good!

Flasteel
10-07-2009, 10:50 PM

Bah. I'd still be rockin a Kreider jersey if I had one. He may not be on the level of Lambert, Greene, etc but I liked 'em enough to keep wearing it...unless he went to play for the Bungles or something.

Fag.

fordfixer
10-08-2009, 12:11 AM

Welcome back Nky and les :tt1

eniparadoxgma
10-08-2009, 03:57 AM

Fag.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7744/1254648865405.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/i/1254648865405.jpg/)

rpmpit
10-08-2009, 07:45 AM
At 43 years old, I have practically eradicated most vices (no women, no drugs, no smoking, and an occasional drink). If honoring a favorite player by wearing their jersey is gay, so be it. Everybody has their own perspective... plus my daughter absolutely treasures Sundays when we can rock our matching jerseys. :tt1

I guess I must be gay too. Anyone got a problem with that? :twisted: :lol:

costanza2k1
10-08-2009, 08:27 AM

Let me know how that jersey turns out...been thinking about getting a throwback Bettis one.

Les 74
10-08-2009, 09:03 AM

Welcome back Nky and les :tt1

Thanks,man.Needed someplace to post after getting banned by douchebag #1.

RKSteel
10-08-2009, 09:27 AM
If your jersey has a sewn on name patch on the back, it can be removed. You need a small pen knife and some patience, but the stiching can be cut, then its just glue holding the patch.

My buddy is a Giants fan who had a Tiki Barber jersey, he took off Barber's name from the jersey after he threw the Gman under the bus. He just removed Gildeon's name from an old jersey I had.

So now I have an away 92 jersey w/ no name. Not gay. :D

stlrz d
10-08-2009, 10:56 AM

Let me know how that jersey turns out...been thinking about getting a throwback Bettis one.

Will do! :)

costanza2k1
10-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Jersey come in yet?

stlrz d
10-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Patience! I was just emailed the tracking number yesterday and it takes 7-15 days they said.

It's coming from Hong Kong...Asian, do you know anyone over there who can help expedite the process? :x :lol:

stlrz d
10-17-2009, 01:04 PM
According to the tracking number my Ben jersey left Hong Kong yesterday...so I should have it sometime this week!

:tt2

eniparadoxgma
10-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Fwiw, I bought a Lambert jersey on Ebay a few years ago. I believe it was from Hong Kong or thereabouts (really didn't know any better at the time).

And...it's a piece of crap. That's just my experience. YMMV.

stlrz d
10-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Fwiw, I bought a Lambert jersey on Ebay a few years ago. I believe it was from Hong Kong or thereabouts (really didn't know any better at the time).

And...it's a piece of crap. That's just my experience. YMMV.

A guy I work with has purchased several from jersey101.com and they all look 100% authentic...very good quality. That's why I took the chance. $38 including shipping is tough to pass up!