PDA

View Full Version : pittsburgh named No. 1sports city in sporting news for 2009

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09280/1003613-100.stm

http://www.sportingnews.com/images/145114/article.jpeg

JTP53609
10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
we are the best....espn should really think about making a website for us, i know that boston, chigago, new york and dallas have their own espn.com page, but the city of champs don't hmmmm, screw those tools

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2009, 12:59 PM
we are the best....espn should really think about making a website for us, i know that boston, chigago, new york and dallas have their own espn.com page, but the city of champs don't hmmmm, screw those tools

I can't imagine it's very far away. They aren't making these sites for the public in mind, they want hits, which will lead to advertising. And they KNOW a site devoted to Pittsburgh sports will get them the hits that they need.

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm not from the Burgh so I can't take any pride in that award, but seriously...on my drive home I was thinking about "best sports city" and Pittsburgh really does strike me as the city that best fits that bill. To see a city of that size (including metro area) have so many people dressed in black and gold (even if many of them were in Pens gear) on game day really is saying something about the support for their sports teams.

JTP53609
10-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm not from the Burgh so I can't take any pride in that award, but seriously...on my drive home I was thinking about "best sports city" and Pittsburgh really does strike me as the city that best fits that bill. To see a city of that size (including metro area) have so many people dressed in black and gold (even if many of them were in Pens gear) on game day really is saying something about the support for their sports teams.

it is indeed a sight to see when i come home every few weeks, everyone including myself has on black and gold on the weekends,
i still wear my pirate shirts and wear the bucco cap, us yinzers love the pirates, if they turn it around than our city will be the best sports city for a longggg time

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2009, 01:55 PM

We have the FOX Sports Pittsburgh channel on T.V., but the network execs essentially neutered that by cutting out quality live programming like Savran on SportsBeat. If it weren't for Penguins games, there would be no reason for me to turn on that station anymore (I ain't watching re-runs of Best D@mn Top 50 episodes when I should be hearing "Stan, Love the Show" instead).

SteelBucks
10-07-2009, 02:30 PM

We have the FOX Sports Pittsburgh channel on T.V., but the network execs essentially neutered that by cutting out quality live programming like Savran on SportsBeat. If it weren't for Penguins games, there would be no reason for me to turn on that station anymore (I ain't watching re-runs of Best D@mn Top 50 episodes when I should be hearing "Stan, Love the Show" instead).

:Agree

I still can't believe they got rid of Savran on SportsBeat. By habit I turn to channel 659 at 6:30 only to find an "In My Own Words" program on. :x

JTP53609
10-07-2009, 02:37 PM

i know, one day i got home and turned on fox sports pittsburgh, it was an episode of one of the top 50's, than at the top of the hour the exact same episode was on, i dont get it, why pull quality programing in favor of repeats that involve some guy getting hit in the nuts over and over again,

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2009, 04:08 PM

i know, one day i got home and turned on fox sports pittsburgh, it was an episode of one of the top 50's, than at the top of the hour the exact same episode was on, i dont get it, why pull quality programing in favor of repeats that involve some guy getting hit in the nuts over and over again,

Anything to save a buck (and alienate true fans in the process). Morons.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
I was just getting all pissed off this weekend, with Boston TV this, Boston that, f* 'em I said. Then I read this - fantastic!!

Though, being from the NYC, I can't claim the same pride as you homer yinzers, I did go to college there when we were winning 4 Superbowls, and once had to run out the back door of Allie's bar to escape the Oakland cops, and had more experiences with hoagers from Chatham than I want to remember (or can remember), so I feel proud of the 'burgh nonetheless!

frankthetank1
10-07-2009, 07:50 PM

:Agree

I still can't believe they got rid of Savran on SportsBeat. By habit I turn to channel 659 at 6:30 only to find an "In My Own Words" program on. :x

i was so dissapointed they got rid of sportsbeat. i cant imagine why they did it. i dont live in the burgh but i ordered the fox sports package on directv for football season just for sportsbeat. im definetly going to cancel after my 30 days are up