PDA

View Full Version : OT: Braylon Edwards traded to Jets

costanza2k1
10-07-2009, 08:32 AM
The Cleveland Browns traded Braylon Edwards to the New York Jets on Wednesday morning according to a league source, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538498

frankthetank1
10-07-2009, 09:03 AM
wow wonder what the stains got for him. i heard he got into a fight at a club so he may get suspended a game. why would the jets want edwards?

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2009, 09:05 AM
They got a special teams player and draft pick(s)

Djfan
10-07-2009, 09:06 AM
wow wonder what the stains got for him. i heard he got into a fight at a club so he may get suspended a game. why would the jets want edwards?

He has talent, and they thought they could get him for a scrub? The Stains are a very lame organization. You wonder who over there knows what football is. So, don't try too hard to make sense of this.

frankthetank1
10-07-2009, 09:09 AM

He has talent, and they thought they could get him for a scrub? The Stains are a very lame organization. You wonder who over there knows what football is. So, don't try too hard to make sense of this.

edwards is such an a$$ though. the jets are winning i dont know why they would make a move like this in week 5. im sure they didnt give up much but still. i think edwards is pretty over rated anyways. he has bad bad hands

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2009, 09:09 AM

He has talent, and they got him for a scrub. The Stains are a very lame organization. You wonder who over there knows what football is. So, don't try too hard to make sense of this.
Fixed. I would normally say this is addition by subtraction, but Cleveland needs talent.

frankthetank1
10-07-2009, 09:22 AM

He has talent, and they got him for a scrub. The Stains are a very lame organization. You wonder who over there knows what football is. So, don't try too hard to make sense of this.
Fixed. I would normally say this is addition by subtraction, but Cleveland needs talent.

chansi stuckey is an ok wr. not a bad trade for the stains. better to get stuckey and a draft pick rather than nothing and they got rid of a head case.

JTP53609
10-07-2009, 09:43 AM
i really hate the jets, they are making a case to crack my hated top 5, other than the pats, cowboys and colts, the jets seem to get alot of love, they went 3-0 to start and it was shoved down our throats, we will see where they sit by late november, the "experts" will be off the bandwagon when they are 5-5....same with philly, what have they won that makes the media love them so much...

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2009, 09:46 AM

According to USA Today, it's WR Chansi Stuckey, LB Jason Trusnik and undisclosed draft picks.

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2009, 09:57 AM

According to USA Today, it's WR Chansi Stuckey, LB Jason Trusnik and undisclosed draft picks.

I was reading one of the first alerts that came over. They didn't list Stucky and Trusnik was the special teams player they mentioned.

Oviedo
10-07-2009, 10:15 AM

If the Browns got a 3rd Round pick or better they definitely got the better part of this deal.

If Edwards couldn't handle the pressure in Cleveland he will be a bowl of quivering jello in NY by week #10.

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Although Edwards has had a bad case of the dropsies (Nate + Sweed = Edwards lately), he showed enough a couple of years ago (the last time that the Browns had a stable QB situation), that he could be an elite talent (80 catches for 1,289 yards and 16 TD's).

With a steady, up-and-coming QB like Sanchez, a quality 2nd WR opposite him in Jerricho Cotchery, a solid TE in Dustin Keller, legit RB options like Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, and Shonn Greene, plus a strong o-line featuring the likes of Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, and Woody...he may be able to return to his old ways.

Cleveland has a knack for sucking the will to live out of guys...perhaps he has a rebirth on a team that will have actual talent around him.

ANPSTEEL
10-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Although Edwards has had a bad case of the dropsies (Nate + Sweed = Edwards lately), he showed enough a couple of years ago (the last time that the Browns had a stable QB situation), that he could be an elite talent (80 catches for 1,289 yards and 16 TD's).

With a steady, up-and-coming QB like Sanchez, a quality 2nd WR opposite him in Jerricho Cotchery, a solid TE in Dustin Keller, legit RB options like Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, and Shonn Greene, plus a strong o-line featuring the likes of Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, and Woody...he may be able to return to his old ways.

Cleveland has a knack for sucking the will to live out of guys...perhaps he has a rebirth on a team that will have actual talent around him.
:Agree

Jom112
10-07-2009, 10:48 AM

I hear it's WR Chansi Stuckey, LB Jason Trusnik a 3rd round pick and a 5th round pick.

Not sure what the Browns are gonna do with more draft picks other than to send them to the Cowboys for more hopeless QB's...

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 11:59 AM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/browns-mascot.jpg

By the way, they predicted this on the Ohio State Turnpike on Monday...took this pic on my way home. :D

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/Tailgate%20and%20HoF/brownshalfoff-1.jpg

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2009, 12:03 PM

By the way, they predicted this on the Ohio State Turnpike on Monday...took this pic on my way home. :D

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/Tailgate%20and%20HoF/brownshalfoff-1.jpg

Sure that wasn't their "end of season sale" and the Edwards jersey wasn't just a coinkidink?
:brownssuck

Jom112
10-07-2009, 02:28 PM
BTW, the 3rd round pick could turn into a 2nd round pick if Edwards catches...

Nevermind...

aggiebones
10-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Edwards tore his ACL in 2005. Though he has come back form that, at what level? Normally a guy states tailing off after something that drastic, unless he is a strong professional that works out and trains in his craft. How is Edwards work eithic?

I wrote a Jets fan today that was so excited he had to change his shorts.

I told him that Edwards would be gone by the time they started their ascent as a team. I think its a wasted trade and the Jets would do more with the picks in the long run. Even use that 3rd rounder to move up in the draft next year and get a top 15 WR in the draft. Would you rather have a damaged disgruntled Edwards or a top 15 WR in next season's draft. (I speculated that they would be picking 24 +/- 3 spots)

Cleveland would have lost him after this season, so they did pretty well. Stuckey isn't a bad WR and I'm sure Mangina liked the STs guy. Probably a good work ethic guy.

fordfixer
10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
My question is what did Chansi Stuckey,and Jason Trusnik do to deserve being sent to the Browns?

Jigawatts
10-07-2009, 08:17 PM
My question is what did Chansi Stuckey,and Jason Trusnik do to deserve being sent to the Browns?

Playing football in the NFL is like winning the lottery.

Playing for the browns is like tearing up the winning ticket.

fordfixer
10-07-2009, 08:19 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vindrow
10-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Man, how would you like to be Stucky and called into the Jets office and told that they just traded you to Cleveland..I can only imagine Stucky's reaction :moon :brownssuck

Iron Shiek
10-07-2009, 10:08 PM
I really don't see Braylon getting back to his ways as someone said might happen earlier in this thread. He is one of many targets, instead of the main target. Granted it could open things up for him a bit, but the Jets are a far more conservative offense than the Browns mainly for the fact that they are usually winning and not having to throw the ball all day. With a rookie qb, I don't see them opening up the offense enough to make Braylon a big enough target to score 16 tds again. He could help, but I don't expect huge things from him there.

buckeyehoppy
10-08-2009, 12:06 AM

Priceless pic! The Tribe jersey was prolly a Cliff Lee original. The Clowns jersey...prolly useful if the restroom ran out of toilet paper.

BTW, there was a Braying Edwards sighting in Cleveland tonight: he was supposed to be in NY by now but he couldn't catch a flight. :moon :moon :moon

Iron Shiek
10-08-2009, 12:19 AM
My cousin texted me a good one today:

Braylon Edwards signed to play in New York? I guess they needed someone to drop the ball this New Year.

:D