PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Davis....

Chadman
10-06-2009, 07:55 PM
has signed with the Pats as per his facebook status...

NKySteeler
10-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I always liked Bruce Davis even though he didn't make the cut with us... I do think he will pan-out in the future.

Oviedo
10-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Next Mike Vrabel?

Shoe
10-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Next Mike Vrabel?

That's an interesting parallel Oviedo. Like Vrabel, Davis is/was a highly productive college player who, even when we let them go, I thought they had a lot of football in them.

It bears watching. (I hope not. :wink: )

pfelix73
10-06-2009, 09:34 PM
He's not even close to being in Vrabel's league. Maybe they'll pick up Alonzo Jackson while their at it.

:tt1

Shoe
10-06-2009, 10:01 PM
He's not even close to being in Vrabel's league. Maybe they'll pick up Alonzo Jackson while their at it.

Can you loan me your crystal ball, for my trips to Vegas?

:wft

Of course he isn't in "Vrabel's league" ...right this minute. In 1997, Vrabel was no Jason Gildon either. And James Harrison was no Clark Haggans in 2002. And Greg Lloyd was no... well, never mind. Greg Lloyd was always whatever he wanted to be. :wink:

pfelix73
10-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Vrabel, if I remember correctly, got on the field during Steeler games and showed he could play in the NFL. Wasn't bad while he was with us. Meanwhile, Mr. Davis has been in the league for 3 years now and I heard thru the locla media that he was totally lost on what his assignments were, etc. Unless he has a complete recovery and is enlightened (which I guess is possible under the great Belichick) Mr. Davis will be selling auto insurance before long. GEICO is hiring.

Maybe he can get a head start at that new profession and then next year he can teach Mr. Sweed how to make it in that industry. No catching experience necessary.

fezziwig
10-06-2009, 11:40 PM
I was not happy when we let Vrabel go. Vrabel always made something happen when he had his opportunities on the field. If you don't beleive me, look over his career with the Cheats.

I don't see anything in Davis that even suggest he is Vrabel material. Just my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

phillyesq
10-06-2009, 11:45 PM
I was not happy when we let Vrabel go. Vrabel always made something happen when he had his opportunities on the field. If you don't beleive me, look over his career with the Cheats.

I don't see anything in Davis that even suggest he is Vrabel material. Just my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Exactly.

Vrabel showed flashed with the Steelers and made some plays. Davis never showed anything. He couldn't even beat out Bailey and Woods on special teams. After he was cut this year, even the Steelers, the team that drafted him in the third round a year before, didn't deem him worthy of a spot on the practice squad.

Davis never showed anything to demonstrate that he was worthy of a roster spot, even in preseason. Let the * have him.

steelblood
10-07-2009, 07:57 AM
I don't think Vrabel was cut. He played out his rookie contract. We just didn't have a starting role available for him.

Davis was cut because he was underperforming.

JTP53609
10-07-2009, 08:19 AM
i remember vrabel making a big sack at the end of the 1997 playoff game against the pats (ironic) he played for us in key roles, bruce davis served gatorade, no similarities

frankthetank1
10-07-2009, 09:05 AM
i remember vrabel making a big sack at the end of the 1997 playoff game against the pats (ironic) he played for us in key roles, bruce davis served gatorade, no similarities

i remember that play. he forced a fumble to on bledsoe. the steelers had no place to put him in the defense so i really wasnt too disapointed when they let him go

Shoe
10-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Meanwhile, Mr. Davis has been in the league for 3 years now...

Bruce Davis was picked in the same draft as Mendenhall. He has been in the year one year. Not three.

Look, I'm not saying he's the next anybody... I happened to think the Vrabel comparison was neat, and commented it... that's all.

Discipline of Steel
10-07-2009, 07:34 PM

Bruce Davis was picked in the same draft as Mendenhall. He has been in the year one year. Not three.

Look, I'm not saying he's the next anybody... I happened to think the Vrabel comparison was neat, and commented it... that's all.

True, he may end up sacking Ruthless in the AFCCG. Until then, Im going to trust the evaluation ability of our Super Bowl winning Coach Tomlin. Pats prob picked him up just to pick his brain...

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 08:55 PM

True, he may end up sacking Ruthless in the AFCCG. Until then, Im going to trust the evaluation ability of our Super Bowl winning Coach Tomlin. Pats prob picked him up just to pick his brain...

Nah, they're desperate at LB and need bodies.

RuthlessBurgher
10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
True, he may end up sacking Ruthless in the AFCCG.

I don't hold the football as long as Ben does... :P

Discipline of Steel
10-08-2009, 06:14 PM
True, he may end up sacking Ruthless in the AFCCG.

Yeah, but your offensive line totally sux. Even my 86 year old grandmother could sack you with that line :P

RuthlessBurgher
10-08-2009, 06:57 PM
[quote="Discipline of Steel":a4h33jrn]True, he may end up sacking Ruthless in the AFCCG.

Yeah, but your offensive line totally sux. Even my 86 year old grandmother could sack you with that line :P[/quote:a4h33jrn]

Yeah, look at the bums who lined up in front of me. Jiga and SN1 as my tackles, Asian and Shieky as my guards, and some guy who crashed our picture as the center (I bet he's better than Mahan, though). I got stlrz_d and AkronSteel going out for passes, and hoppy as my fullback & MJG (not MJD) as my halfback. My tight end, Skee-Lo, is conveniently were no one can see him, as usual.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetSteelers100409Tailgate010.jpg

Discipline of Steel
10-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Thats a good picture. You have a young OLine, a drifter at center, a Hall of Famer at WR, and a fresh young stud at halfback. That seems vaguely familiar...

One question...why do you have a fullback?