PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the 'new' arrangement of Sun/Mon night games?

snarky
10-06-2009, 10:13 AM
I forget it if this is the third or fourth year of the Sunday night game being on NBC. But I have to say that I am still not adjusted to the 'new' arrangement.

Last night's game aside, generally now the Sunday night game is the bigger game and I find that unless it is the Steelers, I simply can't get as excited about it after (usually) watching the Steelers play earlier in the day. Now this weekend was great because the Steelers were on Sunday night and then there was a 'hyped' game on last night (which turned out to be pretty entertaining).

But I much preferred having the Sunday night game being a bit lesser of a matchup with a bigger game to follow the next day. Mainly because I could usually take or leave the Sunday night game much as I can now usually take or leave the Monday night game.

Not sure if this makes any sense but was just wondering if anybody else agrees with what I am saying (whatever it is...lol).

rpmpit
10-06-2009, 10:26 AM
I hear what you're saying. But I think the bigger problem (and its basically unavoidable) is that the Sun/Mon night schedules are based on a teams success the previous year. Remember the browns were 10-6 a few years back. Then last year they were terrible but got a bunch of primetime games based on the outcome of 2007. So I think its really a crapshoot as to which game (Sun or Mon) will be the better matchup.

I do think the fact that Sun night is an NBC game and Mon night is ESPN is what makes the biggest difference. The Sunday night crew on NBC is always going to be superior to what ESPN can throw together.

papillon
10-06-2009, 11:02 AM
I have actually found that I can't watch the NFL unless the Steelers are playing in the game. The frequency of commercials actually makes the game unbearable to watch. I can tolerate the playoffs, but, a regular season game I haven't watched start to end in years.

Pappy

JTP53609
10-06-2009, 11:03 AM
i hear you too, and i kind of agree, after watching college football and pro football on the weekend, (although i try to get out and do things rather than watch football all day unless it is the steelers) i liked watching bits and pieces of the sunday night games in the past, that way i could watch tv with my wife, and than the monday game was something to look forward to, now the monday games are bland matchups like the 49ers and seahawks...yawn.....

stlrz d
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
So you're suggesting a network schedule a game that people are LESS likely to watch???