PDA

View Full Version : Raw - Big Ben

Mister Pittsburgh
10-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Thought the whole show was pretty funny. I was scared the ring was going to cave in when the Big Show plus our entire line and Ben & Jericho were in there. Imagine if our season ended because our entire offensive line got injured due to a pro wrestling ring caving in.

All in all I thought it was entertaining.

proudpittsburgher
10-06-2009, 08:38 AM
I tuned in for the opening segment, and was pretty excited that Ben came over good on the mic. I have the rest on DVR to watch when I get home. I was really only worried that he would come off an an idiot, like some of the other special guest hosts have. Ben's one cool dude.

JTP53609
10-06-2009, 08:41 AM
i never watched wrestling and i forgot to watch that to see ben last night, but he seems pretty cool on tv shows, did you see him on shaq vs. haha

steelerkeylargo
10-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Trai Essex and darnell Stapleton couldn't look mean or intimidating if their lives depended on it. Biggest lil kid smiles I have ever seen.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-06-2009, 09:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7gfcpZSBys

Mister Pittsburgh
10-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Ben did a great job for someone that doesn't train on the mic.

It was cool they also had commercials during Raw for Ben's website and foundation. They also had one little commercial basically showing how Ben gives police dogs to various police organizations. Definately good publicity and exposure for Ben.

It was a funny show. The Steelers represented well on national TV.

MeetJoeGreene
10-06-2009, 09:21 AM
I saw the beginning... it was good... better than I thought it would

He did get some boos.. and he handled it well saying "We have some Philly fans". I thought that was funny.

I haven't seen the rest yet, but have it on DVR.

papillon
10-06-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm glad they won the game it would have been weird seeing the act after losing to the Chargers.

Pappy

proudpittsburgher
10-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Just saw a collection of Ben's appearences on you tube. The Santino exchange was pretty lame, other than that, good night on the mic for Ben. And the cool part is he actually wasn't all that much smaller than Big Show.

rpmpit
10-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Wow, that was corny. Not a fan of wrestling though. Last time I watched wrestling Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorf was pile driving the Brutus Beefcake :lol:

But yeah, Ben did a good job. And it must have been fun for the o-line. Good stuff.

Do you think Big Show can play center?? :lol:

papillon
10-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Just saw a collection of Ben's appearences on you tube. The Santino exchange was pretty lame, other than that, good night on the mic for Ben. And the cool part is he actually wasn't all that much smaller than Big Show.

Yea, what's 200 pounds or more amongst friends? :P I think The Big Show weighs about 485 ponds or more.

Pappy

proudpittsburgher
10-06-2009, 10:20 AM

Yea, what's 200 pounds or more amongst friends? :P I think The Big Show weighs about 485 ponds or more.

Pappy

:lol: :lol: OK, maybe I should have elaborated more . . . I meant height. Ben wasn't necessarily towered by Show.

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2009, 10:27 AM

Pappy

He'll always be Captain Insano to me. http://tshirtplace.co.uk/images/tshirtplace/captain_insano_shows_no_mercy_t-shirt.jpg

papillon
10-06-2009, 11:16 AM

Pappy

:lol: :lol: OK, maybe I should have elaborated more . . . I meant height. Ben wasn't necessarily towered by Show.

Okay, I'll give you that one at 6'5" tall Ben typically isn't towered over for sure. But, overall he looked small, Big Show is a mountain of a man.

Pappy

NW Steeler
10-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I DVR'd the show and fast forwarded through to all of the "important" parts. Ben did a great job, especially with the Diva Bowl right off the bat! I too thought that the ring was going to collapse when that whole mass of humanity was in there. It looked like the o-line really enjoyed themselves. It was fun to see those guys in that element.

Northern_Blitz
10-06-2009, 11:59 AM
I watched some of it with my wife last night.

We both thought it was funny. But the best part was when my wife turned to me and said, "I think it's funny that Manning does commercials for Oreo, Brady is in GQ, and then you have Ben doing WWF."

Shoe
10-06-2009, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7gfcpZSBys

Thanks JUST-PLAIN-NASTY.
Bigshow is a BIG man. Cuz he even a bit bigger than Starks. No matter what we think of the o-line, it does show that they and the QB are tight, which is a good thing.

stlrz d
10-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I can't believe anyone would watch this crap.

frankthetank1
10-06-2009, 04:23 PM

you and me both. i caught the commercials of been and his charity which was great, but it was followed up with some douche wrestler yelling on the mic and i had to change it ben or no ben. i wish he wouldnt do stuff like this. wrestling is gay. i would much rather him host snl or something cool

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2009, 07:24 AM

People watch dancing with the stars . . . there are a world of interests out there.

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2009, 09:51 AM

I turned it on at one point near the end, because it was Ben and it was in Wilkes-Barre (I take the family to W-B/S Penguins hockey games at Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza regularly). Couldn't last more than 5 minutes, though, since I could feel the brain cells dying even in that short amount of time. Switched back to Favrepalooza in short order.

rpmpit
10-07-2009, 10:07 AM

I turned it on at one point near the end, because it was Ben and it was in Wilkes-Barre (I take the family to W-B/S Penguins hockey games at Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza regularly). Couldn't last more than 5 minutes, though, since I could feel the brain cells dying even in that short amount of time. Switched back to Favrepalooza in short order.

I stopped watching wrestling when I realized it was fake. So figure when I was like 8 or 9 years old. I just don't understand how you can watch a "sporting event" that you know is fake and that the outcome is already determined. Hmmm, must be how Patriots fans feel :lol: :lol:

frankthetank1
10-07-2009, 10:11 AM

I stopped watching wrestling when I realized it was fake. So figure when I was like 8 or 9 years old. I just don't understand how you can watch a "sporting event" that you know is fake and that the outcome is already determined. Hmmm, must be how Patriots fans feel :lol: :lol:

yea me too. i was pretty dissapointed as a kid when i found out it was fake. it must be how pats* fans feel after spygate. i did meet hacksaw jim duggan when i was a kid. he was a really cool guy

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2009, 10:30 AM

yea me too. i was pretty dissapointed as a kid when i found out it was fake. it must be how pats* fans feel after spygate. i did meet hacksaw jim duggan when i was a kid. he was a really cool guy

Since it was all fake, was his 2 X 4 made of Nerf material? :lol:

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/bio/4750282

frankthetank1
10-07-2009, 11:37 AM

Since it was all fake, was his 2 X 4 made of Nerf material? :lol:

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/bio/4750282

haha that is awsome!! yea i use to wonder that because every once in a while he use to give someone a wack with it. unfortunately when he was signing autographs at the local blockbuster by my house he didnt have the 2x4 with him

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I hate to be defending wrestling here, but here goes.

I don't think anyone watches wrestling for the sport aspect of it. It is entertainment, plain and simple. There is a lot of athleticism, but when I set my dvr and watch it later, I hardly ever watch the matches. Most people are in it for the entertainment. Like I said earlier, some people watch dancing with the stars, I wouldn't waste my time. It's pretty much on the same level.