PDA

View Full Version : OT-OFFICIALS PROTECTING BRADY!!!

drprwnap
10-05-2009, 12:01 PM
The NFL is obviously protecting Tom "Pretty Boy" Brady. How many of you saw the call where Suggs (I think) BRUSHED BY Brady's knees? Un-f'en-believalbe! It didn't appear that Suggs was going for his knees. It was a continuation of the play. Pretty Boy doesn't even go down but starts pointing and calling for the flag (which he got). In a prevous game (I can't remember against who) "PB" gets pushed in the back, doesn't go down and gets another call.
If this is the way the refs are going to call the game, you might as well hit "PB". You gonna get a flag anyway, might as well be worth it.

ikestops85
10-05-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm not a big Rodney Harrison fan but he called Marsha out on this one. Said he should wear a dress if he wants calls like that one. It was pretty funny.

As a side note -- I hated this game because I couldn't root for either team.

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 12:06 PM
in all fairness, he was hit in the knees, flacco got the benefit of a cheap call too, the refs need to put it away..

BradshawsHairdresser
10-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Make Marcia play in a frilly little dress.

drprwnap
10-05-2009, 12:10 PM
in all fairness, he was hit in the knees, flacco got the benefit of a cheap call too, the refs need to put it away..

If he did get hit in the knees, how does he not go down????? Suggs ain't no little kid.

proudpittsburgher
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Yea, he barely got touched on the knee, and he jumped up and down like a little girl to sell the call. They mentioned on NBC last night that Brady went up to Ray Lewis after the game and said one of the calls shouldn't have been made. I have to assume he was talking about that one, since the other one was clearly a blow to the head. So, if he doesn't think it should have been called, why jump up and down like a little sissy to get the call? Stuff like this, and him walking off the field and turning down the Suzy Kolber interview after a lucky win over the Bills drops Brady in my mind. I had no problem calling him the best QB in the game, and I hated him only ou of jealousy for his talent, but he I almost rooted for the Ravens yesterday because of him.

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 12:18 PM

If he did get hit in the knees, how does he not go down????? Suggs ain't no little kid.

it was a brush, nothing big but suggs hit him low, i could see why they called it, and suggs has had a history of being cheap in the past, but yea i see them protecting brady a little too much....

frankthetank1
10-05-2009, 12:21 PM
good for harrison calling brady out. i was shocked but it was so funny and right on. nfl needs to stop this non sense. would any other qb of gotten that call? i doubt it

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 12:23 PM
good for harrison calling brady out. i was shocked but it was so funny and right on. nfl needs to stop this non sense. would any other qb of gotten that call? i doubt it

your wrong, what about peyton.......we all know big ben would not, bc he is a tough qb who is not a premadonna the nfl punishes him and allows defenses to take shot after shot at him...

Oviedo
10-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Why is everyone acting like this is new information. For years the refs have given Brady and Peyton more protection than any other QBs in the league. Look at the number of times ben gets drilled after releasing the pass and there stand there like deaf mutes.

How many times do you ever see the Pats OL get called for holding. Every former player tells you that holding can be called on almost every play except for the Pats OL.

The reality is that the league at the highest levels have convinced themselves that they need the Pats to market the league. That is why I wish that Brady would not have recovered from his knee because the league would have been forced to look beyond NE for good news stories to grow this league.

Djfan
10-05-2009, 02:36 PM
I am happy to see the press is finally on this issue. Maybe it will change.

feltdizz
10-05-2009, 02:37 PM
The refs are now calling penalties on what could have happened and not what did happen.

I watched the Giants game and a DB popped a WR in the chest with his shoulder and they threw a penalty saying he hit a defenseless player.. it was 3rd down and the next play they run the same route and the guy scores... what made it sad was KC being the team the Giants beat.. they didn't need the help.

They replayed it 5 times and while one announcer was trying to justify the flag Goose wasn't having it..

I pray we don't face Brady in the playoffs.. cause the NFL has NE written all over it.

ikestops85
10-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Why is everyone acting like this is new information. For years the refs have given Brady and Peyton more protection than any other QBs in the league. Look at the number of times ben gets drilled after releasing the pass and there stand there like deaf mutes.

How many times do you ever see the Pats OL get called for holding. Every former player tells you that holding can be called on almost every play except for the Pats OL.

The reality is that the league at the highest levels have convinced themselves that they need the Pats to market the league. That is why I wish that Brady would not have recovered from his knee because the league would have been forced to look beyond NE for good news stories to grow this league.

Wasn't it the *'s that went like 15 games without a holding call against their offensive line. Unbelievable

Ghost
10-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Before anyone gives Harrison any Kudos for calling out TB - He's already back tracking, saying it was all a big joke.

Here's what Rodney Harrison told Peter King -

""Can you believe this? I WAS JOKING! I had a smile on my face! I texted Tom and told him I was going to have fun with this, and he had no problem with it at all. He thought it was funny.''

Steelgal
10-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Before anyone gives Harrison any Kudos for calling out TB - He's already back tracking, saying it was all a big joke.

""Can you believe this? I WAS JOKING! I had a smile on my face! I texted Tom and told him I was going to have fun with this, and he had no problem with it at all. He thought it was funny.''

Yep, I was just gonna post that. Patsfans were up in arms over Rodney dissing their team, but then this came to light. I was shocked Rodney said it in the first place.

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 03:04 PM

Yep, I was just gonna post that. Patsfans were up in arms over Rodney dissing their team, but then this came to light. I was shocked Rodney said it in the first place.

i took it as a joke, brady won harrison 2 super bowls, harrison would of been a nobody had he not cheated i mean, went to NE...i think he wants to take bradys skirt off and take advantage of him than shoot up HGH when they are done...

ikestops85
10-05-2009, 03:09 PM

I now take back the credit I was giving Harrison. He goes back to being the full sack of dung that I originally thought he was. After he had made that comment I had moved him up to being a 3/4 sack of dung. :moon

NorthCoast
10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
I too thought it a joke. Harrison had an s-eating grin on his face when he said it.

Djfan
10-05-2009, 03:54 PM
If any of you have youtube skills, this would be a great video. Put up the treatment Ben gets, compared with what marsha and geyton get.

LouSteel
10-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Some NFL executive realized that what keeps the fantasy football players and the "sometimes fans" glued to the TV isn't smash mouth football, isn't a punishing defense... but the big shootout like the Bengals/Browns in 07. Those fans want to see Brady/Moss and Manning/Wayne.

So we end up loosening up on the holding flags but getting strict as hell when a big bad defender even thinks about hitting a QB, because they're what keep people from flipping the channel.

The rules to the game have been distorted to favor a strong passing attack over everything else.

Welcome to the "new NFL."

Starlifter
10-05-2009, 04:52 PM
harrison may have been joking when he said it, but he meant what he said. that he is now taking it back shows what a coward he is.

frankthetank1
10-05-2009, 04:56 PM
harrison may have been joking when he said it, but he meant what he said. that he is now taking it back shows what a coward he is.

he definetly meant what he said. he has to play it off like it was a joke because it's marsha. if it were any other qb he wouldnt back track at all. what a fugazi

bostonsteeler
10-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Harrison stood by his statement that it was a BS call.
He was ribbing Brady, but the call according to him was rubbish.

You gotta agree.

grotonsteel
10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't understand this special treatment for Marsha...Screw Cheatroits...Brady Rule sucks...

Did anyone see how he was crying to ref to throw the flag...like a kid in a candy shop...

I guess CBS office in Cheatroits stadium helps them.... I hate that team..

Discipline of Steel
10-05-2009, 10:52 PM
What really sucked was it looked like the ref responded to his plea for a flag.

anger 82&95
10-06-2009, 06:54 AM
The refs are now calling penalties on what could have happened and not what did happen.

I watched the Giants game and a DB popped a WR in the chest with his shoulder and they threw a penalty saying he hit a defenseless player.. it was 3rd down and the next play they run the same route and the guy scores... what made it sad was KC being the team the Giants beat.. they didn't need the help.

They replayed it 5 times and while one announcer was trying to justify the flag Goose wasn't having it..

I pray we don't face Brady in the playoffs.. cause the NFL has NE written all over it.I agree, reminds you a bit of Joe Montana when he was the media's "darling."

Ghost
10-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Everyone sees it. Here in Atlanta the local sports talk radio was talking about it on my way to work. They said Brady gets special treatment and it was a ridiculous call. These are Falcon fans in a different conference acknowledging the separate set of rules in place for TB.

anger 82&95
10-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Looks like the Ravens are still pretty surly about the preferential treatment: "Baltimore coach John Harbaugh said yesterday he planned to submit film to the NFL office in New York of what he believes were questionable calls in the Ravens' 27-21 loss to the Patriots Sunday at Gillette Stadium. Harbaugh suggested Patriots quarterback Tom Brady got preferential treatment from the officiating crew over his own quarterback, Joe Flacco."

Boston Globe

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... ?eref=sihp (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/121833-ravens-brady-got-preferential-treatment?eref=sihp)