PDA

View Full Version : "RushHard" Mendenhall

SteelCrazy
10-05-2009, 10:18 AM
How bout that kid from Illinois....Yes, RushHard is his new name. Yeah, the line did a helluva job blocking, but that kid rushed hard and got yards Willie wouldn't have got. I just hope Tomlin gives him at least 15 carries a game when Willie does come back.

Myself, I'd sit Willie and let him hit free agency in good health and I'm a big Willie supporter.

snarky
10-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Not sure what happens to Parker next year. But a productive Mendenhall might mean a more productive Parker for the rest of 2009 as well. Yes he is not as fast as he used to be but I think he would still be decent as a change of pace guy.

Just as I wasn't jumping off any bridges after the last two weeks, I'm not going to get too high on RM just yet. But I liked the way he ran last night. Poor run defense or not he hit the holes well and broke some tackles. And seriously 160+ yards is good against any D in this league.

ikestops85
10-05-2009, 10:27 AM
How bout that kid from Illinois....Yes, RushHard is his new name. Yeah, the line did a helluva job blocking, but that kid rushed hard and got yards Willie wouldn't have got. I just hope Tomlin gives him at least 15 carries a game when Willie does come back.

Myself, I'd sit Willie and let him hit free agency in good health and I'm a big Willie supporter.

I've been pretty neutral on Mendy ... until now. I think the guy had a monster game and now I am very optimistic about his future. He ran hard and squeezed every last yard out of each carry. He made some great cutbacks that chewed up large pieces of real estate.

:Cheers Here's to the resurgence of the steeler running attack and the hope San Diego's defense wasn't that bad.

Jooser
10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
I thought Mendy looked fantastic last night. He certainly took advantage of his opportunity. He ran hard and pushed the pile, made moves and made people miss, and his speed is as impressive as Willie's at this point.

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 11:02 AM
crazy what happens when you get the rock and run HARD, no dancing or happy feet, even if there is a little daylight he saw it and hit it hard, even the runs that looked to be nothing ended with 3.....

Oviedo
10-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Don't send FWP packing yet. You need at least two top RBs to successfully get through the season.

If FWP is looking for a big payday he will leave. However if he is willing to take a discount I could see him here for another couple of years.

Sugar
10-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Don't send FWP packing yet. You need at least two top RBs to successfully get through the season.

If FWP is looking for a big payday he will leave. However if he is willing to take a discount I could see him here for another couple of years.

He is a Bettis disciple, so you never know. :wink:

steelblood
10-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Mendenhall was great. But, Willie Parker ran for big numbers against San Diego in the playoff game last year (140 or so?). I think our o-line just matches up well against SD.

I like the way Mendenhall hits the hole. He has better burst than Parker. He does hold the ball precariously sometimes. I worry that he'll fumble.

Oviedo
10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Mendenhall was great. But, Willie Parker ran for big numbers against San Diego in the playoff game last year (140 or so?). I think our o-line just matches up well against SD.

I like the way Mendenhall hits the hole. He has better burst than Parker. He does hold the ball precariously sometimes. I worry that he'll fumble.

I also worry about how he holds the ball because of the way he is always spinning after contact. That is a sure way to get someone to rip at the ball.

Doogie36
10-05-2009, 11:41 AM
YOU GUYS KILL ME....the NONMENDENHALL supporters anyway. I dont give a crap how bad the chargers run defense is........THE BOY hit the freakin PILE and kept his legs MOVING!!!!!!! Willie Dances and trys to wait......

I'll take a 2 yard gain from MENDY against the RAVENS or anyone else this year.....3rd and 6 is better than 3rd and 10.............

On one of his big runs the hole was SMALL and he broke a tackle to bust that run...NO WAY WILLIE DOES THAT....NO WAY!!!!!!!!

TOMLIN is a great coach....loved his facial expressions ALL NIGHT....NO LAUGHING OR JOKING....HE MEANT BUSINESS and he sent his message to Mendenhall and this team. Plus don't you think the OLINE will play harder as well for a guy like MENDENHALL??? You could tell they were FIRED UP as well..............

I'm telling you right now just like I told you that REDMAN would get called up.......(I dont care if we used him but obviously the coaching staff identified a problem and did the right thing by calling him up......) MENDENHALL is going to give our offense a hell of a lot better shot at putting points on the board than PARKER.........

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Did you see Mendenhall in the passing game??? He actually caught the ball and broke some more tackles............

I love WILLIE but Willie's days are numbered in PITTSBURGH!!!!!!!!!!! Mendenhall and Moore are the 1-2 combo this team needs to win OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!! I'm so pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!

proudpittsburgher
10-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Not sure what happens to Parker next year. But a productive Mendenhall might mean a more productive Parker for the rest of 2009 as well. Yes he is not as fast as he used to be but I think he would still be decent as a change of pace guy.

Just as I wasn't jumping off any bridges after the last two weeks, I'm not going to get too high on RM just yet. But I liked the way he ran last night. Poor run defense or not he hit the holes well and broke some tackles. And seriously 160+ yards is good against any D in this league.

I agree with you, I think this makes Parker better. And as far as next season goes, we'll see. If mendenhall can hold on to the ball, as he showed last night, he's the future.

proudpittsburgher
10-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Key stat for Mendenhall and the Steelers offensive line . . . 19 carries for 103 yards on first down carries. Over five yards a carry with this offense on first down, that's game over right there.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Key stat for Mendenhall and the Steelers offensive line . . . 19 carries for 103 yards on first down carries. Over five yards a carry with this offense on first down, that's game over right there.

Yep. If I'm Tomlin, I look seriously at making Mendy the feature back, and using Parker for a change-of-pace.

steelblood
10-05-2009, 12:12 PM
YOU GUYS KILL ME....the NONMENDENHALL supporters anyway. I dont give a crap how bad the chargers run defense is........THE BOY hit the freakin PILE and kept his legs MOVING!!!!!!! Willie Dances and trys to wait......

I'll take a 2 yard gain from MENDY against the RAVENS or anyone else this year.....3rd and 6 is better than 3rd and 10.............

On one of his big runs the hole was SMALL and he broke a tackle to bust that run...NO WAY WILLIE DOES THAT....NO WAY!!!!!!!!

TOMLIN is a great coach....loved his facial expressions ALL NIGHT....NO LAUGHING OR JOKING....HE MEANT BUSINESS and he sent his message to Mendenhall and this team. Plus don't you think the OLINE will play harder as well for a guy like MENDENHALL??? You could tell they were FIRED UP as well..............

I'm telling you right now just like I told you that REDMAN would get called up.......(I dont care if we used him but obviously the coaching staff identified a problem and did the right thing by calling him up......) MENDENHALL is going to give our offense a hell of a lot better shot at putting points on the board than PARKER.........

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Did you see Mendenhall in the passing game??? He actually caught the ball and broke some more tackles............

I love WILLIE but Willie's days are numbered in PITTSBURGH!!!!!!!!!!! Mendenhall and Moore are the 1-2 combo this team needs to win OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!! I'm so pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!

I assume you are referring to my comments among others. I said that Mendenhall was "great". I'm very excited to see him get more carries. But, I tempered that with the point that we've had great success running against the same D in the recent past. That is a pretty valid point.

Further, if Mendenhall continues to carry the ball the way he is, he will have fumbling issues.

Maybe, you'd respect my opinion If I TYPED IN ALL CAPS AND LAID DOWN A TON OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

frankthetank1
10-05-2009, 12:16 PM
why hasnt tomlin used mendenhall and fwp when fwp is healthy? i cant figure that one out. why should fwp get every carry when he is healthy? we all saw what mendenhall can do when the blocking is there and we know moore is a very solid rb, why not have a rotation? also that block mendenhall had on that LB that came on a blitz was beautiful. man he killed that LB!!!!

proudpittsburgher
10-05-2009, 12:25 PM
why hasnt tomlin used mendenhall and fwp when fwp is healthy? i cant figure that one out. why should fwp get every carry when he is healthy? we all saw what mendenhall can do when the blocking is there and we know moore is a very solid rb, why not have a rotation? also that block mendenhall had on that LB that came on a blitz was beautiful. man he killed that LB!!!!

I think a lot of it was due to Rashard's lack of preparation for the bengals game. I don't get the feeling that Tomlin has a lot of patience for guys who aren't prepared. Parker will get every chance to retain his job, but if Rashard has another complete game (blocking, running, holding on to the ball) FW is in trouble.

Doogie36
10-05-2009, 12:26 PM
nope still dont respect it..........how about a bunch of dots instead??.........hehe.

Willie parker fumbles as well and he usually does it behind the line of scrimmage. Mendenhall ran HARD last night. That's all I'm asking for..........(more dots) I dont give a crap how many yards he gets to tell you the truth. Our team is built on passing and it will be nice to have a back who can get 2 freakin yards instead of losing 2.

Willie is ALL OR NOTHING, always has been and always will be. I love the guy and he's done our team GREAT but its time to use our strength and that's BIG BEN and the SHORT PASSING game on 3rd and SHORT!!!!!!!!

Here's PROOF that MENDENHALL is the guy. Have you ever seen Roethlisberger kiss Willie Parker?????? NOPE!!!!!!! Last night BIG BEN planted a BIG FAT kiss on the top of Mendenhall's HEAD!!!!!!!!!!! what more proof do you need???? Seriously?????

Finding the smallest things to grip about is really silly if you ask meeeee..............(like dots, or CAPS or FUMBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mendy played his A$$ off last night and Willie might of gotten the yardage but would he have gotten the HARD FOUGHT TD'S????? or would those have been FG's instead???

Call me crazy but I'M SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even LOVED BA's 5 wide set with LOGAN.......did you see the CB's come up???? Oh it was so awesome.......loved the big FAT FB tooooo......BA pulled it all out of his butt last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 12:31 PM
all i know is that i have never been so excited to see our offense, even in the losses we were driving the ball down the field, now i THINK we have a running back that can give us some yards and establish a passing game.....

did anyone hear mendenhall after the game, he said "you know what I mean" 8 times in a 40 second interview....he is well spoken other than that though....i like him and im glad i never bashed him...

frankthetank1
10-05-2009, 12:33 PM

I think a lot of it was due to Rashard's lack of preparation for the bengals game. I don't get the feeling that Tomlin has a lot of patience for guys who aren't prepared. Parker will get every chance to retain his job, but if Rashard has another complete game (blocking, running, holding on to the ball) FW is in trouble.

that was for the bengals game though, what about the others? even in the past it seems tomlin will not rotate the backs hardly at all. at this point i think moore is a better all around rb than fwp and moore hardly gets any playing time besides 3rd down. i also love fwp but i think his time is about up. couldnt of asked more from an undrafted free agent who hardly ever played in college. im no fwp basher im just realistic

NorthCoast
10-05-2009, 12:34 PM
As Tomlin likes to say "it's an incomplete body of work". Yes he did well but as someone else pointed out Willie ripped Diego for 146 yds last year and Diego last night was without their massive nosetackle (Williams?).

I am excited we have another option besides Parker but we will need them both throughout the season.

One thing really bothered me about Mendenhall last nite. When he is in open space running did anyone else notice how he tends to swing the ball around away from his body. I saw this on a few runs and he is just asking for someone to swat it away from behind. He also needs to learn how to lean his body more when he runs. I am not an expert but it was noticeable to me so I have to believe the coaches saw it too.

Doogie36
10-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Pick Pick Pick.

The same can be said about BIG BEN.....he holds the ball out toooo......lets worry about that when it happens.....good lord.........

I noticed one of the offensive linemans shoes untied...If i noticed it im sure the coaches did toooo.....LOL.....they just might TRIP on a play.......LOL

Sorry but we win the game with OFFENSE for a change and we still find reasons to pick pick pick.........lets save that for the losses.......good god...........

It's MONDAY and i feel awesome..i'm 7 hours away from the next game, it's a 3 day weekend so I'm going and NOTHING or NO ONE is going to bring me down.........

WE WON

NorthCoast
10-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Pick Pick Pick.

The same can be said about BIG BEN.....he holds the ball out toooo......lets worry about that when it happens.....good lord.........

I noticed one of the offensive linemans shoes untied...If i noticed it im sure the coaches did toooo.....LOL.....they just might TRIP on a play.......LOL

Sorry but we win the game with OFFENSE for a change and we still find reasons to pick pick pick.........lets save that for the losses.......good god...........

It's MONDAY and i feel awesome..i'm 7 hours away from the next game, it's a 3 day weekend so I'm going and NOTHING or NO ONE is going to bring me down.........

WE WON

Yes, and it was these "details" that got Mendenhall some bench time. Waiting "until it happens" is a pretty poor approach to trying to groom an NFL RB. I gotta see more from the guy against a known tough defense (not a 28th ranked Diego rush D). Fortunately for Mendenhall he won't get one for several weeks....in the meantime he can pad his stats.

SteelCrazy
10-05-2009, 02:16 PM
What I'm most disappointed with is no one acknowledged the cleverl, imaginative, and informative nickname given to Mendy by me, the insightful one.

Back to the subject, I do think the Steelers should incorporate the two back system and not bench Willie. I am just a little excited about a successful running game.

feltdizz
10-05-2009, 02:20 PM
My problem was the crowning of Mendenhall when he showed nothing... people were telling us how he would run like he did last night. I don't like being told what a guy can do.. I like seeing what a guy can do and then praising his actual factuals... if you know what I mean? All we(most of us) wanted was proof on an NFL regular season playing field that he could get it done.

The way he was bouncing outside on the usual run stuffed right and left was what we have been begging FWP to get back to. It just seems like FWP takes 12 to 15 stutter steps to redirect... Mend is finally here...

I just hope SWEEEEEED can catch a damn TD so we can get these young guys popping.

birtikidis
10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm going to forewarn, i didn't read the entire thread, infact i only read the first few posts. i'm not a downer on Medny, but guys remember who Parker had his last big game against... that's right, the chargers, in fact, parker has done well against the chargers in his past few games. Mendenhall has to PROVE that he can do it CONSISTENTLY before i take the ball away from parker. I'm all for splitting carries between all THREE backs. I liked what I saw from Mendy, but come on, it was one game!

BURGH86STEEL
10-05-2009, 02:52 PM

I agree.

birtikidis
10-05-2009, 02:52 PM

I loved the way he blocked. he knocked the snot out of blitzers and guys who came free.

ikestops85
10-05-2009, 03:02 PM
My problem was the crowning of Mendenhall when he showed nothing... people were telling us how he would run like he did last night. I don't like being told what a guy can do.. I like seeing what a guy can do and then praising his actual factuals... if you know what I mean? All we(most of us) wanted was proof on an NFL regular season playing field that he could get it done.

The way he was bouncing outside on the usual run stuffed right and left was what we have been begging FWP to get back to. It just seems like FWP takes 12 to 15 stutter steps to redirect... Mend is finally here...

I just hope SWEEEEEED can catch a damn TD so we can get these young guys popping.
:Agree

That was my feeling also. I guess I should be from Missouri instead of Pittsburgh because I want the player to "Show Me" instead of having others tell me.

Doogie36
10-05-2009, 03:37 PM
You guys are frustrating to read.....

Talk about bringing a fan down after a great win..........geez.........

San diego allowed the following so far this year:

Week 1-68 yards to Mcfadden
Week 2-79 yard to Mcghee
Week 3-75 Ronnie Brown
Week 4-165 to the HORRIBLE MENDENHALL...................

NOW SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY all you NAH SAYERS!!!!!!!!! I'm serious this is just DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you couldnt tell the difference between Mendenhall and Parker last night then you have issues...............Will he always put 165 on the board???? NO HE WONT!!!!!!! Does he give us the best chance to WIN right NOW???? YES!!!!!!!

Let's jump onboard and back the kid and stop waiting for an entire season before judge......Stop being chicken ****$$$$ and climb onboard............Be true fans and not I WANT TO SEE AN ENTIRE YEAR OF STATS fans....give me a break....

Will you let Rashard pass you buy without getting an autograph???? Will you wait for an entire year of stats before he signs your MINATURE HELMETS????? Give me a break.....

Some of you KILL ME!!!!!!! You truly do........

steelblood
10-05-2009, 04:00 PM
nope still dont respect it..........how about a bunch of dots instead??.........hehe.

Willie parker fumbles as well and he usually does it behind the line of scrimmage. Mendenhall ran HARD last night. That's all I'm asking for..........(more dots) I dont give a crap how many yards he gets to tell you the truth. Our team is built on passing and it will be nice to have a back who can get 2 freakin yards instead of losing 2.

Willie is ALL OR NOTHING, always has been and always will be. I love the guy and he's done our team GREAT but its time to use our strength and that's BIG BEN and the SHORT PASSING game on 3rd and SHORT!!!!!!!!

Here's PROOF that MENDENHALL is the guy. Have you ever seen Roethlisberger kiss Willie Parker?????? NOPE!!!!!!! Last night BIG BEN planted a BIG FAT kiss on the top of Mendenhall's HEAD!!!!!!!!!!! what more proof do you need???? Seriously?????

Finding the smallest things to grip about is really silly if you ask meeeee..............(like dots, or CAPS or FUMBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mendy played his A$$ off last night and Willie might of gotten the yardage but would he have gotten the HARD FOUGHT TD'S????? or would those have been FG's instead???

Call me crazy but I'M SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even LOVED BA's 5 wide set with LOGAN.......did you see the CB's come up???? Oh it was so awesome.......loved the big FAT FB tooooo......BA pulled it all out of his butt last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you thought my thread was advocating Parker over Mendenhall, then you read that into it yourself. I have never been a big Parker fan. My point was that even Willie Parker looks great against the Chargers. I loved what Mendenhall did, I just made the point that he did it against a team that we have run well against lately. I never tried to say Mendenhall didn't do a very nice job. I'm just tempering it with some facts.

mshifko
10-05-2009, 04:29 PM
mendy should be our featured back..we still have to use willie though. even before this game, i felt mendy's running style better suites our zone blocking. he makes one cut and goes, runs downhill, and has better vision. he's better out of the backfield IMHO too. FWP isn't chopped liver, but i just think we have a real talent in mendy...

skyhawk
10-05-2009, 06:23 PM
I haven't seen a RB run that hard AND fast since the days of Barry Foster in 1992.

Bettis was big and strong, but Mendy brings speed.

SD's D pretty much sucked all around. That could be the worst D line we have faced in a long time.

Steelerphile
10-05-2009, 07:00 PM

Week 2-79 yard to Mcghee
Week 3-75 Ronnie Brown

NOW SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY all you NAH SAYERS!!!!!!!!! I'm serious this is just DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you couldnt tell the difference between Mendenhall and Parker last night then you have issues...............Will he always put 165 on the board???? NO HE WONT!!!!!!! Does he give us the best chance to WIN right NOW???? YES!!!!!!!

Let's jump onboard and back the kid and stop waiting for an entire season before judge......Stop being chicken bad word$$$$ and climb onboard............Be true fans and not I WANT TO SEE AN ENTIRE YEAR OF STATS fans....give me a break....

Will you let Rashard pass you buy without getting an autograph???? Will you wait for an entire year of stats before he signs your MINATURE HELMETS????? Give me a break.....

I'm totally with you on this. Mendenhall definitely looks better than Parker at the present time. Parker may have done well against SD in the past but I totally doubt he would have gotten 165 yds like Rashard did yesterday. Right now Rashard looks just as fast or faster than Parker, he's bigger and stronger and he is more decisive when he takes the ball. Yes it is frustrating when fans nitpick every little thing. It's never going to be perfect. But Rashard looked like a primetime rusher and Parker is looking kind of washed up. Parker has enough left to help out some, but not to be a lead back.

Time to give Mendenhall the start even if Parker is "healthy" which I don't think he really ever is anymore.

Discipline of Steel
10-05-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm going to forewarn, i didn't read the entire thread, infact i only read the first few posts. i'm not a downer on Medny, but guys remember who Parker had his last big game against... that's right, the chargers, in fact, parker has done well against the chargers in his past few games. Mendenhall has to PROVE that he can do it CONSISTENTLY before i take the ball away from parker. I'm all for splitting carries between all THREE backs. I liked what I saw from Mendy, but come on, it was one game!

I know what you are saying, we have three respectable running backs. But the thing is, taking a back out of the game to give another guy his turn can have a negative influence on the first guy's productivity. Dont break his flow! Having two backs is healthy in case a guy cant go, which happens frequently. But alteranating them every series is a bad way of building their consistancy. I think thats why Tomlin and Arians were saying 'its Willies ball'. If Rushhard (good nickname by the way) gets the ball for the game, Willie should take his turn on the pine.

Shoe
10-05-2009, 07:49 PM
What I'm most disappointed with is no one acknowledged the cleverl, imaginative, and informative nickname given to Mendy by me, the insightful one.

Pal, we're trying to forget the cheeseballness of your attempt. :wink: :oops: We're trying to give you a pass! :wink:

feltdizz
10-05-2009, 08:11 PM

Week 2-79 yard to Mcghee
Week 3-75 Ronnie Brown

Let's jump onboard and back the kid and stop waiting for an entire season before judge......Stop being chicken bad word$$$$ and climb onboard............Be true fans and not I WANT TO SEE AN ENTIRE YEAR OF STATS fans....give me a break....

OK Mendy.. sheez. whats up with the caps and the random !!!!!!!

You had a great game.

AngryAsian
10-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Next up for Mendy: The Detroit D, which thus far has allowed their opponents amass the following on the ground -

Week 1 against the Saints: 157

Week 2 against the Vikes: 112

Week 3 against the Skins: 65

Week 4 against the Bears: 151

I like Mendy's chances next week to have another 100+ game. Then Week 6 gives us the lowly stains, which are currently ranked 31st against the run. I see Mendy's confidence booming, if given the lion's share of the snaps. Why not... the run opens up the pass and Ben had a great night against the #14 rated pass defense in the Charger's secondary last night. The balance was sweet.

SteelCrazy
10-05-2009, 09:01 PM

Pal, we're trying to forget the cheeseballness of your attempt. :wink: :oops: We're trying to give you a pass! :wink:

I asked for that......... :Binky

grotonsteel
10-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Mendy ran really hard...and was very impressive. Lets see how he does against great defense like Ratbirds.

Willie should be the change of back....never have been Willie fan but i think as a change of back he could hit few homeruns and being his contract year Willie might run wild against tiring D which will be great for Steelers.

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2009, 01:48 PM

I asked for that......... :Binky

RushHard ain't a bad effort, but as a hockey fan, I prefer the "Rocket Rashard" moniker for Mendenhall. He ran up and down the turf at Heinz Field like Maurice Richard skating across the ice at the old Montreal Forum.

http://www.thesportgallery.com/products/richard550water.jpg

SteelCrazy
10-06-2009, 06:34 PM
What about Rocket RushHard? :Cheers

NKySteeler
10-06-2009, 07:05 PM

Maybe it has to do with Mendy's preparation (or lack thereof) as in the situation a week prior... Tomlin outright said he wasn't prepared for the Cincy game, and Mendy took it as he should, and proved himself the following week.

IMHO, it's only a matter of time this season before we see a "double-barreled" tandem. Beyond that, I don't want to speculate too much about the "Parker being gone next year" stuff, or "Mendy being the second coming of sliced bread" stuff.... Long season, and anything can happen.... I just want them BOTH healthy and prepared for each game.

NKySteeler
10-06-2009, 07:09 PM
.... But Moore wasn't chopped liver Sunday night either.....................

costanza2k1
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
I imagine if Mendenhall does well again, he will be the starter. He may not be named the starter, but he sure will get the bulk of the carries. Sadly Parker has lost his game (speed). Happens to all runners, Bettis lost it as well. We were just good enough to let him come along for the ride for a few years and he was very successful in spot duty. Thanks for the great games Willie, you were a game changer. Now it's Mendenhall time! I want to see this guy plow over defenders....

SteelCrazy
10-06-2009, 11:56 PM
I believe FWP will remain the starter unless he remains ineffective up until the bye week. If he performs well, he will remain the starter. If not so well, RushHard will be given the rock for the rest of the year and beyond. Mendenhall's immediate success hinges on FWP's performance in the next few weeks.

Captain Lemming
10-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Sure beats that lame "Dependahall" that somebody came up with.
RushHard is cool because it is descriptive, simple, and it just works; Dependahall is forced and just sound ridiculous. Who would come up with a nickname like that???

After reading the truly clever nickname you created, that guy is probably too embarrassed to ever make a post on this board again.

Back to the subject, I do think the Steelers should incorporate the two back system and not bench Willie. I am just a little excited about a successful running game.

SteelCrazy
10-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Sure beats that lame "Dependahall" that somebody came up with.
RushHard is cool because it is descriptive, simple, and it just works; Dependahall is forced and just sound ridiculous. Who would come up with a nickname like that???

After reading the truly clever nickname you created, that guy is probably too embarrassed to ever make a post on this board again.

Don't be so hard on yourself. There's only room for one King here and I just happened to be labeled first. It was a very good try, for a rookie, and several here are proud of your "little" nickname. Cute....
:lol: