PDA

View Full Version : Titans - Curse of the Terrible Towel

rpmpit
10-05-2009, 10:12 AM
They should have known better than to mess with the towel. They look awful. And now the fans are calling for Young?? Hysterical!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

fezziwig
10-05-2009, 10:24 AM
I would love for this to make the Titans news paper. Wouldn't it be great that some sports writer made script of the downfall of the Titans after they trashed our towel ?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-05-2009, 10:53 AM
I love this! I was thinking of this last night. Do NOT diss the Towel!

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 12:37 PM
if they are calling for young than you know they are in trouble, i look for them to win next week on MNF against the colts....

proudpittsburgher
10-05-2009, 12:48 PM
if they are calling for young than you know they are in trouble, i look for them to win next week on MNF against the colts....

:Agree I was talking with the misses last night about this. True, the Tits look awful, but they do things well that the Colts have trouble with. If they can rachet it up on defense just a little, an upset isn't out of the question. Of course, I'm not betting the house on it, but I can totally see an upset in the making.

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 12:50 PM

:Agree I was talking with the misses last night about this. True, the Tits look awful, but they do things well that the Colts have trouble with. If they can rachet it up on defense just a little, an upset isn't out of the question. Of course, I'm not betting the house on it, but I can totally see an upset in the making.

right on, and they will go into the game knowing that its under the lights at home the crowed will be amped and if they win than they are 3 games behind with 3 qtrs of the season to go, if they play like how they played us than i think they win, the shut it down yesterday...no effort

ramblinjim
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM
well they haven't won a game since this happened.........

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM

And THAT is the curse. They will NEVER win another game until they sacrifice either a virgin, or their QB. Or whoever that was that led the stompage.

RuthlessBurgher
10-05-2009, 03:41 PM

The Colts are #1 in the NFL in passing offense, and the Titans are dead last in the league in defending the pass. That would appear to be the worst possible match-up for the struggling Titans. I don't see at all how that could be considered the Titans doing things well that the Colts have trouble with.

The Titans allowed Ben to pass for 363 and 1 TD, Schaub passed for 357 and 4 TD's, the rookie Sanchez passed for 171 and 2 TD's, and Garrard passed for 323 and 3 TD's.

In Peyton's 4 games so far, he had 301 and 1 TD against Jacksonville, 303 and 2 TD's against Miami, 379 and 4 TD's against Arizona, and 353 and 2 TD's against Seattle.

I think Manning is going to go crazy against the Titan secondary next week. It won't be pretty.

RuthlessBurgher
10-05-2009, 03:45 PM

And THAT is the curse. They will NEVER win another game until they sacrifice either a virgin, or their QB. Or whoever that was that led the stompage.

They will have to start giving LenWhale a funnel of Patron as if he was Will Ferrell in Old School (as opposed to the role LenWhale actually played in that movie...Weensie)

http://static.flickr.com/38/123522277_81acec64f3_o.jpg

jj28west
10-05-2009, 09:28 PM

The Colts are #1 in the NFL in passing offense, and the Titans are dead last in the league in defending the pass. That would appear to be the worst possible match-up for the struggling Titans. I don't see at all how that could be considered the Titans doing things well that the Colts have trouble with.

The Titans allowed Ben to pass for 363 and 1 TD, Schaub passed for 357 and 4 TD's, the rookie Sanchez passed for 171 and 2 TD's, and Garrard passed for 323 and 3 TD's.

In Peyton's 4 games so far, he had 301 and 1 TD against Jacksonville, 303 and 2 TD's against Miami, 379 and 4 TD's against Arizona, and 353 and 2 TD's against Seattle.

I think Manning is going to go crazy against the Titan secondary next week. It won't be pretty.
Nice Breakdown.
Maybe the Titans could slow the colts down with long drives running the ball to at least make it competitive. Then again if they fall behind...forget about it

papillon
10-05-2009, 10:12 PM
The Titans thought they were simply stomping on some old yellow rag without knowing what the towel actually represents in Steeler lore and to the city of Pittsburgh. It's more than just something that Steeler fans wave at games, it represents Myron Cope's gift to the special needs school that his son attended and supported. He gave the Trademark of the towel to the school, so that, all proceeds from sales of Terrible Towels would benefit the school.

It's not just an old yellow dish rag which is how it started, but it turned into something very meaningful ans, so the Titans pay for a misunderstanding. The Titans are :loser s

Pappy

rpmpit
10-06-2009, 10:28 AM
The Titans thought they were simply stomping on some old yellow rag without knowing what the towel actually represents in Steeler lore and to the city of Pittsburgh. It's more than just something that Steeler fans wave at games, it represents Myron Cope's gift to the special needs school that his son attended and supported. He gave the Trademark of the towel to the school, so that, all proceeds from sales of Terrible Towels would benefit the school.

It's not just an old yellow dish rag which is how it started, but it turned into something very meaningful ans, so the Titans pay for a misunderstanding. The Titans are :loser s

Pappy

Well said, Pap!!!

aggiebones
10-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Collins looks like the ghost of Cope is hanging on his back during games. He's been bad.
I wonder how long Cope will make them suffer. lol

papillon
10-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Collins looks like the ghost of Cope is hanging on his back during games. He's been bad.

Yoi, triple yoi, forever would be too soon to let him off the hook; let him pay for his teammates transgressions. :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

JTP53609
10-06-2009, 12:13 PM

how did we make him look so good

Shoe
10-08-2009, 01:11 PM

That makes sense... hell, they refused to rush more than four against us, when it was clear that Ben was getting all day to throw... and Ben picked them apart underneath and between zones--that is pretty much Peyton's game in a nutshell (precision, taking what the D gives him).

Even if the Titans to get a fluke TD or two... that just means Peyton has to throw. Which is precisely what they want to avoid. They better get HUGE days from CJ & dumb$hit running the ball.