PDA

View Full Version : logan return

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 08:18 AM
once he started running it up, i did not like the way he was carrying the ball, now to his credit he did put it away, but that is total BS by the refs that they did not blow the whistle, in a league that prides itself on player safety how the heck can you have a guy be held up with 3 guys trying to rip his face off trying to get the ball as he is getting thown back and there is no whistle, you cannot challege forward progress so i dont know why we challenged it, but it was BS that there was no whistle, that was a good 3 seconds of him being held up and thrown back...

LouSteel
10-05-2009, 09:48 AM
once he started running it up, i did not like the way he was carrying the ball, now to his credit he did put it away, but that is total BS by the refs that they did not blow the whistle, in a league that prides itself on player safety how the heck can you have a guy be held up with 3 guys trying to rip his face off trying to get the ball as he is getting thown back and there is no whistle, you cannot challege forward progress so i dont know why we challenged it, but it was BS that there was no whistle, that was a good 3 seconds of him being held up and thrown back...

That was one of the worst no-calls of the night. Ball should've been blown dead.

Djfan
10-05-2009, 09:59 AM
The call was iffy at best, but that's not the issue. I was surprised by Tomlin's challenge. He knows better. We might have needed that time out.

Ghost
10-05-2009, 10:03 AM
The call was iffy at best, but that's not the issue. I was surprised by Tomlin's challenge. He knows better. We might have needed that time out.

I agree. Someone upstairs should have been telling Tomlin not to bother. The whistle clearly didn't blow (right or wrong) and Logan was no where near being down - no way to reverse that call.

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 10:06 AM
right before commercial it looked like tomlin said he waved his arms for a fare catch....i thought the same thing about it being a terrible challenge call......

steelblood
10-05-2009, 11:57 AM
He should have fair caught it. The hands team should have been on for the on-side kick. We should have sat on some of the out routes in the second half. Our staff, with the exception of Arians, was almost as bad as the tackling in our secondary in the 4th quarter.

Shoe
10-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Please...
it wasn't an egregious (non-)call by no means. You will see that 100 over the course of a weekend (as it applies to non-QB's) and to cite some *continued* bias against Pittsburgh is just silly and takes away from when we have legitimate cries of unfairness (e.g. Pete Morelli)

Djfan
10-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Please...
it wasn't an egregious (non-)call by no means. You will see that 100 over the course of a weekend (as it applies to non-QB's) and to cite some *continued* bias against Pittsburgh is just silly and takes away from when we have legitimate cries of unfairness (e.g. Pete Morelli)

Shoe, not to be rude, but I really have no idea what you are trying to say.

Jigawatts
10-05-2009, 08:32 PM
I had one of those tommiesteel "bad feelings" about that play. A few seconds before the
ball was in the air I said "I don't like Logan on punt returns."

No question I like him returning the kick offs, but punts are a different beast.

AngryAsian
10-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Please...

Shoe, not to be rude, but I really have no idea what you are trying to say.

2nd that, Shoe... can't fathom the depths.

grotonsteel
10-05-2009, 09:47 PM
I thought that was a great play by Chargers special team.

I also believe Tomlin should not have challenged that call. Timeouts are important especially if we play close games.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Please...

I read where many are calling it a bad non call and saying that it should have been whistled down due to forward progress - but I don't see anyone claiming that there is an anti-Steeler bias on that call.

papillon
10-05-2009, 10:08 PM
The punt should have been fair caught that was Logan's first mistake and the second was continuing to fight for yards. The call or non-call by the refs was incidental to the other two mistakes.

Pappy

JTP53609
10-06-2009, 08:37 AM
The punt should have been fair caught that was Logan's first mistake and the second was continuing to fight for yards. The call or non-call by the refs was incidental to the other two mistakes.

Pappy

i guess these players do not watch other games, (buffalo/new england wk 1)....

papillon
10-06-2009, 11:25 AM

Pappy

I'm not familiar with what happened in that game or maybe I am and I simply don't remember.

Pappy

JTP53609
10-06-2009, 12:05 PM

Pappy

I'm not familiar with what happened in that game or maybe I am and I simply don't remember.

Pappy

well it was inside of 2 minutes to go in the game and the bills were up 4, the returner for buffalo had a nice return but refused to go down even with 2 patriots on top of him, he kept fighting for an extra half yard at most, well anyway, the ball was stripped and new england recovered and went on to win the game....

frankthetank1
10-06-2009, 12:38 PM

Pappy

Pappy

well it was inside of 2 minutes to go in the game and the bills were up 4, the returner for buffalo had a nice return but refused to go down even with 2 patriots on top of him, he kept fighting for an extra half yard at most, well anyway, the ball was stripped and new england recovered and went on to win the game....

logan's return wasnt half as stupid as mckelvin's. it should of been blown dead for forward progress but logan should of had the ball secured better, two hands on the ball in the situation he was in and he didnt have to fight for an extra yard. to be honest besides a couple good returns logan has been a little dissapointing. if we wanted a return man that is prone to fumble we could of kept willie reid for that

JTP53609
10-06-2009, 12:43 PM

Pappy

Pappy

logan's return wasnt half as stupid as mckelvin's. it should of been blown dead for forward progress but logan should of had the ball secured better, two hands on the ball in the situation he was in and he didnt have to fight for an extra yard. to be honest besides a couple good returns logan has been a little dissapointing. if we wanted a return man that is prone to fumble we could of kept willie reid for that

i think alot of fans were expecting logan to be the next donte hall, or devin hester, logan is fast and quick but there was too much expected out of him right off the bat, i think he will be an upgrade but we need to lower our standards in terms of what we expect out of him....

ikestops85
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
i think Logan did cover the ball with 2 hands. The chargers just did a great job stripping him of the ball. They wouldn't let him go down and when he finally did we were unlucky because he landed on a player instead of hitting the ground. I still like what Logan can bring to the table as a punt returner and he has proven to be a bonus with his special teams coverage. The man hits pretty hard for a little guy.

papillon
10-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Am I the only one that thinks a fair catch was the play. The coverage team was pretty closer to Logan when he caught the ball or was that a different punt? I'm fairly certain it was the one in which he fumbled.

Pappy

stlrz d
10-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Am I the only one that thinks a fair catch was the play. The coverage team was pretty closer to Logan when he caught the ball or was that a different punt? I'm fairly certain it was the one in which he fumbled.

Pappy

No, I felt the same way.

But I'll add that when 4 guys not only have you wrapped up and stopped, but are pushing you backwards, the whistle should be blown.

Holding onto the ball is one thing...holding onto the ball while 4 guys have you stopped, are holding you up and ripping at the ball with all they have is something entirely different.

frankthetank1
10-06-2009, 04:38 PM
i think Logan did cover the ball with 2 hands. The chargers just did a great job stripping him of the ball. They wouldn't let him go down and when he finally did we were unlucky because he landed on a player instead of hitting the ground. I still like what Logan can bring to the table as a punt returner and he has proven to be a bonus with his special teams coverage. The man hits pretty hard for a little guy.

yea that was a sweet tackle. nothing like seeing a 5'6 guy take down another 5'6 guy. there have been a number of returns i thought he came pretty close to breaking. i also saw one play he was out with the offense for a screen but ben threw it down the field. i would love to see him catch some screens

BradshawsHairdresser
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM

Pappy

No, I felt the same way.

But I'll add that when 4 guys not only have you wrapped up and stopped, but are pushing you backwards, the whistle should be blown.

Holding onto the ball is one thing...holding onto the ball while 4 guys have you stopped, are holding you up and ripping at the ball with all they have is something entirely different.

But Chris Collinsworthless said it was a "brilliant special teams play" on San Diego's part. :? :) :) :)