PDA

View Full Version : Farrior, Chargers' Jackson mix it up

fordfixer
10-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Steelers' Farrior, Chargers' Jackson mix it up

By Mark Kaboly, Daily News Sports Editor
Monday, October 5, 2009

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 46484.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_646484.html)

After games, the center of the football field is usually reserved for handshakes and prayers no matter how rough and tough of a game just took place.

That was not the case Sunday night after the Steelers held on to defeat the San Diego Chargers, 38-28, at Heinz Field.

As the final gun went off, Steelers linebacker James Farrior made a beeline for San Diego star receiver Vincent Jackson, who was walking off the field in the direction of the locker room.

When Jackson finally heard Farrior directing comments in his direction, he turned around and met the Steelers' linebacker near midfield.

The two continued to jaw before Farrior finally shoved his hand in Jackson's face-mask.

The two then had to be restrained by teammates and some members of each coaching staff.

Neither would elaborate about the incident afterward.

"It is just football," Farrior said. "It is a rough game. Sometimes, stuff like that happens."

When asked if something occurred during the game that sparked the confrontation, Farrior replied: "No, we just don't like each other."

Jackson refused to talk to the media afterward, but fellow receiver Chris Chambers admitted that a linebacker and a receiver getting into a tussle is quite unusual, not to mention in the middle of the field after the final whistle.

"He's a linebacker, so I didn't think he would be messing with those guys," Chambers said. "I could see if it was a DB or a safety. Vincent is an aggressive guy. I don't know what was said. Hopefully, he is alright and the other guy gets fined for whatever he did."

Jackson managed only four catches for 57 yards and didn't get into the end zone for the second consecutive week.

Farrior finished with five tackles and the game-clinching fumble recovery.

"Hopefully, we won't read too much into it and let it go and just move on," Chambers said.

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 07:32 AM
haha, farrior was asked if something happened in the game to trigger that, and he said no we just dont like each other haha..

Djfan
10-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Doesn't sound like Farrior. Something must have happened.

What's up with the media bringing it up? Let it die and move on. No one needs a fine or whatever. No one was hurt and it's over.

Move on.

Tomlinator
10-05-2009, 09:59 AM
On a similar note, does anyone know what was up with Tomlin jawing with one of the Chargers late in the game?

I had the TV muted at the time, but it looked like Tomlin said "I've got my eye on you."

Whats that about?

ikestops85
10-05-2009, 10:18 AM
My guess is Jackson went low on Farrior sometime during the game. It's unusual that Farrior would get in any kind of altercation.

fezziwig
10-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Doesn't sound like Farrior. Something must have happened.

What's up with the media bringing it up? Let it die and move on. No one needs a fine or whatever. No one was hurt and it's over.

Move on.

I agree, I don't remember when the media wasted time on something like this.

steelblood
10-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I hope they don't suspend him.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-05-2009, 11:44 AM
My guess is Farrior was frustrated because he got beat in coverage so many times.

proudpittsburgher
10-05-2009, 11:50 AM
On a similar note, does anyone know what was up with Tomlin jawing with one of the Chargers late in the game?

I had the TV muted at the time, but it looked like Tomlin said "I've got my eye on you."

Whats that about?

I saw that. At the time, i thought Tomlin was just playing with him, but when I thought about it, I don't think he is the type to play with the opposing team during the game. Somethign was said, and I love that Coach T is mixing it up as well.