PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick to my stomach

DHSF
10-04-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm going to have to be rooting for the Patriots to win tomorrow. Is it ok to just root for the Ravens to lose?

RuthlessBurgher
10-04-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm going to have to be rooting for the Patriots to win tomorrow. Is it ok to just root for the Ravens to lose?

Yes, whenever two teams you hate are playing each other, you always root for one to lose...but never for the other to win, if that makes any sense. Since the :brownssuck , :ratsuck , and :bungalssuck play each other twice each season, we constantly have to pick who we want to lose more for each of those games...but that does NOT mean that I am rooting for the other team. For example, I want the :bungalssuck to lose tomorrow. But I will not be singing the praises of the :brownssuck tomorrow, because that is just messed up. It may not sound all that logical, but that is how I think about it anyway. Similarly, I want the :ratsuck to lose tomorrow, but I will not be saying "hip hip hooray" about Belichick, Brady, Moss, and all of those other cheating Asterisks.

Scarletfire1970
10-04-2009, 08:03 AM
I don't hate the Patriots as much as the Rats. Not even close.

ghettoscott
10-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Yes, whenever two teams you hate are playing each other, you always root for one to lose...but never for the other to win..

$ yessir....

phillyesq
10-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Yes, whenever two teams you hate are playing each other, you always root for one to lose...but never for the other to win..

$ yessir....

:Agree

In addition for rooting for the team I dislike more to lose (I this case, the ratbirds), I also root for a very long, physically draining game, hopefully with overtime. I don't root for injuries, but if the game leaves both teams worn out and depleted, all the better.

papillon
10-04-2009, 10:57 AM
The game is irrelevant to me and I don't really care who wins or loses. The Steelers need to take care of business (if they can't, then they won't be in the playoffs, it's up to them) and not count on other teams to do their work for them. As far as I can tell it's just another game on the NFL schedule and should be an enjoyable game to watch.

Pappy

Shoe
10-04-2009, 12:00 PM
I agree with the OP's sentiment--it doesn't feel good to root for one of these two particular (hated) teams. Truth be told, now that the situation is posted to me: I think I prefer the Ravens, even though it'd help us a lot more as we all know.

It just galls me, that that f-n team, likely stole (i.e. cheated) one, possibly two SB appearances from us. We learn from youth, that "cheaters never prosper", yet these guys have thrived and made their legacy on the back of cheating.

DukieBoy
10-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Well, the Ravens made the Cheatriots* defense look like a sieve on that first drive. Flacco to Mason 6X for about 70 yards.

Tough for Belicheat to compete without the video tape or stolen signals.

Better hope for a shootout.

DukieBoy
10-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Watching the commercials on CBS and they are showing a bit of football between clusters of commercials. Anyway, the Ravens put out a bunch of roughage after the whistle and seem to never get flagged for it. It's way too much roughage way late after the whistle.

Shoe
10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Now that the cheats* are on the brink of pulling it off, I want them to win. (No matter how much I don't respect them, I can't pass up help for our Steelers. Go you f-n cheaters*! Seal the deal!)

Shoe
10-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Now that the cheats* are on the brink of pulling it off, I want them to win. (No matter how much I don't respect them, I can't pass up help for our Steelers. Go you f-n cheaters*! Seal the deal!)

Nice catch, Limas Clayton! :loser

pfelix73
10-04-2009, 08:19 PM
We need to have one of these-

:ratsuck :brownssuck :bungalssuck

made with the *patriots

Can we lobby for one?

:tt1

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 08:10 AM
i was patriotic and rooted for the pats, than i threw up

proudpittsburgher