PDA

View Full Version : Does Sweed Juggle?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-03-2009, 07:22 AM
I was at my dentist's yesterday, he told me he played some IM football at UTx as a wide receiver. He went through a slump of dropsies like Sweed, and then it got to be a mental thing so he couldn't even catch any ball.

Anyway, to overcome this he taught himself to juggle. He said this activity forces you to look at the balls very closely. Soon thereafter he overcame the "mental" block against catching the ball.

How much "free" time do NFL players have? Maybe Sweed should learn to juggle!

frankthetank1
10-03-2009, 08:27 AM
it couldnt hurt sweed. im sure at this point he would be willing to try anything to get rid of the drops

Steelerphile
10-03-2009, 08:27 AM
I was at my dentist's yesterday, he told me he played some IM football at UTx as a wide receiver. He went through a slump of dropsies like Sweed, and then it got to be a mental thing so he couldn't even catch any ball.

Anyway, to overcome this he taught himself to juggle. He said this activity forces you to look at the balls very closely. Soon thereafter he overcame the "mental" block against catching the ball.

I think that is one of the most constructive statements that I have seen and I think it is worth a try.

proudpittsburgher
10-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Honestly, I taught myself to juggle, and it's all about the pattern of the balls and getting your hands in the correct position. (Just now thought about how that sentence could be taken in a few different ways.) Anyway, I'm all for Limas figuring things out, but 'm not sure if juggling is the way to go. But if it makes him catch the ball, go for it.

feelthesteel
10-03-2009, 09:25 AM
then he joined the Clowns!!

proudpittsburgher
10-03-2009, 09:50 AM

Looks like he has Sunday night open, since he won't be in uniform.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-03-2009, 05:55 PM
I think it would be lovely if he learned how to juggle, but far better if he learned how to CATCH.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I think it would be lovely if he learned how to juggle, but far better if he learned how to CATCH.

Did you hear the one about how the Steeler team doctor didn't give Sweed a flu shot, because he ... knew he couldn't catch anything!!

Badummm!

fordfixer
10-03-2009, 08:43 PM

Did you hear the one about how the Steeler team doctor didn't give Sweed a flu shot, because he ... knew he couldn't catch anything!!

Badummm!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

True Fan
10-03-2009, 08:52 PM
he is doing fine at juggling balls thrown to him

RuthlessBurgher
10-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Didn't Jim Craig, the goalie for the 1980 U.S. Olympic Hockey team, juggle balls to help his hand-eye coordination to help him stop pucks? I recall a scene in the movie "Miracle" where the guy playing his part was juggling balls while bouncing them off a wall.

kennyes
10-04-2009, 03:24 AM

Badummm!

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/ ... 20soup.mp3 (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/PITTSBURGH-PA/WDVE-FM/Emeril%20Limas%20drop%20soup.mp3)

:mrgreen:

anger 82&95
10-04-2009, 11:30 AM
he is doing fine at juggling balls thrown to him
Lol! Exactly...

True Fan
10-04-2009, 02:52 PM
wasn't there another fairly recent steeler player that juggled balls? i think the cops witnessed this at schenley.

JTP53609
10-05-2009, 02:51 PM
very easy to learn to juggle, first get 3 scarves and learn the cycle method alternate each hand with one in the air, once you get that move to tennis balls and then your a pro.....this from a gym teacher, basically a doctor