PDA

View Full Version : Redman may play Sunday

SteelCrazy
10-02-2009, 11:09 PM
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sport ... -play.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2009/october/01/steelers-notes-polamalu-will-not-play.html)

A CHANCE FOR REDMAN?

Rookie running back Isaac Redman said there’s a chance he may be activated if Parker can’t play Sunday.

Redman, who played well in the preseason, was cut Sept. 4. A day later, he was assigned to the eight-man practice squad.

“The coaches just told me to be ready,” Redman said. “They told me to make sure I know the offense and to make sure I know the game plan for this week. I don’t know what’s going to happen. It could be a game-time decision.”

With Parker hurt, the Steelers only have three healthy running backs on their roster — Mendenhall, Moore and Carey Davis. A first-team fullback the past two years, Davis was cut Sept. 4 but re-signed Wednesday when rookie fullback Frank Summers was placed on injured reserve with a back injury.

Lebsteel
10-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Awesome, I'd love to see him get a chance. Does that mean someone would have to be cut or moved to the PS to make room for Redman?

Djfan
10-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Good. He needs a shot. He seemed to put it all on the line in the pre season.

I really hope it works out for him.

frankthetank1
10-03-2009, 08:36 AM
even if redman is active i cant see him getting any playing time. maybe in short yardage but that is the only way i see him making it on the field

Djfan
10-03-2009, 09:45 AM
even if redman is active i cant see him getting any playing time. maybe in short yardage but that is the only way i see him making it on the field

Right, but that has been a real problem for us this year.

proudpittsburgher
10-03-2009, 09:49 AM
So, to make sure have PS rules correct, he would have to stay on the team all season if they brought him up, yes? And to put him back on the PS, they would have to cut him again, and he would have to clear waivers again, right?

frankthetank1
10-03-2009, 10:00 AM
carey davis wasn't picked up. so who is going to play the "fulback" position the next few weeks before johnson is back? i wouldnt think they would use redman there.

Oviedo
10-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I think this may be wishful thinking on Redman's part. They will have to cut someone from the roster to make him active. Not sure they do that for a short term solution.

Discipline of Steel
10-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Awesome, I'd love to see him get a chance. Does that mean someone would have to be cut or moved to the PS to make room for Redman?

Someone would have to get cut, even if we wanted them to make it to the practice squad. So the question is, who would get cut? Probably not a RB, even though we have Parker, Mendy, Moore, CD, and Logan. Logic says Sweed, leaving Ward, Stonio, Mr. Wallace, and McD as the WR. Any other suggestions?

Mister Pittsburgh
10-03-2009, 10:17 AM
with Carey Davis replacing the injured Johnson, and Frank the Tank being injured, isn't the Tanks spot still open leaving room for Redman on the roster?

Johnson replaced by Davis

Tank replaced by ?

Discipline of Steel
10-03-2009, 10:25 AM
with Carey Davis replacing the injured Johnson, and Frank the Tank being injured, isn't the Tanks spot still open leaving room for Redman on the roster?

Johnson replaced by Davis

Tank replaced by ?

I dont think Johnson was cut from the active roster meaning CD replaced Tank. For Redman to ascend, they would need to cut someone else from the active roster.

ProudP, I dont believe he would have to remain on the active roster all season but I think you are correct in that he would have to clear waivers again if he was cut again.

BTW, any team can sign anyone off another teams practice squad, at any time, and place them on their active roster.