PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Cut Sweed?!

Djfan
10-01-2009, 11:51 AM
I can't find a link, but a friend of mine just said that Sweed was cut.

I have to get to work, but if you find anything post it here.

JTP53609
10-01-2009, 11:55 AM
i dont know, im on every site and cant find anything...your friend maybe a optimist

Oviedo
10-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Highly unlikely but if true Tomlin is really sending one heck of a message. Pucker factor will be up on the Southside.

Listening to ESPN1250 on the internet. If this happened they would have said something.

stlrz d
10-01-2009, 11:57 AM
I think your friend is having a go at you.

Oviedo
10-01-2009, 11:58 AM

Reevaluate if he is really your friend or if you are just comic relief for him :wink:

Djfan
10-01-2009, 12:00 PM

Reevaluate if he is really your friend or if you are just comic relief for him :wink:

Everyone has their place in life, brother.

phillyesq
10-01-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm hoping that this isn't true -- that would be foolish.

The drops are obviously an issue, but who would you replace him with? Dallas Baker? There is nobody that you can pick up with the upside of Sweed. And with McDonald on the roster, there is no need for immediate help, either.

Oviedo
10-01-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm hoping that this isn't true -- that would be foolish.

The drops are obviously an issue, but who would you replace him with? Dallas Baker? There is nobody that you can pick up with the upside of Sweed. And with McDonald on the roster, there is no need for immediate help, either.

:Agree

stlrz d
10-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Still nothing on the web and no texts from KDKA or Songwhale...or ESPN.

I'm pretty sure your friend was just messin' with you.

JTP53609
10-01-2009, 12:14 PM
sweed is definetely struggling, if he can learn to catch than i still believe that he will be okay, runs nice routs, get behind the defense...he had a few nice catches in the afc championship game last year (and one sure T.D. drop) i think that we should throw to him between the 20's and forget him inside the 20, he seems to have block hands in the endzone.....

Djfan
10-01-2009, 12:28 PM
I asked him for a link. No response yet.

papillon
10-01-2009, 01:01 PM
That would be as idiotic a move ever made by the Steelers.

Pappy

ikestops85
10-01-2009, 01:06 PM
That would be as idiotic a move ever made by the Steelers.

Pappy

I would have to agree. While I am not happy with Sweed's performance this is only his second year. Sit the guy down and make him earn his playing time but it's too early to cut him loose.

Snatch98
10-01-2009, 01:26 PM
i dont know, im on every site and cant find anything...your friend maybe a optimist

lol. You're suggesting Sweed should be cut?

RuthlessBurgher
10-01-2009, 01:37 PM

It's funny how an internet rumor can get people who called for him to be cut a few days ago to stop in their tracks and say "What...wait a minute...ummm...I didn't really mean that...I was frustrated and emotional at the time..."

JTP53609
10-01-2009, 01:47 PM

i really dont want him to be cut, i think he still has potential, good route runner, just needs to make the easy catch....alot of people want him dumped though, but i think we need to stick with him, if he starts catching than i think he will be decent..

Ghost
10-01-2009, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep if he got cut. And here's why - I trust the coaches and FO to make the right decisions (accept for C Davis...) and if they did cut him it would mean they had fully evaluated him and felt as if he couldn't overcome whatever the issue is making him over think catching the football.

He didn't get cut. They are clearly still evaluating him. I do think he should not dress this week though. There has to be some accountabilty for not performing your only job.

If he is given a chance this season and shows no improvement then they should part ways with him. "Getting open" isn't enough for a roster spot.

frankthetank1
10-01-2009, 03:51 PM
its way too soon to cut sweed. that would be a very rash and stupid move especially since they would be left with 4 wr's including mcdonald. if someone gets hurt then what? he has also not dressed for a whole lot of games and was a 2nd round pick a year ago. i dont think he has all that much potential but ive been wrong in the past

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-01-2009, 04:04 PM
I too would be surprised. There is too much there not to keep working with this kid. If Wallace & McDonald were not here I think it would be a different story. I have seen other players struggle early and still live up to expectations. Not yet...But he needs to show improvement or it will become a possibility.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-02-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm guessing the guy heard on the radio that he was demoted and interpreted it as meaning he was cut. Cut from the 3 spot, cut from those who dress maybe......but he was not cut.

spyboots
10-02-2009, 09:50 AM
He's just being benched in favor of McDonald right now. He's not cut.