PDA

View Full Version : Panthers cut Sonny Harris

steelerkeylargo
10-01-2009, 10:29 AM
heres hoping we bring him back. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
10-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Since Nick Eason has been on the 53 man roster but inactive on gameday for all 3 games now, do you think that they would consider cutting Eason and re-signing Harris, and just keeping Harris inactive on gameday instead of Eason?

It likely depends on if they are confortable enough with just Kirschke a veteran back-up behind Smith and Keisel along with two rookies instead of the two vet backups and one rookie.

If anything happened to Smith or Keisel and Kirschke had to start, would be they be comfortable enough with two rookie DE backups?

stlrz d
10-01-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm always surprised when Eason is inactive. We need rotation on the D line and though he's not stellar I see him holding the point of attack and making plays.

One of my favorite post-XLIII moments is him with his hat on saying, "We did it...we worked HARD for this...oh my goodness!"

JTP53609
10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
i would not mind younging up that dline and trying to steal harris,...its an either way thing though, between he or eason..

Northern_Blitz
10-01-2009, 11:10 AM
If he clears waivers, does this open the door for us to sign him to our practice squad (as per the original plan)?

As for the 53, we didn't want to a month ago, so I doubt we do now.

RuthlessBurgher
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM
If he clears waivers, does this open the door for us to sign him to our practice squad (as per the original plan)?

As for the 53, we didn't want to a month ago, so I doubt we do now.

He would likely have to decide whether he would prefer to be on the practice squad of the 4-3 team like the Panthers or on the practice squad of a 3-4 team like the Steelers (assuming that another team doesn't pick him up to be on their 53 man roster in the mean time). With the Panthers' problems at DT after Kemo's brother's season-ending injury, you'd think he would have stuck there. Perhaps he is not as good as many thought (after all, he was a 6th round pick for a reason...no one is lamenting the loss of our 5th round pick Summers right now).

MeetJoeGreene
10-01-2009, 11:20 AM
I would at least put him on the PS and cut that running back.....

(Not Redman silly -- the OTHER running back)

pfelix73
10-01-2009, 11:21 AM
I'd rather have Eason, the vet.

:tt1

steelblood
10-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Hmm. We didn't keep him on the 53. The Panthers (who are DT deficient with M. Kemo out) cut him. These aren't ringing endorsements.

Oviedo
10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Hmm. We didn't keep him on the 53. The Panthers (who are DT deficient with M. Kemo out) cut him. These aren't ringing endorsements.

Everyone knew he was a project when we drafted him. The Panthers probably reached when they signed him and have now had several weeks to figure that out.

I would like him back though.

phillyesq
10-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Everyone knew he was a project when we drafted him. The Panthers probably reached when they signed him and have now had several weeks to figure that out.

I would like him back though.

:Agree

The Steelers have another DL on the PS (McLendon), and I would really like to see Harris replace him on the P.S. Vincent could also be cut to make room for him.

I wouldn't dump Eason for him -- as much as I disliked Eason, I think he has value, and he is at least solid.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-01-2009, 01:17 PM
we cut james harrison and so did baltimore.

JTP53609
10-01-2009, 02:37 PM
we cut james harrison and so did baltimore.

and then once more....

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-01-2009, 04:42 PM
The only way he returns is on the PS.

SidSmythe
10-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I really can't understand why Justin Vincent got so many carries in the preseason and then made the PS.

Maybe he has a really good grasp of the offense or the coaches really like his blocking ability?? Who knows.

But lets bring back HARRIS!!

grotonsteel
10-01-2009, 11:53 PM
I would like Harris on PS.

I think he is a project but could be diamond in the rough. I would definately not replace Nick Eason with Harris. Eason played well for Steelers last season.

Cut that RB Vincent from PS.

PSU_dropout43
10-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Wexell twitter -

RaShon Harris spurned an offer to sign with the Steelers' practice squad to instead sign with Carolina's.

SidSmythe
10-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Wexell twitter -

RaShon Harris spurned an offer to sign with the Steelers' practice squad to instead sign with Carolina's.

That's ok, b/c when Parker is healthy again and Redman goes back to the PS, we can sign Harris from the Panthers PS to the 53 man roster.

phillyesq
10-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Wexell twitter -

Makes sense. The Panthers gave him a shot in the NFL and a few game checks. Harris probably figured that was his best opportunity.

Either way, I'm glad to see that the Steelers made an effort to bring him back.