PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu tests injured knee, may play...

PSU_dropout43
09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 45778.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_645778.html)

Polamalu tests injured knee, may play Sunday
by Scott Brown

Troy Polamalu started running today and he has not ruled out playing Sunday when the Steelers host the San Diego Chargers in an 8:20 p.m. game.

"It would be nice to play this weekend," Polamalu said. "We'll see."

Despite his optimism, Polamalu, who has missed the last two games with a sprained left knee, is a long shot to play against the Chargers.

Since getting hurt in the Steelers' season opener Polamalu said he has been lifting and doing cardiovascular work. Today marked a significant step in his recovery as he actually ran on the knee he hurt when Tennessee Titans tight end Alge Crumpler fell on his leg on Sept. 10.

"I really felt well," Polamalu said.

LordVile
09-30-2009, 04:54 PM
guess he can't stand to watch his team lose. if he does play , hopefully he doesn't over do it and plays some of the game.

SteelBucks
09-30-2009, 06:14 PM
He won't play. I wouldn't put him back out there until he's close to 100% healthy.

pfelix73
09-30-2009, 10:09 PM
It's been almost 1 month. I always thought it might be possible for him to play in the SD game. If he does, probably just a few plays though.

:tt1

Vindrow
09-30-2009, 10:40 PM
If he feels that he can play against against the Chiggers, great....I had him pegged coming back against the Lions...but if he can come back now then do it.

JTP53609
10-01-2009, 07:42 AM
love ya troy, but please dont play, just wait until everything is 100%, it is not worth having you get severely injured, we could use you this week at 75%, but one game missed is better than the remaining 12....

Oviedo
10-01-2009, 07:53 AM
No way I would put him out there and risk reinjuring that kneee and losing him for a much longer period of time. Give him a couple more weeks so he can play to the level he is capable of.

Snatch98
10-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Easily one of my favoirte players of all time. A classy individual through and through that improves the team on a mental and physical level. He makes everyone better. Although I don't want him to rush back. I think we can handle the chargers.

PSU_dropout43
10-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Wexell twitter...

Troy Polamalu will not play this Sunday. He only said "God willing," as he always says, and some reporters ran with it. No chance.

JTP53609
10-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Wexell twitter...

Troy Polamalu will not play this Sunday. He only said "God willing," as he always says, and some reporters ran with it. No chance.

anything to make a story i guess....

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Headline:

Polamalu tests injured knee, may play Sunday

From the body of the article:

Despite his optimism, Polamalu, who has missed the last two games with a sprained left knee, is a long shot to play against the Chargers.

Like many articles, the headline was irresponsible.