PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry released

PSU_dropout43
09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
No, not that Chris Henry, WR of Bungles fame.

Titans RB Chris Henry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8304

We should pick him up.

I'd much rather have him over Carey Davis.

The best way to describe Chris Henry is bigger Willie Parker.

JTP53609
09-30-2009, 09:46 AM
no thank you

SteelCrazy
09-30-2009, 09:49 AM
There's a reason he was released and it probably is as bad as it seems.

pfelix73
09-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I'd rather pick up our friend Najeh.

:tt1

phillyesq
09-30-2009, 10:03 AM
He fell out of favor in TN quickly. I remember last year the Steelers were linked to him in trade rumors, but I don't see it happening.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2009, 10:15 AM
No, we need a guy that can play fullback, so Carey Davis fits the bill much better than a speed guy.

stlrz d
09-30-2009, 11:02 AM
He's Mendy size. I looked at a few different Titans forums and didn't see anyone lamenting this loss. And some were actually said, "About time".

Of course they have Johnson and White so this kid may not have gotten much of a chance anyway.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2009, 11:19 AM
He's Mendy size. I looked at a few different Titans forums and didn't see anyone lamenting this loss. And some were actually said, "About time".

Of course they have Johnson and White so this kid may not have gotten much of a chance anyway.

Correct. Henry's listed at 5-11 230 (Mendenhall is listed at 5-10 225). Henry didn't have a great college career, but an excellent combine. (4.40 40, 26 reps on the bench, 32" vertical). His workout warrior status made him a second round pick, but people forgot to check if he could actually run the ball.

PSU_dropout43
09-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Chris Henry
Height: 5112
Weight: 230
40 Yrd Dash: 4.40
20 Yrd Dash: 2.56
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 26
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 10'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.16
3-Cone Drill: 6.96

phillyesq
09-30-2009, 03:20 PM

If I remember correctly, they drafted Henry in the second round, and followed that with Lenwhale the year after, with Johnson after that. So I think this is a situation where his performance led to the impressive depth chart ahead of him, rather than him not having an opportunity because of the guys he was behind, if that makes any sense.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2009, 03:35 PM

If I remember correctly, they drafted Henry in the second round, and followed that with Lenwhale the year after, with Johnson after that. So I think this is a situation where his performance led to the impressive depth chart ahead of him, rather than him not having an opportunity because of the guys he was behind, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, when Henry was drafted, I believe their primary running backs were Travis Henry and Chris Brown. He may even caught the tail end of the Eddie George era.

PSU_dropout43
09-30-2009, 03:57 PM

Lenwhale was drafted in '06 (Holmes draft class)
Chris Henry in '07
Chris Johnson in '08

stlrz d
09-30-2009, 10:33 PM

Of course it makes sense. :)