PDA

View Full Version : Wow we are banged up

steelerkeylargo
09-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Summers to IR
David Johnson out at least 2 games
Hartwig, Spaeth and Parker all questionable for S.D.

I dont like the way things are shaping up!

steelfanforlife
09-29-2009, 09:04 PM
only one injury matters - polamalu - the rest of those guys are replacable

Shoe
09-29-2009, 09:08 PM
That's not really that bad... Polamalu is the only impact player of the bunch. In fact if you compared it to the other teams in the league, I would say we are relatively healthy.

stlrz d
09-29-2009, 09:15 PM
You guys sold on Legursky at center if need be?

SteelerNation1
09-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Tomlin said Hartwig & Spaeth will be limited the early part of the week, but both should play.

pfelix73
09-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Hartwig is pretty important in there at C, if you ask me. Losing him for significant time would not be good. The OL needs the cohesiveness right now to continue to get better. Communication along the line is so important. As a group, they are playing well right now.

:tt1

papillon
09-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Hartwig is pretty important in there at C, if you ask me. Losing him for significant time would not be good. The OL needs the cohesiveness right now to continue to get better. Communication along the line is so important. As a group, they are playing well right now.

If losing Hartwig is a big deal then that's the front office and coaches fault for not having a reliable center ready to go as backup. I think there have been enough drafts since Hartings left to find a replacement even if Stapleton is injured.

You can't replace a player like Polamalu they only come around once a generation, but, Hartwig? The Steelers shouldn't miss a beat if gets injured and can't play.

Pappy

JTP53609
09-30-2009, 08:29 AM
hartwig would hurt to lose, he is a decent center, but he is the leader and goes out of his way to be the leader from the stories i have read, ...........last year we were very lucky to be healthy, this year we are not so fortunate, but if we run off a 5 or 6 game win streak than suddenly, the injuries dont happen, it always seems to go that way....

phillyesq
09-30-2009, 09:55 AM
You guys sold on Legursky at center if need be?

I don't think that there would be a big drop with Legursky. He looked fine during the preseason (and I realize it is just preseason), and its Jeff Hartwig that he is replacing, not Dirt Dawson.

pfelix73
09-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Some of you just don't know how important it is to have the same 5 on the field. I guess because you've never been there on any level. You start making changes, and all hell breaks loose. Hartwig is very important part of the OL.

stlrz d
09-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Was it week 4 (last season) that we lost Smith and Simmons?

Our O line is just now coming together after having to make that adjustment...if Hartwig is out I think it is a bigger drop off then some of you think.

JTP53609
09-30-2009, 01:01 PM

Our O line is just now coming together after having to make that adjustment...if Hartwig is out I think it is a bigger drop off then some of you think.

yea it was after the rat game that smith, simmons and mendenhall all got hurt.....

steelblood
09-30-2009, 01:38 PM
We have a pretty normal mix of injuries for week 4.

Stapleton IR - may not have been a starter anyway.
McHugh and Summers - IR - role players, but replaceable
Polamalu injury - star player - very costly so far.
Hartwig - Q - with ankle, may not miss any time.
Spaeth - Q - we are running out of TEs
Parker - Q - Toe.

Look at SD

Jamaal Williams is on IR
Hardwick and Tomlinson have been injured for a couple weeks and likely will be questionable at best for this game
Merriman and Vincent Jackson left the last game and are likely questionable for this weeks game
Starting Guard (Vasquez) has an injury
a few role players are banged up.

We may be better off than San Diego. We'll see when the injury reports come out tomorrow.

JTP53609
09-30-2009, 01:43 PM
We have a pretty normal mix of injuries for week 4.

Stapleton IR - may not have been a starter anyway.
McHugh and Summers - IR - role players, but replaceable
Polamalu injury - star player - very costly so far.
Hartwig - Q - with ankle, may not miss any time.
Spaeth - Q - we are running out of TEs
Parker - Q - Toe.

Look at SD

Jamaal Williams is on IR
Hardwick and Tomlinson have been injured for a couple weeks and likely will be questionable at best for this game
Merriman and Vincent Jackson left the last game and are likely questionable for this weeks game
Starting Guard (Vasquez) has an injury
a few role players are banged up.

We may be better off than San Diego. We'll see when the injury reports come out tomorrow.

i dont know, maybe i am a rare exception, but tomlinson gets on my nerves, he seems to be hurt alot, ever since he acted like a little spoiled brat sitting on the bench away from his teammates a few years ago in the AFCCG, i dont have much admiration for him..

phillyesq
09-30-2009, 01:57 PM

yea it was after the rat game that smith, simmons and mendenhall all got hurt.....

Ok, perhaps you guys are right. I still don't think that there would be a noticeable dropoff with Legursky, but hopefully I won't have the chance to be proven wrong. :tt1