PDA

View Full Version : Jets look like we use too when Ben first arrived

feelthesteel
09-29-2009, 02:59 PM
They look pretty good.

RuthlessBurgher
09-29-2009, 03:08 PM
When I listen to their coach talk, I think this is what it would be like if Ron White ate as much as he drank. I will refer to Rex Ryan as Coach Tater Salad from now on.

http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/rex-ryan.jpg http://www.wgrr.com/Portals/0/airstaff/chris/Ron-White-450.jpg

feelthesteel
09-29-2009, 03:43 PM
their defense is tough -running game solid- great cornerback Revis i would take him over IKE and GAy anyday. I would even take their RB Washington over slow Willie.
my dad is an ol time Jet fan and i have too say
they look decent...could be an anomoly but so far pretty good

papillon
09-29-2009, 04:11 PM
When I listen to their coach talk, I think this is what it would be like if Ron White ate as much as he drank. I will refer to Rex Ryan as Coach Tater Salad from now on.

http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/rex-ryan.jpg http://www.wgrr.com/Portals/0/airstaff/chris/Ron-White-450.jpg

Well, Buddy has to be Tater Salad and Rex has to be Tater Tot, his son! :tt2

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
09-29-2009, 04:13 PM

Or Tater Tot, his son! :tt2

Pappy

Yeah, makes sense. I don't think it would be right to use the word "Salad" when referring to Rex Ryan. I'm sure he's eaten bucketloads of Chili Cheese Tots at Sonic, though. :P

Shoe
09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
I still think it is way too early to break out the anointing oil on Sanchez. I'm not saying he's about ready to become Ryan Leaf, but I'm not ready to (even) say he is a future star yet either. The guy has 1 & change starting college experience + three NFL games under his belt.

Let's see how he reacts to the loooong season still to come. In fact, if he's able to stay intact all season, I'm predicting that he will hit the wall at some point (late in the season, when his team cannot have it.)

feltdizz
09-29-2009, 06:11 PM
I still think it is way too early to break out the anointing oil on Sanchez. I'm not saying he's about ready to become Ryan Leaf, but I'm not ready to (even) say he is a future star yet either. The guy has 1 & change starting college experience + three NFL games under his belt.

Let's see how he reacts to the loooong season still to come. In fact, if he's able to stay intact all season, I'm predicting that he will hit the wall at some point (late in the season, when his team cannot have it.)

I have to give Sanchez credit.. he looks like a leader and makes plays...

there are a ton of vets who look worse then he does. Jets could be a problem.

JTP53609
09-30-2009, 09:48 AM
similarities of the 04 steelers, but they wont go 15-1, lucky if they go 10-6....they will come back to eart soon

Mel Blount's G
09-30-2009, 02:08 PM
their defense is tough -running game solid- great cornerback Revis i would take him over IKE and GAy anyday.
I hope you're not another Ike basher. Granted I do not know much at all of Revis' game but I do know that Ike is one of THEE best tackling cb's in the league, a skill which is ultra-important on this defense that very often leaves Ike alone between a receiver and the goal line. He has also become a very very good cover corner to go along with his top notch tackling. As we all know, Ike's problem is that he simply can not catch the ball (kinda like Limas Sweed). Please don't be so quick to give up Ike for some flavor-of-the-month media darling

What is also missing from the jet analysis I've read here is the above-average quality of their o-line imo (which is also similar to Ben's oline in '04)

frankthetank1
09-30-2009, 04:37 PM
their defense is tough -running game solid- great cornerback Revis i would take him over IKE and GAy anyday.
I hope you're not another Ike basher. Granted I do not know much at all of Revis' game but I do know that Ike is one of THEE best tackling cb's in the league, a skill which is ultra-important on this defense that very often leaves Ike alone between a receiver and the goal line. He has also become a very very good cover corner to go along with his top notch tackling. As we all know, Ike's problem is that he simply can not catch the ball (kinda like Limas Sweed). Please don't be so quick to give up Ike for some flavor-of-the-month media darling

What is also missing from the jet analysis I've read here is the above-average quality of their o-line imo (which is also similar to Ben's oline in '04)

revis is much more than a flavor of the month media darling. there isnt any cb id rather have than revis. that is of course some based on his youth and his realistic potential. he could become an elite cb in the nfl that is if he isnt already. i like ike a lot but i would much rather have revis. we were so so close from having ike and revis opposite each other. it was heartbreaking when the jets jumped in front of the steelers to draft him. imagine if we had revis, ike, troy and clark for a secondary. oh well, what could of been

feelthesteel
09-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Ditto
ive seen Revis play
pretty good. can intercept too.

sd steel
09-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Jets are flavor of the week, and they don't look much like the Steelers at all. Bad comparison.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Yup. After Nnamdi, Revis is likely the top CB in the league right now. The biggest blunder of Tomlin's Steeler career was talking up Revis prior to his first draft while Colbert was trying to shut him up. It was no coincidence that the Jets moved up one spot ahead of us in that draft.

frankthetank1
10-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Yup. After Nnamdi, Revis is likely the top CB in the league right now. The biggest blunder of Tomlin's Steeler career was talking up Revis prior to his first draft while Colbert was trying to shut him up. It was no coincidence that the Jets moved up one spot ahead of us in that draft.

that was a huge mistake by tomlin but that is really my only complaint about tomlin thus far, that and the carey davis expieriment