PDA

View Full Version : Jaworski

NorthCoast
09-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Anyone else getting really annoyed by this guy? I used to think his analysis was decent but the last months he seems to be slipping into Madden land of announcing. Comments are innane, silly, and not very analytical. He sounds like he is blubbering some company lines most of the time.....yada..yada...yadaa..

Gruden on the other hand is excellent. He has really added to the announcing team. I also sense Gruden can't stand Jaws.

Shoe
09-28-2009, 11:04 PM
I would disagree on both counts... I don't mind Jaws at all, and I don't think Gruden has any problem with Jaws.

(I'm guessing that you will get a lot of support on your thoughts though, as seems like every Steeler internet fan thinks every announcer is biased and against the team.)

SidSmythe
09-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Gruden is excellent
Jaws is a little silly, but you gotta take the Pollock w/ a grain of salt. pLus he's a Buffalo native. I can tolerate him...there have been much worse

Oviedo
09-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Gruden is excellent
Jaws is a little silly, but you gotta take the Pollock w/ a grain of salt. pLus he's a Buffalo native. I can tolerate him...there have been much worse

I agree. Jaworski has been a clown for the entire time he has been in the media. Its almost like he tries too hard to show how smart he is which he isn't.

JTP53609
09-29-2009, 08:51 AM
dont like jaworski, like gruden......jaworski will make a story out of something that everyone knows, like in week one when he put brady in super slow motion and told us how good his mechanics were...duh,

papillon
09-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Love Gruden and Jaworski reminds me of Don Meredith from the 70s for all you old-timers out there. Unfortunately, there's no one that can be Howard Cosell.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
09-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Jaws was good on the old Edge NFL Match-Up shows in which he broke down coaches' tape with Merril Hoge. That show was much more informative than any of this pre-game fluff garbage that networks spew out. Note to network exec's: Die-hard football fans would like to learn something when watching a football show. Former players diagramming blitzes and explaining blocking schemes was useful knowledge...much better than a bunch of goofball ex-jocks trying to be funny and failing miserably.

papillon
09-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Jaws was good on the old Edge NFL Match-Up shows in which he broke down coaches' tape with Merril Hoge. That show was much more informative than any of this pre-game fluff garbage that networks spew out. Note to network exec's: Die-hard football fans would like to learn something when watching a football show. Former players diagramming blitzes and explaining blocking schemes was useful knowledge...much better than a bunch of goofball ex-jocks trying to be funny and failing miserably.

I rarely missed that show for the exact reason that you espouse. The problem is that in today's entertain me 24 hours a day and seven days week world useful information is eschewed by the majority of the ever shallowing gene pool.

Pappy

ikestops85
09-29-2009, 04:13 PM

:Clap :Clap

Well said Ruthless, well said. I loved watching that Match Up show. One of the most informative football shows on the air. I have a hard time watching the pre-game shows on the air now.

papillon
09-29-2009, 05:13 PM

Well said Ruthless, well said. I loved watching that Match Up show. One of the most informative football shows on the air. I have a hard time watching the pre-game shows on the air now.

There are pre-game shows?

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
09-29-2009, 06:03 PM

Pappy

Yeah, they spend 2 hours talking about whether or not we have a backfield. :wink:

Discipline of Steel
09-29-2009, 10:33 PM

Pappy

The Titans pregame was the worst. Black eyed peas and some country singers and not a word about either team. That drove me up the wall, i was dying to hear a little build up to the game. What did all that lame music have to do with ANYTHING?

papillon
09-29-2009, 10:58 PM

Pappy

The Titans pregame was the worst. Black eyed peas and some country singers and not a word about either team. That drove me up the wall, i was dying to hear a little build up to the game. What did all that lame music have to do with ANYTHING?

That's why I try to turn the game on about three minutes after the posted start time. That spares the first set of idiotic commercials as well.

Pappy

Djfan
09-29-2009, 11:07 PM
I have to admit that I have seen this thread for a day or two, but didn't engage it until now. Why? Because Jaws is the worst of the worst.

I try to be nice, but he reminds me of the short kid in PE class who is VP of the chess club, so he tries to over compensate by being loud and knowing everything. Everything he does is to prove to you that he knows more than you do.

I would rather chew on foil than listen to Jaws. He is awful.

JTP53609
09-30-2009, 08:19 AM
I have to admit that I have seen this thread for a day or two, but didn't engage it until now. Why? Because Jaws is the worst of the worst.

I try to be nice, but he reminds me of the short kid in PE class who is VP of the chess club, so he tries to over compensate by being loud and knowing everything. Everything he does is to prove to you that he knows more than you do.

luckily i dont have any of those kids in my P.E class, but yea, Jaws is annoying, he tries to impress us with his "knowledge" how many super bowls did he win with that knowledge by the way

NorthCoast
09-30-2009, 08:35 PM

I would rather listen to fingernails scrape across a blackboard than listen to Jaws.