PDA

View Full Version : Big Props to Max Starks

flippy
09-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Everyone though Max was going to get eaten alive, but he did a nice job against a great pass rusher. If he keeps it up, Ben's gonna have as long as he wants to make plays downfield and he's still not gonna get hit.

I think yesterday was a turning point for this line.

I'd like to see us play Philly, Jets, and Baltimore back to back to back to help solidify the line. Our weaker schedule could come back to haunt us as we may not be as prepared to face elite defenses prior to playoff time.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-28-2009, 05:04 PM
our "weaker" schedule may be the only reason we make the playoffs.

if we make it at all.

frankthetank1
09-28-2009, 05:59 PM
i think the o-line has done a great job with pass protection. its definetly much improved from last season thank god. the run blocking could be better but at least the o-line is going in the right direction. starks has played well this season. i also think essex has done a great job.

JTP53609
09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
if someone told me we would be 1-2, i would say well, i guess the oline blew it for us,....but no the DEFENSE and the VANILLA play calling has killed us, and not going for the jugguler

Djfan
09-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Good observation. Credit where credit is due.

Anyone know how many sacks Ben took on Sunday?

RuthlessBurgher
09-29-2009, 12:25 PM

One.

Jooser
09-29-2009, 12:35 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/msmertz/applause.gifhttp://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff205/DivinityVander/Applause.png

Nice call Flip, I believe the Odom sack came when he beat a double team up the middle...

Oviedo
09-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Satrks is one of those guys who the internet attack dogs wanted to run out of town. Now we are seeing him develop into a nice player.

Lesson learned with regards to the Sweed and Mendenhall hate.

phillyesq
09-29-2009, 01:45 PM
For the most part, the offensive line was much improved. My biggest frustration with their play this season is that they can't seem to get the job done in short yardage situations.

papillon
09-29-2009, 02:03 PM

One.

And, that one was a combination of him and the o-line, it just came at a bad time on 3rd down in the 4th quarter.

Pappy