PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for the Easy Schedule This Year

flippy
09-28-2009, 04:44 PM
3 games in and there's only 7 teams with worse records than us.

Only 7 teams have less scoring than we do.

And 7 teams have given up fewer points. So technically, the defense is outperforming the offense thus far. Just not by enough. And they can't seem to close out.

Statistically, we look like the Redskins on paper. And they just lost to the Lions.

That's all of a sudden looking like a challenging game.

But as bad as things stand right now, we actually look better than last year.

And we just need to make the playoffs.

And Ben won't let us lose.

He's saving some magic.

SteelerNation1
09-28-2009, 08:01 PM

He's saving some magic.
I think you're right flip. I'm just getting nervous because in 2008 it got to a point where EVERY fan expected the defense and Ben to win EVERY game and they pretty much did. I hate the feeling I now have. My 2009 feeling is, I hope when the other team scores, they leave us enough time to answer. The last 2 weeks they didn't. :cry:

BradshawsHairdresser
09-29-2009, 12:27 AM
"Easy" schedule won't help us if we keep playing the way we've been playing...after all,
weren't the Bears and the Bengals considered to be two of the "easy" teams on the slate?

JTP53609
09-29-2009, 10:09 AM
well, before that ravens game on nov 29th, i had us being 8-2, i would not at all be surprised if we are 8-2 when we see them, i hate using the troy excuse, but with him in the lineup we are 3-0 right now, the chargers and vikings are our hardest games before that big one with baltimore, i could see 7-3 or 8-2.

SteelBucks
09-29-2009, 10:14 AM

He's saving some magic.
I think you're right flip. I'm just getting nervous because in 2008 it got to a point where EVERY fan expected the defense and Ben to win EVERY game and they pretty much did. I hate the feeling I now have. My 2009 feeling is, I hope when the other team scores, they leave us enough time to answer. The last 2 weeks they didn't. :cry:

:Agree

I've had the same feeling going back to the Super Bowl......please score quick so our offense has some time to pull out a win.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-29-2009, 11:31 AM
well, before that ravens game on nov 29th, i had us being 8-2, i would not at all be surprised if we are 8-2 when we see them, i hate using the troy excuse, but with him in the lineup we are 3-0 right now, the chargers and vikings are our hardest games before that big one with baltimore, i could see 7-3 or 8-2.

I beg to differ. The "Troy excuse" is not valid. Great a player as he is, he would not make up for the inexplicably poor playcalling at critical junctures--not just on offense, but also on defense. Troy wouldn't make up for the physical and mental lethargy displayed by many of the other players (Holmes, Woodley, Farrior, etc.). Troy wouldn't make up for the less-than-stellar kicking of Reed, the butterfingers of Sweed and Holmes, the lack of a short-yardage running game, etc., etc..